Thread: Webber implies that Brad Miller plays soft, like a suburban kid

Default Webber implies that Brad Miller plays soft, like a suburban kid

This forum has been boring lately, so I thought maybe our old friend Brad Miller might liven things up.

Brad Miller a soft player

This from ESPN Insider. By Chad Ford.

Sacramento Kings

Cash remaining: $1.6 million exception
    Players signed: Kevin Martin, Greg Ostertag

Players lost: Vlade Divac (Lakers)

Skinny: We're still scratching our heads at the Kings' decision to let Vlade Divac go only to replace him with Greg Ostertag. The Kings cited money concerns at the time, but Insider has learned that the Kings actually guaranteed more money to Ostertag than the Lakers did to Divac. Divac's deal is for two years, $10.3 million, but only $2 million of his contract is guaranteed for his second season, bringing his guaranteed money down to $6.9 million over two years. Ostertag's deal is for two years, $8.8 million.

Maybe it had something to do with Chris Webber's diatribe in the Sacramento Bee where he seemingly called out Divac a number of times for being soft, not lifting weights and not having a serious attitude in the locker room. Webber claims that it wasn't Peja Stojakovic he's was railing on in his post-playoff rant but other players who play like their from the "suburbs."

"It's time to stop playing soft and (like) suburban kids. That's what we play like. We play like we're from the suburbs and the best basketball is played in the city. Everybody knows that."

Webber's list of tough guys? Stojakovic, Bobby Jackson, Doug Christie, Mike Bibby and Darius Songaila. That leaves just one player, Brad Miller, left on the team in CWebb's doghouse. It isn't likely that the Kings will trade Miller, given that he and Ostertag are the only big guys left on their roster. However, Stojakovic and Christie have been offered around the league.

If a trade doesn't work, it appears that the team has some serious interest in bringing Nuggets free agent Rodney White into the fold.

[edit=24=1091460924][/edit]

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Webber implies that Brad Miller plays soft, like a suburban kid

Pot meet Kettle....Kettle meet Pot....

That's laughable at best. And this is coming from a Webber and University of Michigan fan...

Webber calling someone soft - actually Webber saying anything can be pretty much tossed out the window.

Interesting how much better Sacto was without him last year.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Miller is tougher than Webber.

We watch the games. Webber is soft, and Brad isn't. So his notion is laughable.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Frankly, I think there are very few, if any, "soft" veteran NBA players. You don't stick in the most competitive league in the world by being a soft player.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miller is tougher than Webber.
    B.Miller (left) Webber (right)
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty
    Frankly, I think there are very few, if any, "soft" veteran NBA players. You don't stick in the most competitive league in the world by being a soft player.
    That's a good point. So with that said, I'll say Webber's on the low end of the "tough" scale, while Brad's at least in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSaSsXx31
    Why is everyone so quick to jump to Brad Miller's defense, and because Webber says something it makes it untrue? .
    Because everything Chris Webber says is untrue.

Mr "I didn't take money from that alum" whose team was better without him should shut up, play, and not disappear at crunch time like he has in just about every big game of his career.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

As a Wolverine fan, I can't stand a player who doesn't even know how NOT to call time-out. Get yer head in the game!!!

Unfortunately, I've never been a fan of the "fab 5" and rejoiced when Jalen was traded.

(BTW, isn't that comment about the best ball in the cities just about as over the line as Bird's comments???)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

But I am pleased to see that Stojakovich is being offered, please Donnie....please.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    ...rejoiced when Jalen was traded...
    You and me both, brother! vetta:vetta:

For the record, Chris Webber grew up in the richest suburb in michigan, played at the most expensive private highschool, went to the most expensive college.......

If it weren't for VOshon Lenard and Jalen ROse dragging his silver-spoon *** to the city every now and then, I don't think he'd even know where to find it.....

pot, meet kettle.
    [edit=64=1091470950][/edit]

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Since no one's mentioned it yet, Kendallville isn't exactly the Suburbs.

That said, as everyone has said, Webber's a candy-*** and everybody knows it. Maybe he's mad that Miller's the only guy on the team who hasn't been in a trade rumor. Or he's still smarting from the fans booing him last year.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I said at the time of the trade that those three guys (Divac, Webber, Brad) all deserved each other.

Who's the softest? Hard to tell.

But Brad Miller is only "tough" when we're grading on the Rik Smits scale.

There's more to "tough play" than just fouling hard against Shaq. If any of those three played with Jeff Foster's toughness and aggression, they'd be first-team all-NBA.

ed:
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

lol@webber talking about being soft. Next time he sprains his pinky, he's done for the season. That's funny. Webber should stop critisizing his teammates and realize he can't shoot threes and he was the one who cost them game 7, not his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section222
    I said at the time of the trade that those three guys (Divac, Webber, Brad) all deserved each other.

There's more to "tough play" than just fouling hard against Shaq. If any of those three played with Jeff Foster's toughness and aggression, they'd be first-team all-NBA.

ed:

Thank you, I agree completely.

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by JOneal7
    lol@webber talking about being soft. Next time he sprains his pinky, he's done for the season. That's funny. Webber should stop critisizing his teammates and realize he can't shoot threes and he was the one who cost them game 7, not his teammates.
    Actually, I don't doubt CWebb from an injury standpoint. His injuries have all been knee-related. If you have ever had an injury as severe as CWebb's then you would seriously know what that type of pain felt like and that he could NOT be out on the court playing basketball.

I doubt CWebb's heart and clutch play and maybe even his basketball IQ, but not his injury status throughout the years.
    [edit=60=1091473644][/edit]

Mood

maybe instead of trading away their team to make webber happy they should trade webber away?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section222

ed:
    I agree Brad Miller is a tough player. He's dirty and doesn't mind to get on the floor.

About Divac...He's known for "flopping"! Flopping is what made him one of the few to guard Shaq. If that's possible. His style of play fit him. Loose and a baby.

Webber is tough. I saw him scrounging for loose balls in the playoffs. Getting hit and bumped pretty hard. Even KG said that he was glad C-Webb isn't a 100%. Would you not be a little causious if you keep getting injured? He was still playin hard, and not caring if he got hurt again.
    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    As a Wolverine fan, I can't stand a player who doesn't even know how NOT to call time-out. Get yer head in the game!!!

Unfortunately, I've never been a fan of the "fab 5" and rejoiced when Jalen was traded.

(BTW, isn't that comment about the best ball in the cities just about as over the line as Bird's comments???)
    To defend C-Webb a lil here...

The clock running down in the NCAA playoffs...EVERYONE SCREAMING.

Webber is by his bench and has lost his dribble. A couple of his teammates are yelling "TIMEOUT...TIME OUT!"

True Chris should have known this stuff. But untill you are under this pressure and in this situation, you don't know what you'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by JOneal7

If you are gonna talk about someone not playing because of thier finger...please talk about
    Kobe.

And for you tell me that Chris Webber is the ONLY reason they lost game 7..then you are a proven idiot. As everyone on this board knows, basketball is a TEAM sport. Everyone made mistakes that night.

I would like to see you shoot that three with KG on you with the final seconds running out on a Game 7. I would love to see you take that shot. For a PF who doesn't shoot that many three's to come that close. RIMMING IN n OUT! Shut up..please.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    Webber calling someone soft - actually Webber saying anything can be pretty much tossed out the window.

Interesting how much better Sacto was without him last year.
    What would have happened in the movie HOOSIERS if that Jimmy kid came in the middle of the season and just messed everything up?

Same exact thing as Webber.

What if JO had gotten injured like C-Webb and Austin Croshere busted out an unbeleiveable season.

Would you want JO to come back?
    AKA Sactolover05