80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, All star, Point guard,leader

8 10.00%
  • NO,SORRY,CONTRACT...GUN..

72 90.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wizards have John Wall, So will you bring Gilbert Arenas to Indiana

Default Wizards have John Wall, So will you bring Gilbert Arenas to Indiana

I think i will vote yes, i know his contract and gun issue..but..i still think he is a good player and can bring Pacers to the next level.
    Contract? but he is an all star level player...so what do you expect?
    Gun episode? I think he is a hard worker on the basketball court, i didn't heard anything bad from him before(attitude or off court problem),after gun issue....so..he must learn something from it.

Maybe we can take the risk?
    what do you think.

If he can focus on the basketball, it makes no different that we have won the 2010 lottery. We finally have a leader and a all star Point Guard.

High risk High reward right?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Wizards have John Wall, So will you bring Gilbert Arenas to Indiana

Absolutely, positively not.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

After the rest of Indianapolis learns about him from the media.... no way. They still think Ron Artest is a Pacer.

I think and hope he'll come back and play well for the Wizards, but there is no way the Pacers franchise can take that kind of risk.

The Wizards won't trade Arenas, which makes this thread pointless.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Wizards can't trade Arenas, which makes this thread pointless.
    Fixed.

I'm interested to know why you think they won't trade him though.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Is there ANY team that would trade for Arenas?

Here's an interesting question: If another team trades for Arenas, would that new team be allowed to void his contract?

Player's union appeals aside, Arenas would quickly become a favorable trade asset to a cash-strapped team with an ability to void his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Here's an interesting question: If another team trades for Arenas, would that new team be allowed to void his contract?

Player's union appeals aside, Arenas would quickly become a favorable trade asset to a cash-strapped team with an ability to void his contract.
    No I don't really think that's a realistic option anymore, for the Wizards or especially anyone else.

Funny, just like the poll option, I thought CONTRACT before I thought GUN. In fact, I didn't even think GUN until I read it there, even though I just was thinking about that whole mess a couple days ago.

Long story short, no thank you.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Did I really just see the term 'leader' associated with Gilbert Arenas?
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:

Is this a serious question? Have you followed the Pacers the past five seasons?

I think that the incident was blown WAYYYY out of proportion .. Arenas , by all previous accounts , is/was a good guy .. and a great player .. I personally WOULD take the chance on him..
    Arenas paired with Granger , Hibbert , McBob/Tyler and Rush "could" definitely be a 6th seed playoff team imo..

But I wonder if there would be any way that a stipulation could be added in any sort of trade , that "if any off-court incident, or anything like what he pulled in Washington ever occured , his contract could be made null and void" ..

Me personally, I always liked Gilbert , as a person as well as a player ..

Everyone does something stupid AT LEAST ONCE in their lifetime...
    What REALLY matters , is if there is anything LEARNED from that mistake or error in judgement..

I think Arenas was deeply humbled , and we will never hear another bad thing about him again..

It's messed up , you never hear about all the good things a player does , and how genuinely good a person is . But let ONE SINGLE bad things occur , and that person becomes the son of satan himself ..

If Gilbert were some bonehead like David Harrison or Shawn Williams , or even Artest , I would not only say no, but hell no .. But I believe Arenas basketball career is very very VERY salvagable , and is a minor risk (IMO) .. yet VERY High Reward aquisition ..

My main concern and thing AGAINST obtaining him is his contract ..I don't think too many teams have the kind of money to pay for his services... especially small market teams ..

So talent wise and risk wise.. I would be all for getting him..

Contract wise, and "panties-in-a-bunch-fickle fan-wise" ... I'd have to pass..

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

I would not want him just because I think he is not a good locker room presence. Sort of a pre-madonna. He does not strike me as very humble.

But the gun thing would be hilarious here in Indiana. Because we as a state love our guns and our 2nd amendment unless you are black man with a gun, then we just label you as a thug or gang banger. So how would the people of Indiana respond to a rich black man with a huge collection of legally owned firearms moving to Indianapolis.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Mood

I voted no, but because of the contract and uncertainty on how Arenas will play after a year off. I do Admit he would look nice paired with Danny and Roy.

Pacers are cleaning up their image, so absolutely not.

is this a joke?
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm really torn on Arenas. On one hand he's extremely immature with a huge contract. On the other, he's still one of the league's most productive players (23/7/4) and that secondary All-Star we so badly need.

I'd probably say no due to the legal issues, but it's very tempting.

Banned

I think this whole idea is totally absurd, but it did interest me enough to check out what would even be possible, on ESPN's trade machine, due to Gil's hilarious contract.

Arenas for Murphy and Foster works. Too bad Gilbert still has so many years left. I'd love to dump both of those turds.

Sports Logo

Pass....based purely on his contract. He earns Chris Paul-level $$$ and isn't worth it.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    I'm really torn on Arenas. On one hand he's extremely immature with a huge contract. On the other, he's still one of the league's most productive players (23/7/4) and that secondary All-Star we so badly need.

I'd probably say no due to the legal issues, but it's very tempting.
    Arenas is a guy whose game is built around speed and it's now been diminished with his injuries and wear/tear.

He's no longer as efficient as he used to be. I always loved this guy as a player and wished all I could that the Warriors could've kept him in 2002, but his game is worse while his salary has pretty much doubled (from his initial contract with the Wiz, which was a relative bargain).

The Pacers would say no to Gilbert, as would just about every team in the league right now. And I'm not even bringing his off the court issues into play. In reality, I don't think those issues are going to affect his career all that much. Everything I say about him has to do with his reduced effectiveness and increased salary.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Voted no.

Whether the whole gun incident is a big deal or overblown is irrelevant in my opinion.

It's pretty well known that Gilbert thinks pretty highly of himself, and hasn't been the best team player during his career. Me first attitude all the way.

I don't want a player like that on my team, no matter how talented.

Not to mention the stigma he would bring BACK to the Pacers, who have finally turned the corner regarding their image from the Tinsley/Artest/Brawl/ETC... days.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Why wasn't the fact that he has been injured A LOT in his career (major injuries) thrown in to the "NO" category. I'd say that's just as big a factor as anything.
    Grown Man Ball

This thread surely must be a joke.

i'll go so far to say even if he wasn't injury prone, even if he didn't have off court issues, even if he didn't have a big contract. I don't like his game, he's selfish and not a winner
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 05-19-2010 at 08:58 AM.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck
    This thread surely must be a joke.
    Or, if not an outright joke, then at least a notion that belongs in the "Trade Proposals" section rather than here.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)