Thread: TV blackout question

Mood

Default TV blackout question

What situations would indiana people get blacked out from Pacers games on TV?

For instance, when I get LP before the season starts, when the Pacers are playing on FSN-Midwest, even though I'll have the channel so it won't be an issue for me, if I wanted to for some reason watch via LP, would it get blacked out?

Secondly, what about people who life in Indiana, but locally they get FSN-Chicago? Since locally they get the Chicago station despite being in Indiana, if they have LP would they be able to watch home games of the Pacers when they're on FSN-Midwest?

Dream Big

Default Re: TV blackout question

fsn games will air on LP, WB4 games won't.. you'd have to change to the local channel instead.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you have FSN-Chicago, like I use to in Fort Wayne..what you would have to do is have League Pass AND sports pack. Since you live near New Castle, right? The only thing that you have to worry about is if the Pacers went away from televising all their home games because League Pass doesn't cut blackouts that are done by the Pacers. That is not going to happen.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

why would you have to have LP AND sports pack? Shouldn't LP carry it?

Maybe this was just a FW issue? I was thinking of people in far western indiana, like lafeyette.

Sports Logo

I dont know if it is just a fw issue. But I have both or I would miss some games.

Old as Dirt

I live in Kokomo and only missed I think 2 or 3 raod games last year. The Pacers are either on FSN or WB4

Old as Dirt

I should have added in the first post, that I can not get WIBC here in Kokomo, But have no problem getting St Louis or Rochester NY.

Dream Big

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Maybe this was just a FW issue? I was thinking of people in far western indiana, like lafeyette.
    sometimes there will be a home game that airs on tnt, making it black on on LP.. so you'd need the sports package to pick up the game (channel 648) where FSM indianapolis is.. there have been other time where the LP would opt to air the other team's broadcast, again making it black out.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks

sometimes there will be a home game that airs on tnt, making it black on on LP.. so you'd need the sports package to pick up the game (channel 648) where FSM indianapolis is.. there have been other time where the LP would opt to air the other team's broadcast, again making it black out.
    With Total Choice /w Local Channels (39.99) you get "your" Regional Sports Channel with out having the Sports Pack. Fox Sports Mid-West is on Ch647, the Pacers home games are on there or on Ch648 the alternate channel for FSMW. You do not have to have the Sports Pack as far as I know.

If the Pacers are doing the broadcast on LP then they are not blacked out, LP will just be a duplicate of Ch 4 or FSMW in the 700 Ch's. If the other team is showing the broadcast of the game it will be blacked out on LP, at least it is in Greenwood.

I think the blackout rule is only a 30 mile zone, but I'm not positive.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

The cable companies in Marion County used to have an exclusive contract with Fox Sports MW, which "forced" a DirecTV blackout that required you to purchase the Regional Sports package AND the LP. I think that issue had been resolved before I moved out of Indy in 2000.

I can't think of any reason why you'd need the Regional Sports package and the LP anymore - assuming that you will really get FSMW in New Castle. If you are assigned FS-Cincinnati (hey, stranger things have happened, that was my regional sports network for a year or two even though I lived within the city limits of Indy) then you'll need it.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

I know I will get FSN here. I was asking for someone else, who gets FSN-Chicago.

I'd like to think with LP that's all he'd need to get the Pacers games on FSN-MW

Terrymo

I'd like to pose another question to add to this. Why in the heck are we not able to see ALL of the games including preseason? We used to be able to. Like Old As Dirt, I live in Kokomo and we saw every game a few years back, we didn't need LP or anything. While I'm at it, I'd like to go on record as saying that I wish the league would go back to NBC, I don't like ABC's coverage ( or should I say LACK of coverage of Pacers games. )

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Well, I obviously am assigned FS-Chicago, and I've got the LP, and that's all I need to see the Pacers games.

Now... I don't always get the Pacers' broadcast, fairly often I have to listen to the other team's "homers" but I get to see the games.

Oh, without the Sports Pack, I very, very rarely get to see Fox Sports' post-game show.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

[quote=Jay@Section222]
    Now... I don't always get the Pacers' broadcast, fairly often I have to listen to the other team's "homers" but I get to see the games.
    quote]

Now that would be entertaining. I'd love to hear what the other teams' homer broadcasters have to say, not just for the simple fact that I cannot stand Al Alberts' voice...nothing to do with him, it's entirely his brother's fault (see: 90's rivalry with the Knicks).
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson