View Poll Results: Which PG would you want the Pacers to trade for?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Devin Harris

8 8.99%
  • Gilbert Arenas

0 0%
  • Ray Felton (S&T)

4 4.49%
  • Mike Conley

15 16.85%
  • George Hill

5 5.62%
  • Darren Collison

30 33.71%
  • Kirk Hinrich

9 10.11%
  • Monta Ellis

4 4.49%
  • DJ Augustin

1 1.12%
  • Eric Maynor

2 2.25%
  • Ty Lawson

1 1.12%
  • Other (please say who)

10 11.24%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PG you'd most like to see the Pacers trade for...

Default PG you'd most like to see the Pacers trade for...

Who would you most want the Pacers to trade for? I tried to put in some realistic options, feel free to add others to the list.

Banned

Default Re: PG you'd most like to see the Pacers trade for...

I voted for George Hill, which may be the most unrealistic "option" of all.

I voted George Hill, but I honestly don't like anyone on that list for a long term solution. Possibly Mike Conley.

Devin Harris just makes too much and has 3 years left. Yiak.

Gilbert Arenas...get past the off field stuff, hasn't he already had multiple knee surgeries?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Taking into account only guys who could be available, I went with Darren Collison.

Young, talented, productive, a rookie contract and a potentially great defender.

Ricky Rubio

Comes over from Europe just as the expiring kick in.

#10 for Rubio & one of the T-wolves later 1st rounders

I'm not thrilled with the list either, but who else do we think could be available?

Of those available I think I'd want Collison. He had a pretty impressive seasons in the 50 or so games he played 20+ minutes. My only concern is his size. He's really small, so how durable will he be? I'm just not sure what we'd give back to NO, and if we'd have to take on a bad contract.

We could not trade the pick, then try to sign a guy like Chris Duhon or Kyle Lowry as a stopgap.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

CP3?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ricky Rubio

Wolves might do that deal with Flynn, but not Rubio.

I went with "other". I've thought this for a while now and it's been increasingly obvious to me that the best option for us is someone who's fallen off the radar due to the weird, stupid situation in Minnesota.

Ramon Sessions

Minn sends out some really odd messages to some of their players and about their players. They threw money at Al Jefferson, then I was just reading that TPTB publically stated that he's not the star player the franchise needs. huh? Kevin Love will have a great game, then get benched, or play minutes far below what he deserves. They keep jacking with him and I can't figure out why.

Then we have Sessions. Couple Rubio's impeding arrival with Kurt Rambis' odd treatment of him (What does Kurt have against Ramon and Love?) and I think he's an extremely viable option.

I think he's simply a lost man in Minn and typifies a player simply in need of a change of scenery. I think he's become a forgotten man in the media due to where he's playing, but I really like his game and i think he could be a strong option for us as a starting PG. My only knock on him would be his three point range, and given our current state (ahem), that wouldn't fly...but then do we really see JOB being here beyond next year?

(And not to go off on a what if/trade prop, but a big part of me would love it if we could swing a deal for Jefferson, too. I think Sessions/Granger/Jefferson/Hibbert starting group could be phenomenal and a nice cornerstone for the future. It could work for Minn trading them some type of expiring contract package to give them cap flexibility and allowing them to make Rubio the face of the franchise while building around a Rubio/Flynn/Love/this year's pick team. )
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Ricky Rubio

I'm not so sure if they'd do it! Rubio was last years' 5th pick I think...why should they trade it for our 10th? They could get far better offers for him!

However, I've also voted for him, I just think the price would be much higher.
    Thank you Jeff.

Harris
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

I also would like Ricky Rubio, and would be willing to give a lot more than our #10.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tsm612 For This Useful Post:

Devin Harris or Collison
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

I'd say Collison, followed by Felton, then Lawson.

Monte Ellis, by far the best numbers of this group, even though it's inflated playing in Golden State. He adds quickness, second scorer, ability to generate offense and create.

He's entering his prime, his salary is 11 million for 4 years, but after paying Murphy that, I'm okay with it. If you can get him to play any semblence of defense and be a team guy, your in really good shape, imo.

Basically, everything talent-wise you would want, everything age wise you'd want. You just have to see if he'll stay healthy and he's a scoring Point Guard for sure, really not a PG much at all actually, but still.

He finished 7th in Points per game at 25.5.

#2 in Steals per game.

#1 in Minutes per game.

#1 in Turnovers for game (ya)

#20 in Free Throws attempted

Anyway, I think he's an impact player that you could actually have a really good chance to get and instantly upgrades the talent on the team and addresses many of the problems.

Sure I'd rather have a pure point guard, but compared to what's available, I pick Ellis.

Rubio is the only guy on that list, I'm really intrigued by.

Well, I don't want to trade good pieces for a PG with a ceiling of "solid starter" because I truly believe Price has that ceiling as well. So, unless we're trading an expiring and Price for a different PG with a ceiling of "solid starter" It'd be stupid to do so. Because I don't want to give up Rush (in all likeliehood) for someone not going to end up much better than AJ. That's just me though.

So with that said, honestly, I think now would be the time to push for Chris Paul. They are overrating Collison right now, IMO. Paul has shown to be relatively injury prone, and they really really really want to get rid of Okafor's contract.

So we take Paul and Okafor, give them back two expirings in Murphy and Ford (back up positions for the positions they lost) #10 and Rush. On the surface, it appears highly skewed in favor of the Pacers. But I think NO has extremely high expectations for Collison, and doesn't believe they'd be able to keep both him and Paul and probably would want the cheaper one, wants to desperatly unload Okafor's contract...and actually wants to reduce they're payroll..which this trade does a lot of. Then they have a young piece in Rush and #10 plus their first round pick.

Is that the equivalent of saying Granger and Murphy for Peja and Posey, #11, and Julian Wright?

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Well, I don't want to trade good pieces for a PG with a ceiling of "solid starter" because I truly believe Price has that ceiling as well. So, unless we're trading an expiring and Price for a different PG with a ceiling of "solid starter" It'd be stupid to do so. Because I don't want to give up Rush (in all likeliehood) for someone not going to end up much better than AJ. That's just me though.

So with that said, honestly, I think now would be the time to push for Chris Paul. They are overrating Collison right now, IMO. Paul has shown to be relatively injury prone, and they really really really want to get rid of Okafor's contract.

So we take Paul and Okafor, give them back two expirings in Murphy and Ford (back up positions for the positions they lost) #10 and Rush. On the surface, it appears highly skewed in favor of the Pacers. But I think NO has extremely high expectations for Collison, and doesn't believe they'd be able to keep both him and Paul and probably would want the cheaper one, wants to desperatly unload Okafor's contract...and actually wants to reduce they're payroll..which this trade does a lot of. Then they have a young piece in Rush and #10 plus their first round pick.
    I like your idea, Sookie, but CP is in rarified air, so methinks we'd have to sweeten the pot with, say, an additional (future) #1. If NO were to agree, I'd help lead the celebration.

OMG!!

NO team gives up the face of their franchise in his prime for 2 one year rentals, a #10 pick and Rush all in the name of cap space.

NO has no problem keeping Collison AND Paul. Collison is on a rookie contract. Pocket change. Both of their contracts don't expire for three years. By that point, every player on their roster will have had their contract expire, except Okafor.

Would you give up Granger for the package you proposed? They wouldn't give up Paul.

They may move Okafor. They may move West. NO ONE would be stupid enough to trade Paul because they think the new guy might be as good. If nothing else they can build with Paul and Collison in a Joe Dumars/Isiah relationship.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

might need to add randy foye to this list, though i doubt anybody would vote for him.

:booprivatepoll:

Conley. He's not great at anything, but he's good at everything. And he's still improving.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Ricky Rubio

That would be a great trade for the Pacers, but not a realistic one for the T-Wolves. David Kahn would laugh and hang up on Bird with that offer. If Kahn chooses to trade Rubio, he'll get more than that for Rubio not to mention having to throw in another 1st for the opportunity to get a #10 pick from the Pacers.

Since it's now unlikely that the Nets are gonna move Harris, my second choice is Collison.

Collison plays like a superstar when he's playing over 40 minutes which shouldn't be an issue if it's just AJ backing him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    OMG!!

NO team gives up the face of their franchise in his prime for 2 one year rentals, a #10 pick and Rush all in the name of cap space.

NO has no problem keeping Collison AND Paul. Collison is on a rookie contract. Pocket change. Both of their contracts don't expire for three years. By that point, every player on their roster will have had their contract expire, except Okafor.

Would you give up Granger for the package you proposed? They wouldn't give up Paul.

They may move Okafor. They may move West. NO ONE would be stupid enough to trade Paul because they think the new guy might be as good. If nothing else they can build with Paul and Collison in a Joe Dumars/Isiah relationship.
    Depends on what they want to do really. The NBA is far more about business then about the players.

They can keep Collison and Paul now, but not once Collison gets off his rookie contract. People are assuming Collison is available, well I'm saying I think there's a possibility that they'd rather give up Paul, get a ton of cap space and rebuild. Particularly since it's been pretty clear that NO wants to reduce the pay roll. The real equation is, is Collison + 10th pick, + Rush + plus losing Okafor's massive contract worth the loss of Paul. I don't know. I'd guess that a team could give them more for just Paul, but I don't know if that team would be willing to take on Okafor's contract as well..which would be the whole point. But honestly, it really depends on how high they value Collison..just from the fans I've seen, seems they'd rather give up Paul.

And I'm just saying, I don't want to give up good young pieces for a PG that will barely be an upgrade on Price. Unless the young piece you give away is Price..then that makes more sense..but giving away our future SG/sixth man for a slight upgrade over Price is kind of dumb.
    Last edited by Sookie; 05-19-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post

Then we have Sessions. Couple Rubio's impeding arrival with Kurt Rambis' odd treatment of him (What does Kurt have against Ramon and Love?) and I think he's an extremely viable option.

I think he's simply a lost man in Minn and typifies a player simply in need of a change of scenery. I think he's become a forgotten man in the media due to where he's playing, but I really like his game and i think he could be a strong option for us as a starting PG. My only knock on him would be his three point range, and given our current state (ahem), that wouldn't fly...but then do we really see JOB being here beyond next year?

You beat me to the punch.

I have liked and followed Sessions for 3 years, and "IF" I was Bird I'd make a play for him in some type trade scenario that also included the #10 for their #16 & 23 picks. I would have to believe that David Kahn would have listen to an offer like that.