Thread: What I think the Lakers/Nets should do.

Default What I think the Lakers/Nets should do.

Nets trade:

Jason Kidd

Lakers trade:

Gary Payton
    Rick Fox
    Devean George

Why Nets? Payton is a replacement at PG. Payton and Fox's contracts both expire at the end of the year, totaling about $10mm. George has a player option for a 2nd year, but that's still another contract they can choose to dump in 2 years if they wish. But basically it's that they get a quality PG in return, get $10mm off the books next summer, and can do what they wish with George, a young play who may work out for them, but if not dump him or trade him after another year.

Why Lakers? They trade an old PG for a better old PG. It's already been said that the idea with this new Lakers team is to run more and use their atheletes. Kidd would be perfect for them in that regard. They also clear out their glut of SFs, and now their lineup looks like this:

Kidd
    Bryant
    Odom
    Grant
    Divac

That will be a deadly team in transition, and is once again stacked, just without the Diesel.

I think both teams should and would do this deal.
    [edit=12=1091396890][/edit]

Default Re: What I think the Lakers/Nets should do.

Mark Stein says the Lakers don't want Kidd because they'd be buried under two max contracts into the next decade.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

With that in mind, who would want Kidd?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Has Kidd's value fallen that far and that quickly.

12 monhts ago he was a top 5 player and now we are suggesting trades of three scrubs.

I don't care how much $$ Kidd makes he is still one of the most valuable players in the whole NBA. I do have questions about his knee injury,

I think anyone and everyone in the NBA should be happy as hell that he is playing in the league & should be content with spending the duration of their contract with the team they signed with. Contracts should not be broken, although there are exceptions to everything.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think L.A. would do that.Trading Kidd to the west would be smart for the Nets.So they would'nt have to play him.Hicks thats a great Spaceballs pic in your sig.That movie is a classic.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do have questions about his knee injury,
    Well that's the issue.

Clearly a healthy Ason Kidd is the top PG in the game and a top-5 player. But will he ever be healthy again?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!