Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2nd (Quite Possibly) Annual "Bite Me BillS, I'm Not Going to Call it the PD Mock Draft, no matter what you say" Mock Draft Thread

Default The 2nd (Quite Possibly) Annual "Bite Me BillS, I'm Not Going to Call it the PD Mock Draft, no matter what you say" Mock Draft Thread

Here's the draft order with the PD GM listed after the team. Picks will be listed in this post after they're made.

1 - Washington - Avoidingtheclowns - John Wall, PG, Kentucky
    2 - Philadelphia - LoneGranger33 - Evan Turner, SG, The Ohio State University
    3 - New Jersey - Travmil - Derrick Favors, PF, Georgia Tech
    4 - Minnesota - BRushWithDeath - DeMarcus Cousins, C, Kentucky
    5 - Sacramento - Rupert Stilinski - Wesley Johnson, SF, Syracuse
    6 - Golden State - Pig Nash - Greg Monroe, C, Georgetown
    7 - Detroit - 90'sNBARocked - Ed Davis, PF, North Carolina
    8 - LA Clippers - Tbird - Paul George, SG/SF, Fresno State
    9 - Utah - Speed - Al-Farouq Aminu, SF, Wake Forest
    10 - Indiana - Count55 - Ekpe Udoh, PF/C, Baylor
    11 - New Orleans - Pacers74 - Xavier Henry, SG, Kansas
    12 - Memphis - Mellifluous - Luke Babbitt, SF, Nevada
    13 - Toronto - GrangeRusHibbert - Hassan Whiteside, PF/C, Marshall
    14 - Houston - Mr. Sobchak - Cole Aldrich, C, Kansas
    15 - Milwaukee - Trophy - Avery Bradley, G, Texas
    16 - Minnesota - BRushWithDeath - Gordon Hayward, SF, Butler
    17 - Chicago - Trader Joe - James Anderson, SG, Oklahoma State
    18 - Miami - HanSolo - Eric Bledsoe, G, Kentucky
    19 - Boston - MyFavoriteMartin - Patrick Patterson, PF, Kentucky
    20 - San Antonio - Cramerica - Damion James, F, Texas
    21 - Oklahoma City - PacerGod2 - Soloman Alabi, C, Florida State
    22 - Portland - CooperManning - Daniel Orton, C, Kentucky
    23 - Minnesota - BRushWithDeath - Quincy Pondexter, SF, Washington
    24 - Atlanta - Flox - Stanley Robinson, F, Connecticut
    25 - Memphis - Mellifluous - Larry Sanders, PF/C, VCU
    26 - Oklahoma City - PacerGod2 - Kevin Seraphin, PF, France
    27 - New Jersey - Travmil - Elliot Williams, G, Memphis
    28 - Memphis - Mellifluous - Alexey Shved, PG, Russia
    29 - Orlando - CableKC
    30 - Washington - Avoidingtheclowns

2nd Round

31 - New Jersey - Travmil
    32 - Oklahoma City - PacerGod2
    33 - Sacramento - Rupert Stilinski
    34 - Golden State - Pig Nash
    35 - Washington - Avoidingtheclowns
    36 - Detroit - 90'sNBARocked
    37 - Milwaukee - Trophy
    38 - New York - PacerGuy
    39 - New York - PacerGuy
    40 - Indiana - Count55
    41 - Miami - HanSolo
    42 - Miami - HanSolo
    43 - LA Lakers - bhaas0532
    44 - Portland - CooperManning
    45 - Minnesota - BRushWithDeath
    46 - Phoenix - Isaac
    47 - Milwaukee - Trophy
    48 - Miami - HanSolo
    49 - San Antonio - Cramerica
    50 - Dallas - cdash
    51 - Oklahoma City - PacerGod2
    52 - Boston - MyFavoriteMartin
    53 - Atlanta - Flox
    54 - LA Clippers - Tbird
    55 - Utah - Speed
    56 - Minnesota - BRushWithDeath
    57 - Indiana - Count55
    58 - LA Lakers - bhaas0532
    59 - Orlando - CableKC
    60 - Phoenix - Isaac

Instructions: It's pretty simple. You're the GM, your team exists as it is currently constructed. You can take any future considerations (ie, free agent departures into account). You can't trade the pick but you can certainly say, in your explanation, that you'd try your hardest because you don't like anyone left. Post your pick and a brief explanation of why you made the pick. If you're going to be gone and your pick is coming up, feel free to PM me with a contingency list.

Yippee!
    Last edited by OakMoses; 06-21-2010 at 12:09 AM.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Default Re: The 2nd (Quite Possibly) Annual "Bite Me BillS, I'm Not Going to Call it the PD Mock Draft, no matter what you say" Mock Draft Thread

Woohoo, just to make sure it's what "we" would do, not what we think the teams management would do? Correct?
    Last edited by Speed; 06-10-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Default Re: The 2nd (Quite Possibly) Annual "Bite Me BillS, I'm Not Going to Call it the PD Mock Draft, no matter what you say" Mock Draft Thread

Bri-an Zou - bek

(Clap-Clap-clapclapclap)

Bri-an Zou-bek

(Clap-Clap-clapclapclap)

Well, ****, now somebody's going to try to trade up to the top 9 to get him.

(And anybody considering taking Greg Monroe before the Pacers pick should simply look at the Miss Manners thread to see how I handle people who displease me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Woohoo, just to make sure it's what "we" would do, not what we think the teams management would do? Correct?
    Correct.

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Bri-an Zou - bek

(Clap-Clap-clapclapclap)

Bri-an Zou-bek

(Clap-Clap-clapclapclap)

Well, ****, now somebody's going to try to trade up to the top 9 to get him.

(And anybody considering taking Greg Monroe before the Pacers pick should simply look at the Miss Manners thread to see how I handle people who displease me.)
    I'll trade you the #9/Greg Monroe for Granger and #10?

I'll trade you the #9/Greg Monroe for Granger and #10?
    You'd need to match salaries. Could you send back Memo?

That way, I could have Monroe watch for a couple of seasons, then he'd be ready to get some backup minutes after Memo's contract expires in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    You'd need to match salaries. Could you send back Memo?

That way, I could have Monroe watch for a couple of seasons, then he'd be ready to get some backup minutes after Memo's contract expires in 2012.
    Only if I can have your best player too.....Troy Murphy. We may need a third team here, this is becoming blockbusterish.

Only if I can have your best player too.....Troy Murphy. We may need a third team here, this is becoming blockbusterish.
    No D-Will ... No T-Murda

streets ahead

Interesting season in DC. We were somehow able to get out of one cap-killing deal with fellow and his curiously misspelled first name and move several other pieces around. On top of some cap-space we’ve lucked our way into the #1 pick. So where does that leave us.

Gilbert Arenas / Randy Foye
    Nick Young / Quinton Ross
    Josh Howard / Al Thornton
    Andray Blatche /
    Javale McGee /

blue - team option / green - player option / red - qualifying offer

I can’t see us moving Gilbert’s contract in the near future (unless Donnie Walsh PacerGuy panics after striking out on big name FA’s this summer). We’d rather wait for Gil’s deal to reach a more buyout-able level than take on something like Toronto’s nightmare Calderglu contracts. Though we could be talked into absorbing Elton Brand’s deal if it includes the #2. It does seem likely, however, Gil won’t be moved for at least the near future.

We’ve spent weeks playing coy. We’ve worked out a number of folks for the top spot this year, pretending to be open minded about the process. But, if we’re honest, this one is pretty straightforward and we were thrilled to see that our number one target was still on the board.

With the number one pick, the Washington Wizards select ................ Kwame Brown John Wall.

Why? He's John ****ing Wall.

Beyond that? He's got great size for PG which would allow him to defend both backcourt positions, he's younger than Turner and has a greater upside. He is equally capable of creating his own shot and spots for others around him to thrive. He didn't exactly kill it from behind the arc but if he's going to be sharing the backcourt with Gil, that shouldn't be a problem, at least immediately. So a true PG that can create, defend and score? Sign us up.

We shall now wait for our next pick. Currently, plan A is to hope that Evan Turner falls to #30.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 06-10-2010 at 11:35 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Interesting season in DC. We were somehow able to get out of one cap-killing deal with fellow and his curiously misspelled first name and move several other pieces around. On top of some cap-space we’ve lucked our way into the #1 pick. So where does that leave us.

Gilbert Arenas / Randy Foye
    Nick Young / Quinton Ross
    Josh Howard / Al Thornton
    Andray Blatche /
    Javale McGee /

blue - team option / green - player option / red - qualifying offer

I can’t see us moving Gilbert’s contract in the near future (unless Donnie Walsh PacerGuy panics after striking out on big name FA’s this summer). We’d rather wait for Gil’s deal to reach a more buyout-able level than take on something like Toronto’s nightmare Calderglu contracts. Though we could be talked into absorbing Elton Brand’s deal if it includes the #2. It does seem likely, however, Gil won’t be moved for at least the near future.

We’ve spent weeks playing coy. We’ve worked out a number of folks for the top spot this year, pretending to be open minded about the process. But, if we’re honest, this one is pretty straightforward and we were thrilled to see that our number one target was still on the board.

With the number one pick, the Washington Wizards select ................ Kwame Brown John Wall.

Why? He's John ****ing Wall.

Beyond that? He's got great size for PG which would allow him to defend both backcourt positions, he's younger than Turner and has a greater upside. He is equally capable of creating his own shot and spots for others around him to thrive. He didn't exactly kill it from behind the arc but if he's going to be sharing the backcourt with Gil, that shouldn't be a problem, at least immediately. So a true PG that can create, defend and score? Sign us up.

We shall now wait for our next pick. Currently, plan A is to hope that Evan Turner falls to #30.
    yo wtheck john wall? what a baaaad pick! what were you thinking!?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Time for Plan B I guess...

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

John who? I haven't heard him mentioned, must be flying under the radar.

I might be preempting things here a bit, but I'm guessing I can cross Paul George off my list of possible picks for the Grizzlies at #12. I've heard the new Clippers GM really likes him.

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    I might be preempting things here a bit, but I'm guessing I can cross Paul George off my list of possible picks for the Grizzlies at #12. I've heard the new Clippers GM really likes him.
    Yeah, but my understanding is that it's just a "friends with benefits" kinda thing...no real commitment.

With the number two pick, the Philadelphia 76ers select Evan Turner out of The Ohio State University.

Coming into this season in much the same way we did last - brand new coach, unsure what our players are really capable of - it is difficult to judge exactly what this team needs. At the 2nd pick in the draft, however, we really do have to go with the best player available, and I believe that player is Evan Turner.

I feel comfortable moving forward with a young core of Louis Williams, Thaddeus Young, Andre Iguodala, Jrue Holiday, Marreese Speights and now Evan Turner. I expect Coach Collins to eventually move Lou Williams back to the bench - we do not view him as a starter but definitely value his scoring and energy as the first guard off the bench. The future plan is to field a starting line-up of Holiday-Turner-Iguodala-Young-Dalembert, and have key reserves in Lou Williams and Marreese Speights (the latter of whom didn't blossom as hoped under Coach Jordan's system last season - obviously we expect a bounce back after your stereotypical sophmore slump).

Of course, it is the goal of the organization to rid itself of Elton Brand's unbearably large contract this off-season, and we hope (perhaps irrationally) to do so without losing too much in terms of young talent. That said, we are definitely more inclined to move one our current players than the pick, because we truly believe Turner will be a special player at the next level. We hope he'll fill the star player void that Allen Iverson's departure created, hopefully minus the tattoos and gun play.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 06-10-2010 at 02:18 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Waiting for Stern to approach the podium to say "there's been a trade...."

I hope this draft moves a little faster...
    at this rate we'll finish on draft day o.O

Dutch Pacers Fan

Yeah come on guys, even though some of us don't get to pick, at least I just love to know what everybody thinks and see if they can create a funny or realistic story
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

New York would like the #9 back from Utah, as we are claiming "permanent insanity" defense on behalf of Zeke. (I think we have a strong case!)
    Is that OK w/ you Speed?
    The paperwork is filed (along w/ LeBron's FA contract w/ NY), both ready to be signed off on by Stern & are sitting on his desk in his NY office as we speak. I figure, out of respect of the other PD posters, there is no use holding up this mock waiting on Lil' Napoleon to sign.... Deal?
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Sports Logo

Waiting for Stern to approach the podium to say "there's been a trade...."
    If we're allowed to do that I have to send a PM to count55. As the GM for the Magic, the Starting Center for the Magic can't hit a 3pt shot and I want to make sure that we have a 3pt threat at all the positions. We may need to swap the Starting Center for the Magic for a certain 3pt Shooting Big Man that use to play for Notre Dame .
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With the number 3 pick, the Brooklyn...err...New Jersey Nets select Derrick Favors, Georgia Tech.

The Nets feel that Derrick will go perfectly alongside LeBron as soon as Jay-Z convinces him to come here. Since our strategy of blatant tanking only resulted in the third pick, we'd also like to take this opportunity to say eff you David Stern and the horse you rode to your effed up lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    New York would like the #9 back from Utah, as we are claiming "permanent insanity" defense on behalf of Zeke. (I think we have a strong case!)
    Is that OK w/ you Speed?
    The paperwork is filed (along w/ LeBron's FA contract w/ NY), both ready to be signed off on by Stern & are sitting on his desk in his NY office as we speak. I figure, out of respect of the other PD posters, there is no use holding up this mock waiting on Lil' Napoleon to sign.... Deal?
    We here in Utah love you big city folks, but I'll have to politely decline. We do however fully endorse Zeke for any GM position for any of the other 29 teams.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

We here in Utah love you big city folks, but I'll have to politely decline. We do however fully endorse Zeke for any GM position for any of the other 29 teams.
    Greedy A$$ Morman's.

1st you need more then 1 wife, now this.

We City folk hope a random fungus rotts your entire spud harvest!
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post

I see you are falling for my intricate and well conceived smokescreen.....

Tbird

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

The Minnesota Timberwolves are terrible. This draft is imperative for us if we want the chance to be a playoff competitive team in the next 3 years. Our cupboard is decidedly bare. We do have some young talent but we are nowhere close to getting out of the lottery in the immediate future. With 3 picks in the first round and 2 more in the second we've got a chance to make not just a step in the right direction, but a hop, skip, and a jump towards a productive future. Before making a hasty selection it is important to examine just what we do have to work with before draft night.

PG:

Our two lottery picks a season ago netted us Jonny Flynn, a quick and athletic point guard, and the rights to Spanish point guard sensation Ricky Rubio. Flynn was an effective rookie point. A rookie who can come in and play 29 minutes a game for 81 games while averaging 14 pts and 4 ast as to be considered a success. It remains to be seen whether or not we can ever convince Rubio to don the navy and green but what is certain is that it will not be this season. In addition to the rookie from Syracuse, Ramon Sessions can provide welcome minutes off the bench. PG is likely our strongest position but it is far from being locked up.

Wings:

Corey Brewer is our most effective wing. His offense is improving and his defense is well above average. While he is a decent player, and could perhaps even be 5th starter on a good team, that is scary. Ryan Gomes can be a decent scorer off the bench but he's got an unguaranteed contract, and thus is far from assured of being around for training camp. Wayne Ellington was our late 1st rounder out of North Carolina a year ago. He showed flashes of being a decent shooter but is far from reliable. Those three are all we have. Obviously this is a position that will need to be addressed, and likely more than once in the 2010 draft.

Bigs:

Al Jefferson is our best player. At 24 years old he's already got some of the best post moves of any player in the league. He also rebounds at a high level. Unfortunately, his defense isn't close to equal his offense at this point in his career. Kevin Love could be our best prospect. In his second season out of UCLA, the 21 year old averaged a double double with 14 pts and 11 reb. The problem is that he isn't an impact player on the defensive end either and Jefferson and Love have struggled to coexist on the floor together. Ryan Hollins is the best big on the bench. He's extremely long and athletic defender though something of an offensive liability. Nathan Jawai is a restricted free agent and it remains to be seen if he'll be back, but frankly, it doesn't matter.

Overview:

This roster sucks. They need lots of help in lots of places. If I'm David Kahn, I'm on the phone with Philadelphia all day, every day offering the 4, 16, and 56 for 2 and the chance to take Evan Turner. But I'm not. So, with the 4th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, the Minnesota Timberwolves select...

DeMarcus Cousins, C from the University of Kentucky

Most mock drafts have had us taking Wesley Johnson, SF from Syracuse. This makes sense to some degree since we have an obvious need at the wing and the fact that Jefferson and Love are already in Minnesota. However, Cousins is too good a talent to pass up. If it weren't for some potential character concerns there is a very real possibility that he'd be the first overall pick. We have to come out of this draft with both wings and bigs and I feel it will be easier to add a quality wing at 16 or 23 (possibly 16 and 23) than it will to add a quality big. I would rather have Cousins and Paul George, Gordon Hayward, Xavier Henry, or Luke Babbit than Wesley Johnson and Hassan Whiteside or Daniel Orton. If Cousins keeps in shape and avoids overindulging at the buffet line he'll make a GM drafting in the top 3 regret their choice. And for a team with a roster as poor as ours the best player available must be the choice. That player is Cousins.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post: