Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What If: The Indiana Pacers Acquire Darren Collison

Default Re: What If: The Indiana Pacers Acquire Darren Collison

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

As for NO, asking for two lottery picks (because that's what Rush is, and he still would be today) for an okay PG and a ridiculous contract is just insane.
    Ditto. I couldn't agree more, especially when there is no guarantee that Okafor can be a compliment to Hibbert's game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Someone did a search on that basketball website comparing Rush's defense with the best defenders in the NBA. Rush was
    right there with them in close to every category and even ahead in some. Rush is on his way to becoming an elite defender, you don't find that in the second round often. Also, if we had a coach who knew how to use him, he could easily be averaging 16 ppg with that defense.
    Not. He's had PLENTY of opportunity to score consistantly and it just hasn't happened. He was (once again) playing MUCH better at the end of the season. (and we were winning, hmmm)
    IF he played like that ALL season, he'd get 15 a night.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Ditto. I couldn't agree more, especially when there is no guarantee that Okafor can be a compliment to Hibbert's game.
    what do you want? A written contract? A guarantee??????????????
    Strong. A good rebounder that helps fix THAT weakness. A big body to keep other big bodies from beating on Roy.
    He's a perfect fit.
    Anybody that watched Rik Smits and Dale Davis can give you all the "guarantee" that you need.
    Last edited by MLB007; 06-20-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
    I'm pretty sure what Seth is trying to say is that Collison is vastly overrated on this board- Collison is not worth Rush and #10. Yes, Collison is good and will improve, but because people overrate him the way they do now, his value is already extremely high and is unlikely to get much higher. Either he gets traded for a similar value as now, or NO hits home with Collison and he stays on the team. Yes, Collison puts up numbers, but numbers are in itself not that important. Instead, we have to look at whether or not these numbers translate into wins and losses. We have to determine whether or not these numbers will actually help the Pacers (cough Troy)
    I went and read the Hornets fan boards when he first started coming up in trade discussions and it seemed to me that more than 1/2 of the posters were in favor of keeping Collison and trading PAUL!!! Not because he is better, but that he's very good AND trading Paul would net them another star of equal caliber at another position of need. While trading Collison only gets them another rookie contract player (thus the Okefor add in).
    I still found that AWFULLY interesting considering Paul's status as the best PG in the league.
    FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post

For Okafor's albatross contract, apparently not fitting in on two teams in 2 years, I don't want to hear from Bird like I did 3 years ago how Murphy was a double double guy at GS. Apparently, Bird didn't fathom Murphy's lack of "D" into the equation. I don't want another blunder with an albatross contract tied to it. If Okafor doesn't workout the Pacers are saddled with a albatross contract for years.

A written guarantee would be nice, but I'll just settle for not taking on Okafor's albatross contract. I don't want 20% of the Pacers payroll to be tied up in Okafor's albatross contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post

For Okafor's albatross contract, apparently not fitting in on two teams in 2 years, I don't want to hear from Bird like I did 3 years ago how Murphy was a double double guy at GS. Apparently, Bird didn't fathom Murphy's lack of "D" into the equation. I don't want another blunder with an albatross contract tied to it. If Okafor doesn't workout the Pacers are saddled with a albatross contract for years.

A written guarantee would be nice, but I'll just settle for not taking on Okafor's albatross contract. I don't want 20% of the Pacers payroll to be tied up in Okafor's albatross contract.
    We really need an albatross smilie....

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I think that's just posturing by NOLA. They know they aren't going to get that for Collison. They'd be lucky to get rid of one of their bad contracts with Collison, and they know it.

Tangent question: Would you rather: a) take on Okafor's contract in a Collison trade, or b) include Rush in the trade?
    Depends on what the full trade details would be.

Are you saying Collison+Okafor for #10+Murphy?

or

Are you saying Collison fosr #10+BRush?

If I were forced to choose either of them, I would go with Collison for #10+BRush. If I had the option to choose neither, I would choose neither.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I actually do think that Okafor and Hibbert would be a good front court together. I think they'd fit extremely well together.

I also think that if we had both Price and Collison, that most likely..our point situation would be solved between one of the two of them. Although neither are going to be All Stars, and I still believe they are about the same..but as I said earlier, I think both of them will end up at around "solid starter." Regardless, PG situation is solved there..and having two kids fighting for the spot is never a bad thing.

So I think getting those two, would be a very good thing.

My problem is giving NO too much. As I said, Collison's stock is at it's highest right now. Think about that. We give up Rush and #10, and our best expiring (Murphy) that's just too much.

So yea, I'd much rather have Okafor's contract (because it solves an issue) than give up Rush. (Just to have another hole.)

Two expirings (Ford and Foster or Dun) maybe a sweetner with McBob..fair enough. But don't get robbed.

On the other side, I'm still very interested in what it would take to get the #2, and personally I'd be completely willing to take on Brand's contract for that. (Although, I'd still like to keep Rush if at all possible.)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Depends on what the full trade details would be.

Are you saying Collison+Okafor for #10+Murphy?

or

Are you saying Collison fosr #10+BRush?

If I were forced to choose either of them, I would go with Collison for #10+BRush. If I had the option to choose neither, I would choose neither.
    Yeah, those are the deals I meant. I'm with you, I'd rather go for the Rush/#10 deal, although I'm not positive I would do either.

Any trade we make were we bring in young talent, I am all for. Just about any of the PG's we passed on last would be welcomed here. The only team I don't really want to make a deal with is the Bobcats. I don't really want Augustin, and I am not sold that Felton would be the answer here.

NO may go for Murphy and #10 for Collison and Okafor. Okafor averaged 10.4 ppg and 9 rpg and played 82 games. Murphy would give cap relief next year and allow NO to pursue FA's to complement Paul and perhaps influence him to resign a LTC. Who knows if Price recovers fully or ever becomes a quality PG. If so then we have a pleasant situation at PG. Play Okafor at PF.

bump
    Pacers!

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Ha. Murphy for Collison and Posey would get laughed out of this thread. (Understandably). Maybe by tomorrow the trade will have sunk in, I probably have a few more days to go though.

I can't find the right words to describe how cool it is that we

a) didn't have to take on Okafors contract

b) didn't have to include Rush

c) didn't have to include #10 (P.George)

d) didn't have to throw in a sweetener (McBob, Price, Stephenson)
    Thank you Jeff.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 31andonly For This Useful Post:

Mood

We'll NEVER be able to get Collison on this team. We might as well collectively shoot down that pipe dream.

........Oh wait, we just got Collison? And we got him AND a Veteran shooter and chemistry guy with rings for practically nothing?

Carry on.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now lets make a " What if: The Indiana Pacers aquire Al Horford thread."

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    Now lets make a " What if: The Indiana Pacers aquire Al Horford thread."
    It will start the clock on people hating Al Horford's contract.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Thanks for bumping this thread, CooperManning.

Scary thoughts from Seth and Sookie in this thread, and both are good judges of both talent and basketball strategy overall IMO. Maybe Collison is just like all of the other pgs Jimmy has ever had, but I really hope not. Somebody say it ain't so!

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post

Scary thoughts from Seth and Sookie in this thread, and both are good judges of both talent and basketball strategy overall IMO. Maybe Collison is just like all of the other pgs Jimmy has ever had, but I really hope not. Somebody say it ain't so!
    it ain't so.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post

i will say it aint so. with all due respect to sookie and seth. hornets fans watched this guy play every game last season as loyally as can be, and not many of them wanted to see DC go. they liked his game very much and even were ready to deal Paul instead of DC.

to me that speaks volumes. we have no idea how DC will perform in a blue&gold uniform, but for what we gave up im very pleased with the acquisition.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post: