F Jason Smith

PHI gets:
    G Dahntay Jones
    G Kevin Martin
    F Shane Battier

HOU gets:
    F Andre Iguodala
    G T.J. Ford
    I like the creativity. Pretty good for everyone involved.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PHI/HOU 3-way

I don't see why Houston and Philly would include us in this deal. We really don't add anything different to the deal. I think the general deal makes some sense, because I like Iggy alot more than Martin, especially for the money. I don't know if Houston would even consider dealing Battier though. Team captain and leader on his last year at a reasonable contract. And he is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see why Houston and Philly would include us in this deal. We really don't add anything different to the deal. I think the general deal makes some sense, because I like Iggy alot more than Martin, especially for the money. I don't know if Houston would even consider dealing Battier though. Team captain and leader on his last year at a reasonable contract. And he is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.
    It's a very good deal for Philly because they're also getting rid of Williams' contract and getting players they need in return. Both Holiday and Williams are 2 PGs who can start and be leaders for a team.

I think Houston gets rid of Battier's expiring contract for TJ's and they're saving 2M. Iguodala can help that team out in many ways. He has similar defensive skills as Battier, but shows aggression when driving towards the basket for dunks.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They gave up they 7th pick in the draft (Rudy Gay) for Battier. That's how highly the Rockets think of him. Battier is a bargain at 6M. TJ Ford is a huge downgrade from Battier and even though I don't care for Martin, he is not that huge of a downgrade from Iggy. You just get different things from them.

As for Lou Williams, Philly really likes him. They love his ability to score off the bench and think he has potential as a starting PG, but they took Holiday because he was best avilable at that point. Williams doesn't make that much money for the caliber of a player the Sixers consider him. I just think this deal would get pared down to mainly just include Martin and Iggy, which makes sense in theory for both teams. I like the basics of the deal, I just don't think the Pacers would be involved is all.

I would think the Sixers are hoping to draft Wes Johnson and that would make Iggy a very nice trade piece since they have Thaddeus Young at SF as well and Johnson would fit the SG spot much better than Iggy does. I bet the Sixers would look to deal Brand and Iggy as a package. That might be a really good combo in a deal to the Nets if they miss out in free agency. I am going to throw out a trade between NJ and Philly that we might be able to get in on the after effects or as a third team.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    As for Lou Williams, Philly really likes him. They love his ability to score off the bench and think he has potential as a starting PG, but they took Holiday because he was best avilable at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Both Holiday and Williams are 2 PGs who can start and be leaders for a team.
    How did Louis Williams as starting PG work out for Philly this year?

The main difference between Philly this year and Philly last year was the loss of Andre Miller. Louis Williams is not a starting PG, and there's a pretty good chance that he's not going to develop into one either.

Other than subtracting Ford from the roster, this trade does nothing worthwhile for the Pacers.

Also, I'll be shocked if Battier doesn't retire a Rocket.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie