Thread: ATTENTION, ATTENTION, Yes Brad Miller is an allstar player

Default ATTENTION, ATTENTION, Yes Brad Miller is an allstar player

Last summer I argued strongly that Brad Miller was not really an "allstar player". Yes he made it last season, but many players make it once but to be considered a true allstar player you have to make the team more than once.

Well Brad made it again this seson, so I can never say again the Brad Miller is not an allstar

He is an NBA Allstar.

Good for Brad

Peck, is that good enough, or do you want more

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ATTENTION, ATTENTION, Yes Brad Miller is an allstar player

That Sacramento offense does make him look good. It's perfectly fitted to his abilities, and they run the offense through the PF position. Couldn't ask for a better situation for any player.
    If Brad were still a Pacer, he would easily have been an East All-Star again over Magloire.

Either way, Brad is a deserving All-Star.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That Sacramento offense does make him look good. It's perfectly fitted to his abilities, and they run the offense through the PF position. Couldn't ask for a better situation for any player.
    If Brad were still a Pacer, he would easily have been an East All-Star again over Magloire.

Either way, Brad is a deserving All-Star.
    This year, if he were on the Pacers, it would've been more like default, like Magliore, but he EARNED it with Sacramento.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Well that's true for pretty much any All-Star...their teams have systems to maximize the abilities of their best players. Even then, all a system can do is put a guy in position to succeed; the player still has to go out there and perform every night. Brad has performed at a consistently high level this season.

Good for Brad

You may have crossed over. But I still think Scot Pollard is a better fit for the money.

Sports Logo

Good for Brad

You may have crossed over. But I still think Scot Pollard is a better fit for the money.
    Oh yeah I would much rather pay a little less for a third stringer than a center. Hey it had the added bennifit of using that money to sign a point guard we dont even use anymore. Wow what a bargain. we traded and All star for two third stringers. I know I am happy.

That's HARDLY true for every player. Brad has filled in admirably for Webber in the first half of the season, and deserves recognition. Do I need to say that 1,000,000 more times?
    Never said every player, but pretty much every All-Star, you betcha. Are you saying that it's common for teams to NOT have systems aimed at maximizing the abilities of their best players?

Sports Logo

Good for Brad

Oh yeah I would much rather pay a little less for a third stringer than a center. Hey it had the added bennifit of using that money to sign a point guard we dont even use anymore. Wow what a bargain. we traded and All star for two third stringers. I know I am happy.
    So it's your money the Simons would spend?

What money? where is this pahntom extra money? I dont see where it is could you point it out for me because I guess I am blind.

Are you ignoring what Pollard and Kenny are being paid? Do you somehow think that are the keys to the future?

How am I wanting them to have wasted this "extra" money to keep Brad an all star instead of Pollard and Kenny for the SAME MONEY?

Sports Logo

Sorry it just still pisses me off when I think about it. I try to tell myself that Jeffs rebounding and D are worth loosing Brad's offense. Never mind that Brad actually gets more rebounds.

But I just know we could have been even better than we are with him in uniform and belive it will cost us the championship in the end. I could be wrong we might not face the Lakers in the finals. Heck the Kings might knock them out in the west finals.

But if we do I think Shaq will kill us. We now have no answer for him we did and we threw it away.

Please, let's not debate all thoise issues we have debated to death.

Please, let's not debate all thoise issues we have debated to death.
    Exactly. Good post btw UB.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I'm surprised. He's earned it. I thought (note I said thought, not hoped) he'd have a harder time of it in the west.

As a side note: Jamaal Magloire? All-star?

His numbers are pretty good, but an all-star, I'm not sure I buy that. Screw the position stuff for reserves.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

I'm surprised. He's earned it. I thought (note I said thought, not hoped) he'd struggle a bit more in the west.

As a side note: Jamaal Magloire? All-star?

His numbers are pretty good, but an all-star, I'm not sure I buy that. Screw the position stuff for reserves.
    I wish they COULD get rid of that position crap, but they won't. I guess he's better than anyone else as a back-up center in the East.
    If Knick fans have an argument it isn't Marbury IMO - it's KT not being a backup C.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Wow - no Lebron. I thought that would have almost been dictated by the NBA with the game being in such a media center.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Wow - no Lebron. I thought that would have almost been dictated by the NBA with the game being in such a media center.
    WOW...I should go check out the cavs board....that outta be a riot

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I was really hoping Erick Dampier would be the ex-Pacers center in the all-star game.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Brad Miller is no Scott Pollard!
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Sorry it just still pisses me off when I think about it. I try to tell myself that Jeffs rebounding and D are worth loosing Brad's offense. Never mind that Brad actually gets more rebounds.

But I just know we could have been even better than we are with him in uniform and belive it will cost us the championship in the end. I could be wrong we might not face the Lakers in the finals. Heck the Kings might knock them out in the west finals.

But if we do I think Shaq will kill us. We now have no answer for him we did and we threw it away.

36-13—best record in the league—and you're still pissed off. Hmm. Guess some people are never happy. ed:

And if we get to the finals, that's a damn sight better than what we did last year. You can't speculate how the season would've turned out had we kept Brad. I could just as easily contend that we wouldn't be where we are right now had we kept him. I know we wouldn't have been able to fire Isiah and hire Carlisle, so I know we wouldn't be here.

Sports Logo

Well clearly the difference is the coaching change. I didnt for a minute believe that Isiah would last the entire season and if he did he would have been gone after one more year no matter what.

I could have lived through another year of Isiah if it meant we ended up with a very good coach like Rick afterwards and we were able to keep last years team together. I just think they were and still are on the verge of great things. Its just that now we are a lot weaker at C, a position we were not week at last year.

Last summer I argued strongly that Brad Miller was not really an "allstar player". Yes he made it last season, but many players make it once but to be considered a true allstar player you have to make the team more than once.

Well Brad made it again this seson, so I can never say again the Brad Miller is not an allstar

He is an NBA Allstar.

Good for Brad

I want just a little more.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Ok, ok I have come up with it.

Here are your options.

Option # 1. Whenever you post the name Brad Miller from now till the all-star game of 05 you must put the words All-star in bold letters in front of his name.

option # 2. Whenever you see Donnie Walsh you must think to yourself "cheap *******". Then you must think "but wait didn't he pay Austin Croshere a lot of money"? Then you must think to yourself "buggeyed *******".

Option # 3. Whenever you address me in a post you must put the title "Omniciant one" before my name.

Personnaly, I hope you choose option # 3.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Ok, ok I have come up with it.

Here are your options.

Option # 1. Whenever you post the name Brad Miller from now till the all-star game of 05 you must put the words All-star in bold letters in front of his name.

option # 2. Whenever you see Donnie Walsh you must think to yourself "cheap *******". Then you must think "but wait didn't he pay Austin Croshere a lot of money"? Then you must think to yourself "buggeyed *******".

Option # 3. Whenever you address me in a post you must put the title "Omniciant one" before my name.

Note to self: Never make a promise to Peck if I've been drinking...
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Told ya'll so...

To Peck -

Now, the argument of whether or not he's really that good can officially be laid to rest. Don't be fooled. If he played on a team where he was the first or second option his numbers would be even more impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Except when you refer to him by his new title, you must spell it correctly - "Omniscient".

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Except when you refer to him by his new title, you must spell it correctly - "Omniscient".

LOL
    He's all knowing except for how to spell omniscient...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...