Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marvin Harrison caught with Guns again

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Marvin Harrison caught with Guns again

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/06/17/m...traffic-incid/

Marvin Harrison Surrenders Gun to Police Following Traffic Incident

A 9mm handgun was confiscated from the SUV of former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison Wednesday, after he was stopped for driving the wrong way on a one-way street in North Philadelphia.

According to the Philadelphia Daily News, Harrison, who has not played in the NFL since the 2008 season, was stopped by police Wednesday afternoon in North Philadelphia, and produced a permit for a gun that is registered at his home in suburban Philadelphia.

Harrison, a Philadelphia native, did not tell police about the 9mm gun that was in the Cadillac Escalade, though, which he is required to do by law. The gun, according to the Daily News, is registered to another man, who lives in the city.

Harrison, who was not charged with a crime, was allowed to leave. However, according to the Daily News, police asked Harrison to come in for additional questioning, but he refused the request, which he is permitted to do under the law.

The Daily News reported that police confiscated the 9mm and may test it to determine if it can be connected to two previous shootings that could be linked to Harrison.

In April of 2008, a local man was shot in the hand after he and Harrison fought near Harrison's garage. The man maintained that Harrison shot him. Another Philadelphia man claimed that he had been struck by an errant shot he also said was fired by Harrison, who was never charged in either incident, though ballistics tests proved that several shots had been fired that day from a gun Harrison owned. Lynne Abraham, then the city's district attorney, declined to file charges against Harrison at the time, because there were numerous conflicting stories.

Three months later, the second man, Dwight Dixon, was shot two blocks from a Philadelphia bar that Harrison owns. Before his death two months later, Dixon told police he thought Harrison was involved. Earlier this year, Abraham's successor, Seth Williams, said he considered Harrison to be a "person of interest" in Dixon's murder.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Marvin Harrison caught with Guns again

Surprise?

Great player; glad he's off the team.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Good job cutting him Polian.

Marvin was great as a player but by many accounts seems to be a terrible human being.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Low-key criminal?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

There's a lot of dots to connect but they do seem to line up.

You'd hope Marvin wouldn't be dumb enough to be carrying a gun involved in any crime, much less a murder... and you'd hope even if Marvin was involved in any seedy dealings he'd have the good sense not to get his own hands dirty.

But you never know...
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I almost expect to see Marvin in jail at some point. . .
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Sigh...can't really defend him anymore.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Shocking.

Mike Florio was on WIBC talking about it yesterday.

http://www.1070thefan.com/news/story.aspx?ID=1242473

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No one said athletes are/were smart...

What is this guy's deal? It's like Little Man's syndrome...

Police widen case on Harrison

By Mark J. Miller
    Former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison(notes) had a 9mm handgun seized from his vehicle for ballistic tests on Wednesday to see if it was the gun from an April 2008 shooting that Harrison was purportedly involved in.

Now ProFootballTalk is reporting that Howard Eskin of 610 WIP sports radio in Philadelphia tells them that the police "actually plan to search more broadly for potential matches, comparing the gun to any and all shootings to which Harrison possibly could be connected."

Eskin tells the site that the police will "pursue aggressively" all possible connections between Harrison and unsolved shootings in the Philadelphia area.

"I'm told police thought they had him before," Eskin said. "Now police will take this one to the wall."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...urn=nfl,249458

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Looks like the walls could be closing in on ole Marv.

What a rapid downfall this guy has had. 3 years ago, he was coming off of 8 straight pro bowls and a Super Bowl victory. He was the consummate pro's pro. Now he's out of the league and has been for a year, was accused of shooting someone two years ago, and now has police investigating him yet again.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Maybe Marvin always sat on the bench completely by himself away from other players for a reason -- either he was not likeable, or players didn't want to be associated with him for any reason.

Unless they can put the gun in Marvin's hand, at the time of the shooting, then there's nothing "new" here.

Even if the gun comes back as the one involved, it's not registered to Marvin. The prosecution would not only have to prove Marvin had that gun in his possession at the time of the shooting, but he was the one shooting it. Seeing how long it's been since it happened, I HIGHLY doubt that's going to be the case.

FWIW....
    When the Colts drafted Marvin I watched an interview with him on local TV and he seemed like a personable, unassuming, polite young man. At his last Pro Bowl (after winning the SB) I saw an interview with him and I wondered if he was on drugs or if he had mental problems.

He seriously seemed 'not all there'.

------

-John Wooden

Banned

Harrison has changed over the last 6-7 years. I'm hoping it's not for the worse this much. He used to be one of my favorite pro athletes, and seeing him being investigated thoroughly for murder is just awful to see. I'm really hoping nothing comes out to say that Harrison was the shooter...but I have a feeling he was involved in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'm confused. I thought the gun in the 08 shooting was that strange Belgan gun they found in his car wash?

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Unless they can put the gun in Marvin's hand, at the time of the shooting, then there's nothing "new" here.

Even if the gun comes back as the one involved, it's not registered to Marvin. The prosecution would not only have to prove Marvin had that gun in his possession at the time of the shooting, but he was the one shooting it. Seeing how long it's been since it happened, I HIGHLY doubt that's going to be the case.
    What we don't know is how much other circumstantial evidence they have against Marvin. This might be the piece they need to tie it all together... the gun in Marvin's possession.

If so, then they'll have whatever new statements he makes compared to old statements that might further implicate him.

And all that might be enough for Marvin to start considering a deal instead of taking the fall all by himself.

But that makes one huge leap of assumption- That the gun in Marvin's possession had anything to do with any crime at all, much less the murder that the police consider him a person of interest in.

And if that gun does come back with a ballistics connection to some crime(s) then I can't imagine that not netting the police a search warrant and going thru Marvin's cars, homes, businesses, etc with a fine toothed comb with a wide berth of items they would be looking for. Of course he has time to be getting rid of that stuff right now... assuming he's not being watched...

But there's always the chance Marvin isn't guilty of anything serious....

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    I'm confused. I thought the gun in the 08 shooting was that strange Belgan gun they found in his car wash?
    The guy that was a victim of the 1st shooting was later murdered and the police don't know what gun killed him. I'm not sure on dates so I don't know which shooting was in April of 08...
    Last edited by Bball; 06-18-2010 at 01:03 PM.

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    What we don't know is how much other circumstantial evidence they have against Marvin. This might be the piece they need to tie it all together... the gun in Marvin's possession.
    Like I said. They would not only have to prove that he had that particular gun, that isn't even his, in his possession at the time of the shooting, but also put the gun in his hand. They haven't had one credible source of evidence to even put a gun in his hand. This isn't going to do that either.

They have to prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that he had that gun in his possession at the time of the murder. That's impossible for them to do with this evidence. All the defense would need is for the gun owner to say that he just recently let Marvin borrow it, and Marvin is off the hook.

If the gun comes back as the weapon used, the registered owner, is the one looking at legal problems. I would think.

Like I said. They would not only have to prove that he had that particular gun, that isn't even his, in his possession at the time of the shooting, but also put the gun in his hand. They haven't had one credible source of evidence to even put a gun in his hand. This isn't going to do that either.

They have to prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that he had that gun in his possession at the time of the murder. That's impossible for them to do with this evidence. All the defense would need is for the gun owner to say that he just recently let Marvin borrow it, and Marvin is off the hook.

If the gun comes back as the weapon used, the registered owner, is the one looking at legal problems. I would think.
    What you're missing in my point is if the gun does come back as 'connected' it opens a can of worms. All bets are off on who says what at that point or what other pieces are connected. You think the owner is going to claim he had possession of the gun when a crime was committed with it... especially if he did not have possession of it? And if he does will he take the big fall if he can offer up Marvin and cut a deal?

Of course credibility will play a factor but with whatever the police already do know and have in the files, plus whatever else comes out, if someone tells the truth it's likely that the pieces falling into place would help bridge any credibility gaps.

It's not a 'shadow of a doubt' standard... It's a 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standard. With all the coincidences with guns and Marvin that are piling up it's likely his benefit of the doubt card is close to being played out.

And if his interviews with police, let alone on the stand, come off like that last interview I saw with him... well... that's not going to help him.

Plus, as I said, we don't know what the police might have in their records just waiting for the right piece of evidence or someone to say something that connects the dots that just hasn't been released to the public.

Even if you can't put the gun in Marvin's hand at the time of the shooting there's still the chance you can show he had knowledge and was involved in the crime (whether he pulled the trigger or not). 'Conspiracy to commit' charges aren't necessarily a cakewalk charge for him if the police can get that kind of evidence.

All they need is someone to talk... Like the person who could go down for a gun owned by them that has been used in a crime that was in someone else's possession when found.

If Marvin and that gun are connected to a crime, it's not going to be a stretch seeing that connection made for a jury (with any kind of real investigation and prosecution). The connection will come out.

Marvin should be able to afford a quality atty but I've not seen much evidence that Marvin is the sharpest tool in the shed with some of the things we've learned over the last couple of years.

When this stuff first came out nobody could believe it... Now people are ready to believe the worst. That doesn't bode well for his 'benefit of the doubt card' chances...

But yeah... Ultimately Marvin will need connected to the crime (in some form)... But I just think the ability to do that is much easier than you are thinking ...IF there is a connection to the crime.

------

-John Wooden

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

There's no doubt in my personal mind that he had something to do with both shootings, but I just can't see much changing, even if it comes back as THE gun. (which would be incredibly stupid to keep around if that's the case.)

The fact that this has been dragging out for over a year (?) shows that the police really don't have much. The probability of solving a murder goes drastically down after 48 hours, and this is has been dragging out for a long LOOOOONG time, in comparison to 48hrs.

The silent but crazy type...

ďWE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKINGĒ- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the gun was involved in any crime or shooting, what kind of moron would still have it in their possession? I guess we'll find out.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There's no doubt in my personal mind that he had something to do with both shootings, but I just can't see much changing, even if it comes back as THE gun. (which would be incredibly stupid to keep around if that's the case.)

The fact that this has been dragging out for over a year (?) shows that the police really don't have much. The probability of solving a murder goes drastically down after 48 hours, and this is has been dragging out for a long LOOOOONG time, in comparison to 48hrs.
    If it is a gun that is linked to a crime, Marvin will have to at least explain why he has possession of it, especially since, I believe, it is registered to another person. Most people don't carry around handguns that belong to someone else.