Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolves after Granger for #4?

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Wolves after Granger for #4?

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/32685

Ben (Minneapolis)

Any real possibility of Granger to the Wolves for Jefferson and the #16 pick?
    Chad Ford (1:11 PM)

No. Wolves would like Granger, but Pacers (and a lot of teams for that matter) are leery of Jefferson's knee. I think Granger would cost the Wolves #4,
    Maybe there is some truth to that rumor, but if we gave Granger for the #4 pick in the draft, which we could have had if we didn't win 10 out of the last 15
    Sittin on top of the world!

Banned

Default Re: Wolves after Granger for #4?

I would be happy to trade Granger for the chance to get Wall or Turner.

I would consider trading Granger for the chance to get Favors or Cousins.

If Cousins is even close to mentally stable, I think this makes some sense because from all the reports out there he'll be the one available at #4. I'm not sure that's the case though.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Or Wes Johnson

No way. I wouldn't trade away Granger unless it was for Wall.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyPacer For This Useful Post:

To me, it doesn't make sense for either team. It puts Minnesota in win now mode and they aren't structured that way. For the Pacers its giving up your best player/face of the franchise for either Favors (couple of years away) or Cousins (risky pick for intangibles) or Wesley Johnson (could be Danny Granger, could be Corey Magette light)

I don't mean to sound like a homer, but I would not do this on either side, but for the Pacers, I'd want the #4 and the rights to Ricky Rubio. To me, it's just not worth starting ALL the way over, unless you can immediately get two pieces.

Look Danny is a top 10 scorer, in his prime, who's a good guy. It's one of those deals where he's worth more to the Pacers than Minnesota at this moment. If you trade him you need a nice group of youngster ala OKC to move forward with. You'd need to convince Rubio to come over to the Pacers, but if you woo him by saying you are going to be the man, the franchise guy, I think it's possible.

It's all blantant speculation anyway.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

So what are the Pacers going to take back for Granger's salary... players or a TE?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what are the Pacers going to take back for Granger's salary... players or a TE?
    I think what he is saying is that Jefferson + 16 doesn't interest the Pacers for Granger, but Jefferson + 4 could interest the Pacers...

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Minnesota has max cap space available, I believe, so they could take Granger without sending out any salaries.

Tempting for a team with no money - Granger for #4 and two of Love, Flynn or #16. (Rubio, if you could get him, but I doubt he's available. Kahn may as well slit his own throat as trade Rubio.)

BTW...Monroe is moving up some of the mocks. He might be in play @ #4.

EDIT: I'm not sure if he belongs up there or not, but I think he's gotten a bump from his measurements that indicate that he's big enough to be a legit 5. This is the kind of strange part of the draft season where teams start looking around to see if there's somebody lower on the board that should be higher. So guys move up, and guys "drop". I suspect it will settle out with Monroe back towards 6-10.

However, I can see the Pacers liking him better than Cousins, who supposedly showed up to Chicago heavy, and is doing very little to dispel the buzz (fair or unfair) that he's a douchebag.
    Last edited by count55; 06-02-2010 at 08:50 AM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not as high on Granger as most of you but this is nuts. Giving up a proven player for a risk at #4? Giving up DG for what...are any of them franchise players? There is no promise that ANY top draft pick will be 1/2 as good as anybody currently starting. Sure, you can project what they will do but at least with DG you KNOW you have a solid player. We have so many needs that I just can't see creating another hole in order to get a "possibility".
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Minnesota has max cap space available, I believe, so they could take Granger without sending out any salaries.

Tempting for a team with no money - Granger for #4 and two of Love, Flynn or #16.

BTW...Monroe is moving up some of the mocks. He might be in play @ #4.
    OK, now that would be tempting.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacer View Post
    No way. I wouldn't trade away Granger unless it was for Wall.
    I agree. I wouldnt trade Granger for anyone except Wall or Turner
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post

Tempting for a team with no money - Granger for #4 and two of Love, Flynn or #16.

If the Pacers could get Love, #4, #16, and a 7 mil TE, they would REALLY have to think about that offer. I don't see the T-Wolves making that offer for Granger. To me it's too much, and that coming from a Pacer fan who wouldn't be at all opposed to seeing that deal come to fruitition in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I think what he is saying is that Jefferson + 16 doesn't interest the Pacers for Granger, but Jefferson + 4 could interest the Pacers...
    Thats the way I read it my friend

I'd do Jefferson plus #4 in a heartbeat. If you do that deal, you absolutely must trade Murphy for a point guard, however, and I'd assume given that you've now got a frontcourt of Hibbert and Jefferson, you're drafting Wes Johnson at #4 to be the starting SF.

In this scenario, if you don't trade Murphy, O'Brien will play Jefferson at Center and Murphy at PF, which could possibly be the worst defensive frontcourt in the modern era.

Jefferson's knees would shatter into a million pieces the first time he set foot on our floor.

In a word, no.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Jefferson's knees would shatter into a million pieces the first time he set foot on our floor.

In a word, no.
    Thats what frightens me too

Also Isnt a front court of Hibbert and Jefferson too slow?

I"m not a huge Granger fan, but I wouldn't do it straight for #4. I don't see the Timberwolves putting Rubio in a deal unless they were to get something back from the Pacers. If they would, I would do that in a minute, even if it meant giving up Murphy's expiring contract. To me Granger is a high volume shooter but a low efficiency player. He's also a poor defender to boot. He's a gunner on a bad team. He has the talent to be more, and that's the only reason a team would give up that much for him.

Jim -

Good to see you posting on PD. Your opinion is always welcome and
    respected.

Btw, assuming your deal (DG and possibly Murphy for #4 + Rubio, which I'd also quickly agree to),
    whom would you then grab at #4 ?
    Last edited by Hillman's 'Fro'; 06-02-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Mood

The only player in Minnesota I want is Kevin Love. No thanks on Flynn or Rubio or Sessions (although Sessions could come really cheap as a backup). Gomes is enticing because of his non-guaranteed deal but might be the biggest tweener in the league. I do like Brewer, but I prefer Rush to him. Wayne Ellington wouldn't be a bad backup, but why trade for a guy like him. There isn't a player on that team that appeals to me, whose name isn't Love.

Give me Love, #4, and Brewer for Granger and I would consider it. We save some money on Granger's deal. Replace him with Brewer who is another excellent athletic defender on the wings, Love steps in as a perfect compliment to Hibbert. We still have #4, #10, #40, and #57. Add that to the fact that our front court is full of young bigs such as Hibbert, Hansborough, McRoberts, Love, and either Cousins or Favors. We could put together a much better package for say Chris Paul as well or make a run at Wall.

Banned

Granger is never going to be traded, like I said before the Pacers never sell high so I don't see this happening

Sports Logo

If Granger is in play, I'd like to see what else we could get for him. There are plenty of Teams that are in the Lebron/Wade Sweepstakes that have room to absorb a Player like Granger that have plenty of assets.

If it was the TWovles, I'm with count55.....at the very least...I'd expect a PG in return...either Flynn or Rubio....and the #4 pick along with a huge TPE.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillman's 'Fro' View Post
    Jim -

Good to see you posting on PD. Your opinion is always welcome and
    respected.

Btw, assuming your deal (DG and possibly Murphy for #4 + Rubio, which I'd also quickly agree to),
    whom would you then grab at #4 ?
    Hard to say. I'm one who thinks the Pacers see their front line as Granger, Hansbrough and Hibbert, so that tells me if a deal like this would go down, feeling good about Hansbrough and Hibbert, they'd take Wesley Johnson to replace Granger. That's assuming two things: the aforementioned contentment with Hibbert and Hansbrough, as well as a desire to get Wesley Johnson.

If they felt DeMarcus Cousins wasn't Ron Artest Jr., he would be hard to pass up. I'm a big Hansbrough guy. He brings energy, defends, doesn't require the ball, and makes plays. I don't see in the least why he can't develop into a David Lee type player. Not the scorer perhaps but a better defender.

If they view Wesley Johnson as a Granger in the making, getting Rubio and Johnson would be outstanding. Minnesota would get an offensive upgrade in Granger, an every game starter, at the SF spot, and they would get an expiring contract on Murphy who would be a nice complementary player to Jefferson and Love.

Banned

would i trade granger for jefferson and the number 4? most likely. jefferson is a similar talent to granger at a position that is harder to fill than sf. that would also give us the #4 and #10 picks which i believe we could package for the #1 or #2 or keep and draft a guy like johnson at #4 to replace granger and draft bpa at #10. but i would bet that if the pacers attained the #4 while keeping the #10, they'd use those to move up to #1 or #2.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jefferson on probation for 2 years?

Bird would love to get this guy!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by millertime90 View Post
    would i trade granger for jefferson and the number 4? most likely. jefferson is a similar talent to granger at a position that is harder to fill than sf. that would also give us the #4 and #10 picks which i believe we could package for the #1 or #2 or keep and draft a guy like johnson at #4 to replace granger and draft bpa at #10. but i would bet that if the pacers attained the #4 while keeping the #10, they'd use those to move up to #1 or #2.
    Say No to Jefferson and his contract. If Granger went to the TWolves, I'd want back assets other then Jefferson.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.