Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Default MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Per Mike Wells on Twitter:

@Wells222

T-Wolves turn down Pacers offer of the 10th pick for PG Jonny Flynn.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Minnesota turns down Indy's offer of the #10 pick for Johnny Flynn

Good.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ESutt7 For This Useful Post:

Radio idiot AnthonyMasonsHaircut's Avatar

It was worth a shot. That proposal is the ultimate example of "the worst they can say is no" cliche. They'll probably be better able to move that pick if they attach one of their big expiring deals (Murphy, Ford) to it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want Al Jefferson, but not give up Danny like Minnesota wanted earlier this season.

I'd try and make a 3-way with someone else willing to give some value to Minnesota along with our pick and Troy and/or TJ.

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hooray!
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't like that trade anyhow. Perhaps this means that Lawson is indeed off the table though.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

I have this fear that our goal is to move the 10 for a PG come hell or high water, and we might overlook better deals involving other players to do it.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It happens.

Good. I'm not all that high on Flynn anyways.

Let's move along, and find a better deal.

Banned

Flynn would have been a nice pickup, but I'm not sure he's really worth the #10 overall pick. It all depends on whether or not he's willing to be a passing point guard, so if we really want him, I would be willing to give up B-Rush if they also give up one of their later first rounders.

My guess is Lawson and Collison can't be had. Flynn was worth a shot, shows the Wolves either really like Flynn, or aren't too sure about Rubio's future

I really don't get why people are all for going after Lawson or Collison, but not Flynn. Flynn is more explosive than both of them, can score if he needs to (which we won't need him to do a ton of) and put up pretty solid numbers as a rookie last year. All he has to do is cut down his turnovers and he's all set.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't like that trade anyhow. Perhaps this means that Lawson is indeed off the table though.
    Why not?

Flynn was a 6th pick in a strong draft who played well in his rookie year. Did he do anything last season to diminish his value?
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    Why not?

Flynn was a 6th pick in a strong draft who played well in his rookie year. Did he do anything last season to diminish his value?
    It isn't really anything against Flynn. I just think that there may be better trades out there that would still bring us back similar talent at pg and a veteran player.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

We would have had to offer real salary along with that, right? According to ESPN's trade machine, even Solo or Rush wouldn't work straight up. I wonder what our offer was (if they even got to such specifics.)
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    We would have had to offer real salary along with that, right? According to ESPN's trade machine, even Solo or Rush wouldn't work straight up. I wonder what our offer was (if they even got to such specifics.)
    This originally came from Wells, right? I wonder if there actually was an offer. Perhaps a "double smoke screen" by two teams with the hope of putting pressure on other potential trade partners? Where is Oliver Stone when we need him?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

HC

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This originally came from Wells, right? I wonder if there actually was an offer. Perhaps a "double smoke screen" by two teams with the hope of putting pressure on other potential trade partners? Where is Oliver Stone when we need him?
    I think that would only be the case if Wells said "Pacers & T'Wolves in talks for Flynn". Stating that they turned us down, pretty much leaves Denver and NO still in the driver's seat in talks involving their PG's.
    Grown Man Ball

Mood

Lazy job by Wells... why report something without the full details? (There has to be more pieces involved...)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Lazy job by Wells... why report something without the full details? (There has to be more pieces involved...)
    Welcome to the world of Twitter

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Welcome to Mike Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I have this fear that our goal is to move the 10 for a PG come hell or high water, and we might overlook better deals involving other players to do it.
    I'm worried if this is the thinking and we couldn't get Lawson or Collison, then went to Flynn....that we may settle for....DJ Augustin.....

Wow I'm so glad T-Wolves rejected it. I'm not high on Flynn at all. He didn't play well at all last season nor did he give glimpes of being a star, which you would expect from the 6th pick in last years draft.

Good to know Bird is active. Overall, I'm happy Minni rejected it. This reminds me of when we tried to trade for Tyson Chandler....we would have been in deep ***** with salary if we got Chandler
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    I think that would only be the case if Wells said "Pacers & T'Wolves in talks for Flynn". Stating that they turned us down, pretty much leaves Denver and NO still in the driver's seat in talks involving their PG's.
    You are right as far as the Pacers are concerned. Minnesota, with Indiana's help, may be trying to drive a bargain with another team though.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Welcome to the world of Twitter
    Thing called linking to a blog explaining everything...

You know doing that thing he's supposedly paid for... to write and report...

It would be nice if we would get a beat reporter that wasn't so halfed

32. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Mood

My gut feeling is it was the initial offer... and we were asking for more than Flynn back (their 2 later 1 rounders), while offering Rush, and Solo to match Salaries...

Or Ultimate 1st offer of Ford and 10 for Flynn, Gnomes, and 2 1sts... and we may see us ending up with the first deal...

But you never know b/c of Wells crappy reporting... and Kahn's manlove w/ PG's (might be way overvaluing Flynn)