Thread: Ben Roethlisberger returns to Steelers won't speak to media

Default Ben Roethlisberger returns to Steelers won't speak to media

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...peak-to-media/

Roethlisberger returns to Steelers, won't speak to media
    Posted by Michael David Smith on June 1, 2010 11:11 AM ET
    Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is on the practice field today at the Steelers' organized team activities, but we won't be hearing from him.

A Steelers spokesman said neither Roethlisberger nor Steelers coach Mike Tomlin will talk to reporters after practice.

Footage from this morning that aired on ESPN showed Roethlisberger stretching and chatting with offensive tackle Willie Colon, who was with Roethlisberger on the night in Milledgeville, Georgia, when Roethlisberger was accused of sexual assault.

It's Roethlisberger's first appearance at Steelers practice since he was suspended six games for violating the NFL's personal-conduct policy. Roethlisberger last practiced on April 20, and the next day NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended him and ordered him to stay away from the team until he had undergone a behavioral evaluation.

After today, the Steelers have five more days of OTAs, and Roethlisberger is expected to participate in all of them. He's also allowed to participate in training camp and the preseason before he serves his suspension at the start of the regular season.

Steelers quarterback Byron Leftwich, who is likely to start at the beginning of the season in Roethlisberger's absence, is not attending today's OTAs.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger returns to Steelers won't speak to media

To me, Roethlisberger is the new Brett Favre. I don't mean that they share character traits. I mean that I'm so sick of hearing about him that I wish every reporter that typed his name in a story immediately received a painful shock from their keyboard.