Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lawrence Taylor has been arrested for rape

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Lawrence Taylor has been arrested for rape

Heh, when I initially looked at the thread title, all I could think was, "Again?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6249691

Lawrence Taylor reacts to sentenceEmail Print Comments318 ESPNNewYork.com

During an interview after he was sentenced to six years' probation on Tuesday, Lawrence Taylor made no apologies for visiting a prostitute.

Speaking to Shepard Smith on Fox, Taylor did say that he did not look for an underage girl. The victim in the case was 16 at the time of the incident last May. In January, he pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct and patronizing a prostitute to avoid jail time.

[+] EnlargeMike Coppola/Getty Images
    Lawrence Taylor leaves Rockland County Courthouse on Tuesday after his sentencing. He did not speak in court but later lashed out in a TV interview.
    "That's not my M.O. I've been around kids and people all my life," said Taylor, a former New York Giants Hall of Fame linebacker. "I'm not the cause of prostitution. And sometimes I make mistakes and I may go out there, but I didn't pick her up at no playground. She wasn't hiding behind the school bus or getting off a school bus. This is a working girl that came to my room. And I don't know what her age was. I asked her age. She told me she was 19. It is what it is."

Taylor blamed the institution of prostitution for the fact that he ended up with an underage girl.

"It's the world of prostitution," he said to Fox. "You never know what you're gonna get. Is it gonna be a pretty girl, an ugly girl or whatever it's gonna be."

Or a young girl? Shepard asked.

"You can only ask," Taylor said. "I don't card them. I don't ask for birth certificate."

Taylor said he had "no beef" with the girl.

"I'll take my punishment like I should, but my problem is at home with my wife, so that's really the only one I have to answer to," he said.

How did he get in this situation in the first place?

"It happens sometimes," Taylor said. "I'd been on the road 10 or 11 days and I came in to town. Actually, I made a phone call to a friend of mine, and he made a phone call."

Taylor said he has used the services of prostitutes in the past, especially between 1994 and 2001 when he was not married.

"I'm not looking for a relationship. Hey, sometimes I look for some company," Taylor said. "It's all clean. I don't have to worry about your feelings. It's all clean. I'm not saying it's right. It's the oldest profession in the world."

But right or wrong, Taylor appears to not consider prostitution a serious crime.

"I guess you call it a crime," he said. "It's one of those crimes you don't think about. You never think you're gonna get busted because everyone does it until you get busted, and then it's more embarrassing than anything else."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/29/rashee...omments-anchor

LT Pimp Pleads Guilty to Sex Trafficking
    3/29/2011 3:00 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

One week after Lawrence Taylor escaped jail time ... the pimp who set him up with a 16-year-old prostitute is pleading guilty to one count of sex trafficking for profit.

Rasheed Davis (left) struck the deal and entered his plea today in Manhattan Federal Court. We don't know terms of the deal, but maximum sentence for the crime is 30 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Davis' sentencing is scheduled for August. He's currently being held in federal custody.

Last week Taylor got six years probation for sexual misconduct and patronizing a prostitute.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/10/lawren...omments-anchor

Celebrity Justice8/10/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF.Lawrence Taylor
    Underage Prostitute Furious
    Claims LT Should Be JAILED

Lawrence Taylor's underage prostitute says she's "appalled" the NFL legend wasn't thrown behind bars after he plead guilty to soliciting sex with her last year.

18-year-old Christina Fierro -- repped by Gloria Allred -- spoke out today during a news conference in New York before her former pimp Rasheed Davis was set to be sentenced for sex trafficking.

But Fierro and Allred expressed their outrage with prosecutors over the LT case -- claiming he "should have been sentenced to jail time ... not probation ... for the crimes he committed."

LT was sentenced to 6 years probation after pleading guilty to sexual misconduct and soliciting a prostitute.

Allred claims LT's sentence "sends the wrong message to the buyers who provide the profit to commercial sex traffickers who sell the bodies of children for sex."

4:48 PM: Rasheed Davis was sentenced to 7 years in prison in New York. Earlier in the day, Allred told us she was hoping the judge would sentence Davis to 10 years

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I got as far as "Gloria Allred" and immediately stopped. What a waste of skin.