Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cavs Shopping Mo, Delonte

Default Cavs Shopping Mo, Delonte

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...ng_mo_delonte/

this could be interesting. any interest in mo, guys?

Default Re: Cavs Shopping Mo, Delonte

I don't think shopping Mo would be the best way to keep Lebron..I'd get rid of Delonte though..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'd be interested in Mo Williams. If I didn't think he was either nuts or making bad choices, I'd want West as well.

No thanks to either. Mo Williams is essentially an undersized SG who is a terrible defender. Ordinarily, I would be interested in West since he's a solid defender and athletic (despite leaving more to be desired in the PG department). However, it seems like he's unpredictable, as seen with the whole training camp ordeal this season, so I could see the Pacers being wary of making a move for him.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

If they want to keep LeBron then they will get rid of Delonte because well he slept with the Kings mom.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No thanks to either. Mo Williams is essentially an undersized SG who is a terrible defender.
    +1

You are not contending with Mo as your starting point guard. I think this is well documented last couple of years. Unless you surround him with 4 all-stars basically. I don't think he is a playoff type player, he disappears way too much & doesn't always play hard.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Placebo For This Useful Post:

No thanks to either, I don't like Mo Williams, or his game.. I think he's extremely overrated. He's a solid scorer and that's about it.

No thanks to Delonte either. A solid player when motivated, but he has many character issues

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the Cavs want to move Delonte, they'll have to package him with Varejao. Nobody is going to take him without incentive.

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    If the Cavs want to move Delonte, they'll have to package him with Varejao. Nobody is going to take him without incentive.

This is incorrect I think. Someone will take Delonte West because of his contract, which is only partially guaranteed for $500,000 this season. I think he makes around $4.5 million on paper (I'm too lazy to look up the exact number), so theoretically you could dump an approximately $5 million contract on the Cavaliers and save yourself over $4 million bucks. If you are a team over the luxury tax you can save double that if cutting West would get you out of the dollar for dollar tax penalty. Add to that the income you get from the luxury tax paying teams of a few million, and you can easily see how trading for a player like West and then cutting him could save a financially troubled team over $10 million dollars.

Someone will for sure do that, for financial reasons and cap space if nothing else.

I could see a Micheal Beasley for Delonte West trade rumor having some merit for instance. I could also see teams like Utah or Denver making a move like that, just to save some cash, since they are over the tax.

Or, if you are a team who doesn't want to pay a draft pick you could make your selection, then trade the rights to said player for Delonte West and cash for instance.

I hope this would never happen with our Pacers (and I doubt it would), but you never know. Such a move would save us whatever the 10th pick gets minus $500,000, then add to that whatever cash you get from Cleveland (up to $3 million). If you cut West, such a move in theory could net us around 7 million bucks, helping our financials alot, but not helping our team at all of course.

In this financial structure, any player with a fully or partially unguaranteed contract can get dealt, just for financial reasons if nothing else.

I doubt the Pacers will, but some team will trade for West to save their owner cash.

Better question for Pacers fans is this: Would you want to sign West to a cheap, low level, short term stop gap contract as a free agent?

Tbird

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thunderbird1245 For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd be interested in seeing Delonte's gun collection.

(I'll be waiting on someone to ***** me out for making this joke. Maybe get into a discussion of morals. )
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Overated and undersane, no thanks to either.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

I'm sure JOB would welcome Mo with open arms...

I love Delonte's game, great toughness, excellent defense. I wonder abouty his mental problems, but I think he would be great as a third guard

Mo would be great as a third guard also.

Neither are the answer at point guard though

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing Delonte's gun collection.

(I'll be waiting on someone to ***** me out for making this joke. Maybe get into a discussion of morals. )

21. The Following User Says Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird1245 View Post
    This is incorrect I think. Someone will take Delonte West because of his contract, which is only partially guaranteed for $500,000 this season. I think he makes around $4.5 million on paper (I'm too lazy to look up the exact number), so theoretically you could dump an approximately $5 million contract on the Cavaliers and save yourself over $4 million bucks. If you are a team over the luxury tax you can save double that if cutting West would get you out of the dollar for dollar tax penalty. Add to that the income you get from the luxury tax paying teams of a few million, and you can easily see how trading for a player like West and then cutting him could save a financially troubled team over $10 million dollars.

Someone will for sure do that, for financial reasons and cap space if nothing else.

I could see a Micheal Beasley for Delonte West trade rumor having some merit for instance. I could also see teams like Utah or Denver making a move like that, just to save some cash, since they are over the tax.

Or, if you are a team who doesn't want to pay a draft pick you could make your selection, then trade the rights to said player for Delonte West and cash for instance.

I hope this would never happen with our Pacers (and I doubt it would), but you never know. Such a move would save us whatever the 10th pick gets minus $500,000, then add to that whatever cash you get from Cleveland (up to $3 million). If you cut West, such a move in theory could net us around 7 million bucks, helping our financials alot, but not helping our team at all of course.

In this financial structure, any player with a fully or partially unguaranteed contract can get dealt, just for financial reasons if nothing else.

I doubt the Pacers will, but some team will trade for West to save their owner cash.

Better question for Pacers fans is this: Would you want to sign West to a cheap, low level, short term stop gap contract as a free agent?

Tbird
    The salary part sounds like what Miami was trying to do for Beasley in the Dooling trade, hmmm.

I'd take West if it were a package deal for Gloria and LeBron James too..........

I'd pass on both.

I don't think Mo is the answer for the Pacers at point guard.

I don't care what the deal is i'd pass on West assuming his mental problems are true.

Mo is owed 9.3 nest year and 8.5 each of the following years. That is a Tj Ford like contract, and I don't think he is a great upgrade over Tj. I would rather take a chance on a guy like Sessions.

Looks like one rumor is Mo Williams for Calderon

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/.../nh2600140.txt

If the Cavs decide to trade Mo Williams, one possible destination could be Toronto in exchange for Jose Calderon. Williams is a more dynamic scorer and Calderon is more of a distributor. Both are great free-throw shooters, but neither player is a good defender.

Their contracts are similar in amount and length. The Raptors would like to move Calderon and swingman Hedo Turkoglu.

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Looks like one rumor is Mo Williams for Calderon

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/.../nh2600140.txt
    Those three pgs (TJ, Mo, and Jose) seem like they are tied together forever.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    +1

You are not contending with Mo as your starting point guard. I think this is well documented last couple of years. Unless you surround him with 4 all-stars basically. I don't think he is a playoff type player, he disappears way too much & doesn't always play hard.
    This is because he plays with the most overrated player in the history of the game. James is a ball-dominant player that doesn't make the players around him better. He gets assists I know, but it is the lack of effectiveness of putting players around him in a position to succeed that is his issue. Anyway... have you noticed how every single player on the Cavs outside of LeBron can be coined with the trait that "he disappears way too much"? Does it seem like the Cavs are a one-trick pony show when everyone on the Cavs team stands around watching LeBron? Is that the reason for the label of "doesn't always play hard" for every one of LeBron's teammates (outside of Verejao)? I will call him "The King", when he figures out how to be more than a tremendous athlete.

Assuming LeBron leaves the Cavs for purposes of this thread, I would put together a package around Mo Williams and Anderson Verejao for our expiring contracts and not much else. Foster and Dunleavy would save the Cavs a ton of money and get them back to the high lottery to build around. Mo is not great defensively, but if we keep Rush and trade Murphy elsewhere, the rest of our team would be solid defensively. Mo has the ability to score, which we could use and he is a solid distributor, but doesn't get the chance to playing next next to LBJ. I think Mo Williams and Anderson Verejao are better players on a different team, personally. I think the things Verajao does translate more from one team to another, but I think offensively, he would be a better player. Andy would be a perfect fit next to Hibbert. I am just saying you could probably get a pretty cheap deal to snag these guys from the Cavs because of their contracts and a different direction without LBJ.

Anothony Parker and Delonte West to New Orleans for Mo Pete and Darren Collison. NO uses Collison to get under the LT and slightly upgrade the wing with Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Overated and undersane, no thanks to either.
    Brilliant!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to bphil For This Useful Post:

Mood

no thanks on both players

MO is overrated

DWest might will sleep with Granger s mom so no thanks

Pass, Thunderbird makes some interesting points about West, but I am not into either of those guys games...
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Grangerous View Post
    DWest might will sleep with Granger s mom so no thanks
    I actually believe I read somewhere that she's either dead or left Danny's family when he was younger. Can't remember exactly which, but it's neither here nor there. Neither Delonte nor Mo are players I'd like to see playing for the soon-to-be San Jose Pacers.