http://host.madison.com/sports/footb...cc4c03286.html

Packers: Jennings has cameo role on CBS show Wednesday

* Story
* Discussion

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Madison.com sports | Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 1:54 pm | No Comments Posted

Greg Jennings will be on CBS again Wednesday night, but this time he won't be wearing football equipment and facing an AFC foe.

The Green Bay Packers receiver makes his network acting debut with a cameo appearance as a lab technician on the drama Criminal Minds, which airs at 8 p.m. locally on WISC/Ch. 3.

Jennings appears in one scene and has a few speaking lines with cast member Shemar Moore (agent Derek Morgan).

"When you think about a lab technician, you think about the long white coat and glasses and everything, and that's what I was thinking," Jennings told Packers.com, the team's official site. "But it's more along the lines of me in the (forensics team) jumpsuit, taking the (dead) bodies out.

"When the police discover a body, they call in the lab techs, and they come out, zip the bodies up and take them away. That was me."

Jennings flew to Hollywood in March to shoot his scene, and said he was given the royal treatment. He was given his own trailer, with "Head Lab Tech -- Jennings" over the door, and cast members wore Packers gear and provided some acting tips.

"It was fun, it was fun," Jennings said. "I was going in letting them know this is not what I do. I'm on the football field. That's me, that's my domain. But the cast members were great, giving me feedback. They opened their arms and helped me as much as possible and tried to make me look as good as possible."

The appearance on Criminal Minds has been in the works for a couple of years, since Jennings was introduced to the show's producer by a CBS executive.

Jennings apparently doesn't plan on making acting a regular thing, but did tell Packers.com he is in discussions to make an appearance on BET's The Game, a show about a fictitious professional football team.