View Poll Results: Which PG would you want the Pacers to trade for?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Devin Harris

8 8.99%
  • Gilbert Arenas

0 0%
  • Ray Felton (S&T)

4 4.49%
  • Mike Conley

15 16.85%
  • George Hill

5 5.62%
  • Darren Collison

30 33.71%
  • Kirk Hinrich

9 10.11%
  • Monta Ellis

4 4.49%
  • DJ Augustin

1 1.12%
  • Eric Maynor

2 2.25%
  • Ty Lawson

1 1.12%
  • Other (please say who)

10 11.24%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PG you'd most like to see the Pacers trade for...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PG you'd most like to see the Pacers trade for...

Darren Collison makes the most sense by far. New Orleans has Chris Paul, and it makes no sense to have a player as talented as Collison as their backup PG. After his outstanding rookie season, his trade value will never be higher, and the Hornets need to take advantage. Collison proved that he can produce when given starter's minutes, and the Hornets would be holding back his delevopment by not trading him.

George Hill isn't going anywhere. Tony Parker will be traded before George.

Mike Conley is the Grizzlie's guy at PG, and won't be traded unless they get an obvious upgrade at that position.

Devin Harris lost my respect by losing so many games as the teams best player. I don't really want a shoot first PG either. A better version of TJ Ford.

Raymond Felton simply hasn't panned out as a quality starting PG for the Bobcats. Compared to the other PGs in his draft, Chris Paul and Derron Williams, Felton has underachieved. He has his moments, but I don't really know if he is that much better than Ford.

Ty Lawson could develop into a quality PG, but I don't think that Denver is going to give up on him after his rookie season. Billups is getting older, and Denver may view Lawson as their PG of the future.

Monta Ellis is the best player of this group, and I doubt that GS will trade him.

Did any of you guys watch Maynor play at all in the playoffs against L.A. ? I think he could be a very good starting PG, and he has size to boot at 6'3"

I said Felton, less because he's the best of the group and more because he probably has the lowest asking price.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Collison
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Sports Logo

I am for Sessions, because he is underrated, young, has upside and could come cheap! I think he had a good season in 2008/2009, which shows that there is room for improvement.

If there is an option to get Jefferson too, this would be a pretty move.

What do you think, is it realistic that such a deal could be done and if yes, who should we give up for those 2?

Ramon Sessions mainly because the Pacers can get him cheaply without giving up too much. The question with him is he a full time starting NBA point guard. I question that. I think Collison is another good option, but he'll be harder to get and we'll have to give up more. From what I've seen of him I do believe he can be a starter on a 50 win NBA team. Collison I think would solve our starting point guard problems.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I didn't see Sessions at all last year, but I know he puts up good numbers when he plays. Apparently he can't shoot 3s at all. How is he defensively? I like that he's tall, that'd be a nice change.

I sincerely doubt that the Wolves would trade us Jefferson. Remember the Granger-Jefferson rumor? I'm sure they'd want someone of that quality. Sessions would (should) be available, though who knows if/when Rubio is coming over? Looking at the contracts between the 2 teams it may be difficult to find a deal that makes sense for both sides. Anyone else try this?

I like Collison a lot too, just wonder if we'd have pieces they'd want and if he can hold up for entire seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Monta Ellis is the best player of this group, and I doubt that GS will trade him.
    The Warriors are more than open to trading Monta. (That's trading him, not giving him away.)

I voted for Collison and would offer our first and Rush for him. Would New Orleans trade with us for him. I don't think we have the pieces to get him without giving up Hibbert. New Orleans will get better offers than we can give.
    I would like to have a young point guard that would not cost us too much to get, but that is a pipe dream.
    Monta would be outstanding to get, but what does GS want for him. They surely won't take back Murphy or Dunleavy. Why would they trade for Ford?
    Ramon Sessions is probably the best PG who we could get, but is he worth our first round pick?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I went with Hinrich only because this would mean moving one of our higher contracts.

Not really that thrilled with many of the guys on the list. Most are fine enough, but not really deal changers and not all that different than Price (better, sure, but "give up critical asset" better? no).

Maynor ran a close 2nd for me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I went with Hinrich only because this would mean moving one of our higher contracts.

Not really that thrilled with many of the guys on the list. Most are fine enough, but not really deal changers and not all that different than Price (better, sure, but "give up critical asset" better? no).

That's what I was saying..

If we want an upgrade get an actual upgrade, not a player who has pretty much the same ceiling of "solid starter"

After looking it up Ramon Sessions had just about the same coming out season in 08-09 as Collison did this year. He was a little more inconsistent, but he scored 44 points against Detroit. He had multiple nights with doulble digit assists. He finished out that year strong too scoring in double digits 10 out of their last 11 games. He is just lost in the shuffle up in Minnesota. He also just turned 24.

I hope we try to make a trade for him. I think his contract would match up with D. Jones pretty well. I wonder if Minnesota would bite on it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:

Lots of good posts on this :

My .02

Collison is the best fit both now and long term.............to get him though you probably have to be willing to take back a bad contract and the club will not and should not do that this summer.

With that said, I'd take a flyer on Felton. He reminds me some of a young Billups that never seemed to hit hos stride early on. I think a change of scenery would be great for him.

I think Charlotte could be interested in this deal:

Ford

for

Felton (s /t)
    Henderson

If Felton will sign a 3 yr 18mm deal than I would make that trade and they probably would to.

I voted for Eric Maynor.

Loved him coming out of College, still love him in the PROs. NATURAL LEADER, he can score and assist. Has size, he is a defensive stopper. He is like a taller Jameer Nelson. He doesn't get as many reps in OKC, but he could shine in a system that would let him start.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Trade back for Bledsoe.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

Maynor would also be my 2nd pick. I really liked him in the draft last year. Plus I believe he'd be fairly ez to get. I'd offer them Lorbek just to see what they'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    I am for Sessions, because he is underrated, young, has upside and could come cheap! I think he had a good season in 2008/2009, which shows that there is room for improvement.

If there is an option to get Jefferson too, this would be a pretty move.

What do you think, is it realistic that such a deal could be done and if yes, who should we give up for those 2?
    Being realistic and living in the world of you have to give to get, and not that I'd want to do it neccesarily, but the most realistic scenario would be

Hibbert/Rush/Murphy

for

Sessions/Jefferson

Despite their stroking of Darko, Troy would give them an upgrade at C and an expiring contract. Rush gives them your swingman talent, which they could use, given their roster, and Roy gives them a future guy

Now remember, this is in the world of being pragmatic and not the "we rape them while they give us their talent" world.

A lineup of Sessions/Jones/Granger/Hansbrough/Jefferson sounds strong to me
    Last edited by Skaut_Ech; 05-19-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like Maynor alot. Plus he is a quality person. I liked him last year. He would be worth at least a shot at the starter spot with Price. Let them compete for it.

Also, Shaun Livingston would be a good guy to bring in on a smaller deal. Think three years and 6-7M. He would be a good option without giving up any assets.

I think Chalmers could be had from Miami. He is a bit out of his realm in Miami with as much as Wade dominates the ball. I think we could allow him to be more of a natural PG here. He is excellent defensively. He and Rush are used to playing with each other and could bring synergy to the backcourt immediately. Plus I think he would be fairly cheap.

Kyle Lowry would be a great guy to take a chance on. Notice... he is a cheap option, who has not really gotten significant minutes because he has always been behind young PG's who have a clear-cut hold on the starting job. Smart player, but a touch short.

Sergio Rodriguez. He can shoot. He can score. He can pass. He can be had for fairly cheap, especially since he wants to start and we have a wide open spot for him there.

Mo Williams if LeBron leaves. Cleveland goes into immediate rebuild mode if LeBron leaves. I wouldn't really care for it, but I am sure Cleveland would listen.

CJ Watson. Good ball-handler. Very good defensively. Takes care of the ball well. Solid shooter. Can score, but won't average 20/game. His assist numbers haven't been great, but I think they would improve immensely if he got significant minutes.

Luke Ridnour. Possibly get him as a one year rental for cheap a la Earl Watson so he has a legit chance at playing time. Solid all-around. Great passer. Solid shooter. Not great defensively.

I like a lot of the cheap options WAY more than those big time contracts for guys who are solid but overpaid for their marginally better talent. Give me CJ Watson or Chalmers, because I see them as the best options for the cost.
    Last edited by pacergod2; 05-19-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ESutt7 View Post

Looking at the contracts between the 2 teams it may be difficult to find a deal that makes sense for both sides. Anyone else try this?
    I looked at it this past season, and Foster for Sessions. That trade can save the T-Wolves 6 mil on Sessions contract. The T-Wolves have the cap to give back 2 mil to the Pacers in a TE.

This trade could be expanded in numerous other ways with the substituting of Ford for Foster. I'd love to see the Pacers and T-Wolves make a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    Being realistic and living in the world of you have to give to get, and not that I'd want to do it neccesarily, but the most realistic scenario would be

Hibbert/Rush/Murphy

for

Sessions/Jefferson

Despite their stroking of Darko, Troy would give them an upgrade at C and an expiring contract. Rush gives them your swingman talent, which they could use, given their roster, and Roy gives them a future guy

Now remember, this is in the world of being pragmatic and not the "we rape them while they give us their talent" world.

A lineup of Sessions/Jones/Granger/Hansbrough/Jefferson sounds strong to me
    You must really like Sessions and Jefferson. Give away one of the 2 most important players on the team in Hibbert? Jones is not a starter. Hansbrough may never be the same.
    Fine, go after Sessions. But don't give away the farm. An expiring and a pick or player would be more than enough.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sessions is interesting. He put up some gaudy numbers a few years ago in Milwaukee, but the Bucks, nor almost every other team, wanted to sign him when he was a free agent last year. I remember reading that his numbers were somewhat fool's gold, and that his defense was atrocious. He didn't have a great year in Minnesota, but I don't take much stock in that--the triangle isn't easy to learn and it's not kind to point guards. I'd take a flier on him, but I wouldn't give up anything more than an expiring contract (probably Foster) to do so.

I definitely wouldn't give up the #10 for Sessions, just trade down and take Bledsoe.

Talking Re: PG you'd most like to see the Pacers trade for...

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Ricky Rubio

Comes over from Europe just as the expiring kick in.

#10 for Rubio & one of the T-wolves later 1st rounders
    I agree 110% .. I would absolutely LOVE to have Rubio in a PAcers Uni .. and I am almost positive that he would welcome the trade (coming to Indiana) with open arms..

But Rubio becoming a Pacer reminds me of this picture

haha
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    You must really like Sessions and Jefferson. Give away one of the 2 most important players on the team in Hibbert? Jones is not a starter. Hansbrough may never be the same.
    Fine, go after Sessions. But don't give away the farm. An expiring and a pick or player would be more than enough.

No, someone asked for a scenario to get Jefferson AND Sessions, so based up their salaries, and what little we know of past negotiations betweent the teams, I gave a possible trade that makes sense from both sides.

And trading Hibbert doesn't mean GIVING him away. Like I said, you have to give to get and considering how extremely high of a PF/C ranking Al has, and that he's viewed as a franchise player (will Hibbert?), it would be potentially trading a promising talent for a very talented established one.

I don't know what more I can do, I used italics and underlining to say I wouldn't neccesarily go for it, but I was giving an example.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    You beat me to the punch.

I have liked and followed Sessions for 3 years, and "IF" I was Bird I'd make a play for him in some type trade scenario that also included the #10 for their #16 & 23 picks. I would have to believe that David Kahn would have listen to an offer like that.
    I love this idea. I think Sessions in underrated and might have a chance to shine here, and picking up two late picks would be great.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports