Thread: Minny

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Minny

Assuming the TWolves get Cousins:

Troy Murphy
    2010 #10
    2010 #40
    $3M cash (for the difference between Murphy and Love/Sessions/guaranteed portion of Gomes but will still give us $3M more in cap space)

for

Kevin Love
    Ramon Sessions
    Ryan Gomes (who we would cut)
    2010 #32
    2010 #45

There are plenty of reasons to do this deal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Minny

No offense, but I doubt they'd even listen to the Pacers if they were asking for Kevin Love and not offering Danny Granger. Instant hang-up there.

Love is a core player that Minnie is building with for the future, and they aren't going to trade him for Murphy's 1 year useage and the #10 and 40 picks.

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat, but as already suggested Kahn would just hangup the phone.

You might get them to listen to a #10, Rush, and Solo for #16 & 23 and Sessions.

Mood

Why would we give up Rush for Sessions? I may be in the camp of overrating Rush in most people's opinions. My thoughts on Sessions are favorable as I think there is a lot he brings to the table, but he is a ball-dominant PG whose game is eerily similar to TJ Ford IMO. There's a reason there wasn't a huge market for the guy when he was a free agent. He is a little bit better passer than TJ is IMO, which shows how overpaid TJ is. His assist numbers are volatile because most of his assists go to outside shooters. Sessions would be a terrible fit in our offense and is not great defensively. He is not pourous but also he isn't great. He doesn't shoot the ball well from the outside either. His assists and scoring come from his ability to penetrate just like TJ. He does get to the line well, but if we can't use TJ properly, then we sure are not going to use him properly either. He would not be a great fit for us I guess is all I am saying. He is a solid backup PG in the NBA, IMO. Rush has the ability to become twice the player that Sessions could be.

I think Minnesota goes VERY hard after Evan Turner which is exactly what they should do. Trade Jefferson , #4, and maybe even #23 for Elton Brand and #2.

Im not sure if Philly would agree to do this as Cousins seems to be slipping and might not be a good fit with Jefferson anyway but that is likely where all of Minnesota's focus is.

If they fail to land Turner I can see them turning their attention to Danny Granger in a mega blockbuster that will change the landscape for both teams.

Im not sure what Larry would demand in return and I dont really think we should move him but it could happen for a few reasons:

1. Granger is older than most young superstars because he played all four years of college...............meaning that by the time we stock teh talent base around him to challenge for something meaningful....he will be past his prime.

2. Granger's value will never be any higher than it is now.

3. It could wind up saving us lots of money next season.

4. No one really knows what happenned to cause the leave of absence .

The package would have to include both Kevin Love and the 4th pick and 16th picks.

At 4 .......... I think we take Cousins and hope that he becomes our Dwight Howard.

At 10..........I think its Avery Bradley

At 16.......... Paul George or whichever wing player they like the best......maybe Hayward ( not sure I buy the lotto for him).

Id then look at dealing Murphy to one of the teams that loses out on Bosh and Boozer for a future #1 +.

This gets our cap Waaaay down right away and gives us a ton of young talent to build around.

Love, Cousins, Hibbert and Hansbrough would be a real nice set of bigs.

Dunleavy holds down the 3 until we find Granger's replacement ( Maggette would be easily attainable for TJ and Foster to offset about half of his salary. That essentially would mean Maggette would be here for 3 yrs at $15mm which isnt horrible).

The backcourt would remain the leagues worst but that would be teh case no matter what. We would have plenty of $$ and room to go hard after Felton at least in a MLE deal. Bradley serves as the apprentice which solidifies PG.

At the 2....I think you give Rush one more year to try and establish himself as a player. You still would have Jones and Dunleavy as fallback options and again plenty of $$ and room to pursue someone else if he continues to struggle.

As intriguing as all of that could be, I'm still not sure I'd part with Danny..........he is a bonafide top 15 player not to far off of what Durant gives OKC and those are awful hard to come by. Love and Cousins and a pick at 16 are far from sure things and usually the winner in those types of trades is the team acquiring the best player...........but its intriguing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NappyRootz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Minnesota goes VERY hard after Evan Turner which is exactly what they should do. Trade Jefferson , #4, and maybe even #23 for Elton Brand and #2.

Im not sure if Philly would agree to do this as Cousins seems to be slipping and might not be a good fit with Jefferson anyway but that is likely where all of Minnesota's focus is.

If they fail to land Turner I can see them turning their attention to Danny Granger in a mega blockbuster that will change the landscape for both teams.

Im not sure what Larry would demand in return and I dont really think we should move him but it could happen for a few reasons:

1. Granger is older than most young superstars because he played all four years of college...............meaning that by the time we stock teh talent base around him to challenge for something meaningful....he will be past his prime.

2. Granger's value will never be any higher than it is now.

3. It could wind up saving us lots of money next season.

4. No one really knows what happenned to cause the leave of absence .

The package would have to include both Kevin Love and the 4th pick and 16th picks.

At 4 .......... I think we take Cousins and hope that he becomes our Dwight Howard.

At 10..........I think its Avery Bradley

At 16.......... Paul George or whichever wing player they like the best......maybe Hayward ( not sure I buy the lotto for him).

Id then look at dealing Murphy to one of the teams that loses out on Bosh and Boozer for a future #1 +.

This gets our cap Waaaay down right away and gives us a ton of young talent to build around.

Love, Cousins, Hibbert and Hansbrough would be a real nice set of bigs.

Dunleavy holds down the 3 until we find Granger's replacement ( Maggette would be easily attainable for TJ and Foster to offset about half of his salary. That essentially would mean Maggette would be here for 3 yrs at $15mm which isnt horrible).

The backcourt would remain the leagues worst but that would be teh case no matter what. We would have plenty of $$ and room to go hard after Felton at least in a MLE deal. Bradley serves as the apprentice which solidifies PG.

At the 2....I think you give Rush one more year to try and establish himself as a player. You still would have Jones and Dunleavy as fallback options and again plenty of $$ and room to pursue someone else if he continues to struggle.

As intriguing as all of that could be, I'm still not sure I'd part with Danny..........he is a bonafide top 15 player not to far off of what Durant gives OKC and those are awful hard to come by. Love and Cousins and a pick at 16 are far from sure things and usually the winner in those types of trades is the team acquiring the best player...........but its intriguing for sure.

In your scenerio I think George could play the SF role. He might not last until 16 though. His stock is rising pretty fast. If we could get back at least 3 good prospects with at least one of them having all star potential, than Bird would need to consider trading Granger.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Rush has the ability to become twice the player that Sessions could be.

Having the ability and using that ability are two different things.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think Rush will figure it out, but that's just speculation. I would rather take Rush's upside on this team at this point. Plus, he has proven a lot more on court than Sessions has to me.