Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

  1. #1
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,205
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    return home to find a collection notice in the mail for nearly $900.00. My bills were up-to-date when I left Comcast in June with my last bill being $183.00. I have a receipt showing I returned the equipment on 6/2/10.

    I have NEVER received any other bill from Comcast service (I only had their service for two months). I left because I felt I had been lied to in regards to the services I would have available. Additionally, I was under the impression I had no contract with them and no requirement to stay with them any specified period of timel....unless the cost for the three services package was an implied contract.

    In any event........Rot in Hell Comcast.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Dream Big
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,666

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    I just switched from Directv to Comcast and am
    When are they going to add some more HD channels?
    Do they have NBA league pass and are the games broadcast in HD?

  4. #3
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just switched from Directv to Comcast and am
    When are they going to add some more HD channels?
    Do they have NBA league pass and are the games broadcast in HD?
    Why did you switch from DTV to comcast?

    Who knows when they'll add more HD channels; I hate that about them. They never can even tell you the answer to that question because it's different in each area.

    As for League Pass, you can get it if you have digital cable, but none of it is in HD.

  5. #4

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    Thank goodness for this new Xfinity company.

  6. #5
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,205
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    The problem has been cleared up with Comcast. They had not received word of the equipment being turned in until last Friday. They will clear up the collection with the agency and admit that in fact they owe ME a $45 REFUND....which I should get in about 35 days.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    Yep, Comcast tried to do that with me over a cable modem that I purchased. I bought it from Best Buy, but they told me two years after I switched to DirecTV that I had never returned the modem.

    Of course I didn't return the modem, it wasn't theirs.

  9. #7
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    Comcast is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. If you cancel your servicel , unless you take it to them....which isn't an option for me because my local office is 45 minutes away...they will continue to bill you for cable until they get the equipment even though they shut your signal off. I haven't had Comcast for over a year, but they showed up here the other day asking for a modem that I don't have. I don't know what there deal is. They are threatening to bill me 80 dollars for it.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  10. #8
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    Oh, how I love me some AT&T U-Verse. The only thing AT&T has done right in recent years.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Dream Big
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,666

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    I heard rumors that Comcast will start offering some NBA games in HD in November and will make all games in HD in December. Can anybody confirm this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why did you switch from DTV to comcast?
    I decided to try it out when I moved recently, I know bad mistake...

  13. #10
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    The problem is, what Comcast may offer in one market can be completely different than what is offered in another market. I'm still stunned my local branch gave me NBATV HD recently.

  14. #11
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they owe ME a $45 REFUND....which I should get in about 35 days.
    Don't wait for the refund. Turn THEM over to a collection agency. See how they like it! :-)
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  15. #12

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, how I love me some AT&T U-Verse. The only thing AT&T has done right in recent years.
    i currently have comcast. and i hate these m.f.ers. i intend to switch over to uverse in the next month.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:


  17. #13
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,205
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't wait for the refund. Turn THEM over to a collection agency. See how they like it! :-)

    Oh I should report. I APPEARS everything is cleared up. I even got the refund.

    But they still originally lied to me about my service so they can still rot in hell for that.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  18. #14
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,709

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, how I love me some AT&T U-Verse. The only thing AT&T has done right in recent years.
    They don't have NBA League pass or NBATV, and that is the only reason why I didn't change to U-Verse about a year ago

  19. #15
    Child Of Scorn MnvrChvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    412

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank goodness for this new Xfinity company.
    You know that Xfinity is Comcast, right?

  20. #16
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    I think he might have an inkling. You have much to learn young padawan. I offer you this small piece of advice. Stay away from the basement. No matter how much candy btown offers you.

  21. #17
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,427

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    And don't believe that free League Pass offers either. Ouch!

  22. #18
    Dream Big
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,666

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    Soooo, when does this new Xfinity "upgrade" start up in Indiana? I keep hearing all the hype about it but haven't seen any channel upgrades yet. Is there a set date?

  23. #19
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    I've seen several new HD channels over the past month. Channels in the 4-digit range.

  24. #20
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,169

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rot in Hell Comcast!!

    I hate having Comcast as well. I didn't like it 10 years ago, and I don't like it now.

    Tried to get U-Verse again (really liked it last time I had it), but they don't service our area. Or, more specifically, my place. Even though they give service to the people RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET that are in the SAME FREAKING NEIGHBORHOOD.

Similar Threads

  1. Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center
    By Lance George in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2258
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 01:21 PM
  2. Comcast, BTN agree to deal
    By Kegboy in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 11:00 AM
  3. ROT IN HELL, COMCAST & INSIGHT!
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 03:03 PM
  4. My Mock Draft
    By scar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 05:25 AM
  5. Comcast digital cable to begin carrying NBA TV
    By kerosene in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •