Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for Pacers' Fan Jam

Default Re: Suggestions for Pacers' Fan Jam

Scrimmage!

I would push hard for a separate "family friendly" event and a scrimmage open another time. Rick's first year they had a scrimmage open to season ticket holders, and it's easily one of my favorite Pacer memories. When they opened the gates and everyone else went for their free food, I immediately went and got a front row seat at center left. Took me all of 5 minutes to fall head over heels in love with Mike Brown.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDanimal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A trampoline dunk contest between the power pack. A three on three tourney 1 Pacer 1 fever and 1 legend
    This is a good idea, but it'll be hard to find a legend who hasn't been fired the last two years.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

How about a outdoor scrimmage.

Also I think if you get free season tickets you should have to earn them. Maybe a eating contest between pacer players and a fans. Peck against Hibbert gets my vote.

Edit: Just had an idea. How about taking a couple of college players from IU and Purdure for the scrimmage as well. One team has a couple of IU players and the other has Purdue players. If the NCAA doesn't like that do it with Indiana high school players that are pretty good.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 05-27-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Bring back the scrimmage. I've had zero interest since then.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nerveghost For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    How about a outdoor scrimmage.

Also I think if you get free season tickets you should have to earn them. Maybe a eating contest between pacer players and a fans. Peck against Hibbert gets my vote.

Edit: Just had an idea. How about taking a couple of college players from IU and Purdure for the scrimmage as well. One team has a couple of IU players and the other has Purdue players. If the NCAA doesn't like that do it with Indiana high school players that are pretty good.
    And just forget about all the other Indiana colleges? That will go over well.......

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Maybe they should just eliminate actual practices too. I understand what you're saying, but it's not like these guys are made of glass and can break at any moment. Do freak accidents happen like AJ going down? Of course. But that's also why they're called "freak accidents."

Practices during training camp and even during the season are going to be waaaaay more potentionally harmful then having a scrimmage at fan jam. Which is my idea. Have an actual hr and a half practice, then have fan meet and great for the next hour or so. We went down to the Final Four practices this year, and I thought watching Duke's compared to the rest of the teams showed a lot. Really impressive, IMHO.
    I'm not talking about scrimmages, I'm talking about stupid little relay games (which is how this particular player went down) having the players do silly/stupid things (like, hop on one foot, dunk contest on trampoline..ect...) is what I'm saying. Basically, don't do stupid stuff that sounds like a "family fun" idea.

make it like our own little all star game. do a skills competition, 3 point shootout, and a dunk contest. If the team isn't up for a scrimmage do an old school pick up game and invite reggie and some old pacers to play with current ones and rookies to make it a fun enviornment. it doesn't have to be a serious game but let the kids see some of their current heroes and learn about past players. i don't know if any of these have been mentioned...just skipped to the last of the posts

The only way I would go is if I get to see a real practice. Not something geared towards the average fan. I don't care about meeting the players, or hearing them sing. I only care about seeing them play basketball, but I don't want to watch some lighthearted scrimmage either.

I know I'll never be satisfied though, so I have given up even considering going.

Honestly though I think gearing these things to a younger fan level is the smart way to go
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 05-27-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby33 View Post
    Take this idea a step further. Although i hate the all star game, i like the events surrounding it. Of course a dunk contest would be awesome, and the 3 point contest would be awesome. But to bring one old player, one fever player and a current player.

Who wouldnt want to see a game of Danny, Catchings, and Derrick mckey take on DunDun, Reggie and Katie Douglas. Of course that would be wishful thinking getting Reggie back in the house he built. The building would be full just to see him alone. I think you might get Rik to do this.
    I think they could get Reggie on board. He still spends time in Indy, but other than Winning Time, I almost feel as though the Pacers haven't seemed to reach out to Reggie in any way. Surely that would change if we ever hired a guy like Jax to be coach, but you don't ever hear of much involvement of Reggie and the Pacers.