Thread: how many people have NBA League Pass?

debohstheman

Default how many people have NBA League Pass?

Do you have League Pass?
    Just curious to see how many people have it.

Default Re: how many people have NBA League Pass?

I've heard around 500,000 - 600,000 have it. Not sure if that includes bars and restaurants, it probably does.

Sports Logo

Got league pass the first year I was aware it existed. I had Primestar at the time (I think they dont exist anymore) that was 1994 I have not gone without it since then.

To give my fellow Fort Wayners a time perspective. That was the year Lloyd Daniels got called up to the Lakers.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I got it and it's awesome.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I got it for the first time this season, and refuse to go another NBA season without it.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Got league pass the first year I was aware it existed. I had Primestar at the time (I think they dont exist anymore) that was 1994 I have not gone without it since then.

To give my fellow Fort Wayners a time perspective. That was the year Lloyd Daniels got called up to the Lakers.
    Just mentioning Primestar dated you! Then you mentioned Lloyd Daniels! Didn't he play with Ray Tolbert on the Fury?
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've had it since it was first offered by Direct TV.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

I've never had it, but plan to ASAP.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've heard around 500,000 - 600,000 have it. Not sure if that includes bars and restaurants, it probably does.
    I can tell you that Kagan and Associates estimates the nationwide number is about 3x to 4x what you said. That's total subscribers - so it would inlcude bars and restuarants.

Before the League Pass was on cable, it was estimated that 1 in 7 satellite dish customers subscribed to the League Pass.

I've said this before but I was a fairly early adopter of DirecTV just to get the League Pass; I've had it since Christmas Day of 1996.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Yes, have had it for the last 3 seasons... can't live without it... also got NBA TV included in my digital cable package this year...which is good because they had at least 2 Pacer playoff games on NBA TV last season... which i was unable to watch.

Sports Logo

Just mentioning Primestar dated you! Then you mentioned Lloyd Daniels! Didn't he play with Ray Tolbert on the Fury?
    Hehe I figured you would get that reference. I am not sure if Ray was there at the same time as Lloyd or not. They were a pretty good team. I am sure they would have won the CBA title that year except 4 of the starters got called up to the NBA.

You know I just realized this is the 10th year for me with league pass I knew I had it for a while but jeez.

If any of you are on the fence just think about this. I dont know of anyone who has ever gotten league pass who has not continued to get it from then on. Once you have it you cant live without it.

I have had Directv and League Pass since 1998 and love it. Basketball is NOT a major sport in Alabama.

I would rather be the hammer than the nail

How the hell do you guys have time to watch all those games?

My cable bill is already $45 a month, plus I have TiVo which adds another $15, DSL connection is $30 and realone superpas etc. is another $15, bringing the grand total to over $100 a month. Between WB4, Fox Sports, ESPN/ESPN2 I think I get every Pacers game this year except two or three (and with RealOne I can hear the radio feeds of those, plus watch the highlights from Pacers.com).

I'm a fan, a BIG fan, but I just don't have the time/$$$ for something like NBA League Pass just yet.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My cable bill is already $45 a month, plus I have TiVo which adds another $15, DSL connection is $30 and realone superpas etc. is another $15, bringing the grand total to over $100 a month. Between WB4, Fox Sports, ESPN/ESPN2 I think I get every Pacers game this year except two or three (and with RealOne I can hear the radio feeds of those, plus watch the highlights from Pacers.com).

I'm a fan, a BIG fan, but I just don't have the time/$$$ for something like NBA League Pass just yet.
    Dude, it winds up to less than 2 cents per game I think....you can afford to miss some here and there.......

Ive probably seen more Pacers games than you have :P

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

NamShub

I have it, for the first time.

It's really not that bad price wise....if you have any sort of job, you can probably afford it. I'm a grad student, getting a stipend for being a TA, with a gross yearly income under $20k, and I can find the extra $40/month for four months. Granted, no wife (gf isn't as expensive as she would be as a wife), no kids, no student loans, etc. but still.

And time-wise, it can certainly be a pinch and I don't get to see them all. But I estimate I'm on pace to catch at least 60 Pacers games this year. So not counting non-Pacers games, I'm paying about $2/game. It's a good thing.

I got it last month when I moved from Indy to Georgia so I wouldn't miss any Pacers games. Now I'm hooked and will have it every season even if I ever move back to Indy. It seems like there's always a game on that I'm interested in. Well worth the money.

NBA League Pass is one of those things that once you have, you will never go without it again.

But if you have never had it, you just don't realize how good it is, unless you hate the NBA.

jfisher

I can't imagine not having it.....in all the years I've had it though, I think last year I was my most dissapointed with it. Maybe it was because we were losing, but it seemed Direct tv finally made enough money then to hire way too many over-eager board op's with their finger hovering over the button ready to pour in that constant stream of AOL and PPV commericals at EVERY break no matter how short!! Even a 20 second time out got 2 to 3 minutes of this crap, until they'd suddenly dump out and join the game already in progress......that used to make me CRAZY!! I *****ed so much, my wife was telling me I should cancel it.....thank God I didn't because this year seems much better.....I just really miss when it first started and they'd simply flip the switch and give you the raw game feed with no interuptions whatsoever! SOmetimes you'd get a feed from the studio so I'd get to see the Watson's girl (what ever happened to her? are they not a sponsor anymore?) or othertimes in other markets you'd get some straight feed where the announcer would say, "we'll be back after this break," -and then he'd proceed to yell at someone about his headphones all pissed off, and then suddenly switch back to the happy-announcer voice when he was told he was back on the air. Hee hee....it was always fun. I miss those days when they'd allow the local color to come through more, but it's still definitely worth it....

Sports Logo

I just really miss when it first started and they'd simply flip the switch and give you the raw game feed with no interuptions whatsoever! SOmetimes you'd get a feed from the studio so I'd get to see the Watson's girl (what ever happened to her? are they not a sponsor anymore?) or othertimes in other markets you'd get some straight feed where the announcer would say, "we'll be back after this break," -and then he'd proceed to yell at someone about his headphones all pissed off, and then suddenly switch back to the happy-announcer voice when he was told he was back on the air. Hee hee....it was always fun. I miss those days when they'd allow the local color to come through more, but it's still definitely worth it....
    I too miss those days I loved it when they would just turn it on and forget about it untill the next morning. You would get to see the post game interviews if you stayed arround and waited on the players to shower and change.

The off camera stuff you would hear durring the breaks was great. It was always funny to hear them talk about somethign they wanted to find a way to get into the broadcast then hear them act like they just thought of it durring the game later on.

Its like 150 a year if you are paying 15 a month for real one super pass you are paying 180 a year to listen rather than watch them. I live outside of the local broadcast area so for me there is no choice if I want to see any Pacer games I must have league pass.

But its not just those I watch the Pistons, Kings, some Blazers and Raptors depending on who they are playing. There are so many times the networks are showing Lakers/Wizards when Pistons/Nets or Kings/Pistons or some other far superior combo than Lakers/Looser team.

If I got every Pacer game for free I would still have league pass so I could decide who to see rather than let TNT decide in August who I should watch in February. That way if for example the Bucks suprise everyone and are playing great you can watch Bucks/Sonics over the Knicks/Heat if you want.

This is my third year. The only thing I dislike about LP is when NBA-TV shows the game I don't get to see it. Comcast doesn't have NBA-TV down here in Florida.

Sports Logo

This is my third year. The only thing I dislike about LP is when NBA-TV shows the game I don't get to see it. Comcast doesn't have NBA-TV down here in Florida.
    Yeah neither did Time Warner last year and that pissed me off. Now I have direct TV it was worth it to get that one extra channel.

Yeah neither did Time Warner last year and that pissed me off. Now I have direct TV it was worth it to get that one extra channel.
    Yeah, I have Brighthouse, the successor to Time-Warner in Indy, and losing NBA-TV in the middle of last season was a big negative.

But because my internet connection is on cable I decided to keep cable this year. Now I have NBA-TV again, along with League Pass, but they are getting another five bucks a month out of me because NBA-TV is marketed in a group of 10 "sports" channels. Tennis channel, Speed, etc.

Obviously, I like League Pass or I wouldn't put up with the cable companies squeezing every last dollar out of us.

For those on a beer budget who don't want to pop for League Pass, get NBA-TV when it becomes available. If you're a pro bball fan, it's well worth the money. The real time game summaries and up-to-date highlights are very good.