Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistons Have to Play some real teams now

Southside_Pacer

Default Re: Pistons Have to Play some real teams now

But when you're beating teams who are in the lower half of the NBA by far on your own home court, what's all that impressive about it? You're beating teams that you SHOULD be beating. If the Pistons go 3-0 against San Antonio, Indiana, and Minnesota, then yes, that's impressive. However I don't see that happening. I think the Pistons will go 1-2 with a win over San Antonio, and losses against Indiana and Minnesota.

And no, I wouldn't call what I posted crap at all. It's simply correct numbers putting the winning streak the Pistons have had into prespective.

Its doesn't matter who Detroit has played during their winning streak; to win 12 straight is a great accomplishment and as long as Larry Brown is the coach they will be right there in contention for the East at the end of the season. The winning streak just happened to take place right now but it was inevitable as long as Brown was the coach; they weren't going to stay in that funk forever. Brown did the same thing with the 76ers last year when he won 15 out of 17 after the allstar break. Even though the Pacers have a very strong team I wouldn't be surprised to see the race go right down the to the last week of the season and be decided by just one or two games. Right now I would give the edge to the Pacers I just think there are a better team then the Pistons but alot can change between now and the playoffs.

Also the 1st seed is great for homecourt but it might turn out to be a disadvantage depending on the 1st round matchup you draw. Right now the 3rd seed would draw Toronto and the 1st seed would draw the 76ers. Trust me your better off playing a team like Toronto in the 1st round then a healthy 76ers team. Obviously you guys can beat both teams but Toronto would be a much easier matchup then the 76ers and the 3rd seed would get Toronto. I'm sure if you ask Larry Brown he would want no part of the 76ers in the 1st round because it would be a war.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

But when you're beating teams who are in the lower half of the NBA by far on your own home court, what's all that impressive about it? You're beating teams that you SHOULD be beating. If the Pistons go 3-0 against San Antonio, Indiana, and Minnesota, then yes, that's impressive. However I don't see that happening. I think the Pistons will go 1-2 with a win over San Antonio, and losses against Indiana and Minnesota.

And no, I wouldn't call what I posted crap at all. It's simply correct numbers putting the winning streak the Pistons have had into prespective.
    So if the Pistons went 70-12 without beating the Pacers, Lakers, Spurs, Twolves or Kings, it would be unimpressive, because after all, we're only beating the team we're SUPPOSED to.......

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Southside_Pacer

Considering Detroit already has 13 losses, that's not possible.

However, you're still not in first place Any team in the league would take a twelve game winning steak, but this one when you really look inside the numbers just doesn't imprses me as much as it might other people.

However, IF the Pistons go 3-0 against San Antonio, Indiana, and Minnesota, then more people including myself will really take notice.

Also the 1st seed is great for homecourt but it might turn out to be a disadvantage depending on the 1st round matchup you draw. Right now the 3rd seed would draw Toronto and the 1st seed would draw the 76ers. Trust me your better off playing a team like Toronto in the 1st round then a healthy 76ers team. Obviously you guys can beat both teams but Toronto would be a much easier matchup then the 76ers and the 3rd seed would get Toronto. I'm sure if you ask Larry Brown he would want no part of the 76ers in the 1st round because it would be a war.
    Larry Brown may not want any part of the Sixers in the first round, but I'll take that over not having home court advantage for the finals. That's what it will take for any team in the East to win it all this year.

Southside_Pacer

I do agree with the Sixers scaring me a whole lot more than Toronto does. Iverson himself can really take a game over and with his scoring ability and quickness he can give anybody problems.

Carter is good, but it just really depends on how healthy he is when it really matters.

I really hope we do get home court advantage throughout this thing, and getting it throughout the whole league wouldn't be a far fetched idea.

Right now it's looking to be a battle between Indiana/Detroit and I can't wait for this game. K-stat, IF the Pistons win I will be the first to congratulate you, don't worry.

It does make me wonder when/if New Orleans will get back into this thing.

The Hornets look like a lock right now for the #5 seed, and there's no way their arrogant, streetball-style is going to beat a team like Milwaukee that can really pass the ball, so they don't concern me at all.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

PistonsDynasty

The Pistons already played some good teams during this win streak.

**New Orleans
    **Portland
    **Houston
    **Dallas
    **Milwaukee

**New Orleans
    **Portland
    **Houston
    **Dallas
    **Milwaukee
    I'll always give you Milwaukee. They're tough to beat (we should know). However Portland and Dallas are crappy road-teams that you got at home, so it's hard to be too impressed by those. Houston, OK, I'll give you that too. They played awful, but that could have been because of your D (I didn't see the game), so I'll leave it.

New Orleans? Depends on who you ask. (Kstat )

**New Orleans
    **Portland
    **Houston
    **Dallas
    **Milwaukee
    Admittedly PD, the Pacers over the same span have played a TOUGHER schedule.

New Orleans is a fraud. I consider it our worst loss in franchise history that we lost to those pieces of crap, even though we had to hand them the game ON A SILVER PLATTER.

Portland is the worst road team in the NBA.

Houston couldn't score in a brothel if they had a million dollars to work with.

There are some 7th-grade girls teams that can score 100 on the Mavs....

Milwaukee is the one truly "impressive" win during this streak. They had beaten a lot of very good teams at home, the Pacers including. Can't dog that one.

Despite all this, 12 wins is 12 wins, no matter how much people want to take away from that, Larry Brown has gone his entire CAREER without winning 12 games in a row. One more win will match the Pistons'46-year old franchise RECORD. That says something.

PistonsDynasty

Come on Kstat. People are just looking for a reason to discredit the Pistons win streak.

The fact is 12 in a row is 12 in a ROW! Most of those game were back-to-back.

**Well make it 13 in a row: Spurs are going down.

Come on Kstat. People are just looking for a reason to discredit the Pistons win streak.

The fact is 12 in a row is 12 in a ROW! Most of those game were back-to-back.

**Well make it 13 in a row: Spurs are going down.
    Oh sure they are, but as a Piston fan you should be used to that now. As long as the Pistons don't have a 20+ppg "superstar", they will get no respect outside of Detroit. It infuriates me to no end that people don't consider Ben Wallace a superstar. He does things that no human being his size should be able to do, his game against Miwaukee was a prime example on how his stats dont BEGIN to show his impact on the game....

This week is without a doubt our toughest week of the SEASON. Let's do the talking a week from today, shall we?

PistonsDynasty

This week is without a doubt our toughest week of the SEASON. Let's do the talking a week from today, shall we?
    A week from now? When the Pistons are 32-13?
    Ok, I'll talk to you then.

32-13
    I got $100 that says otherwise

Kstat...you want props....

I have said this before, I am impressed by the streak and am not taking anything away from it.

Pacer fans are just saying that now you have to play 3 of the top teams in the NBA and none of us believe it will last.

If you guys do come out with a 15 game streak...I would be SHOCKED