Thread: Promising News Regarding Erazem Lorbek

Default Promising News Regarding Erazem Lorbek

Hello all this is my first post here on pacersdigest. Ive been a long time lurker and finally now have realized I should start talking Pacers ball with you all.

I found this article on nbadraft.net and it mentioned Erazem Lorbek. Found some encouraging news regarding his developing game. After this painful to watch season, its nice to have SOME encouraging news.

"Erazem Lorbek is becoming one of Europe’s best inside forces"

http://www.nbadraft.net/content/2010...l-four-preview

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CircleCity3318 For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Promising News Regarding Erazem Lorbek

Welcome aboard...thanks

Welcome.

Lorbek becoming an interior force in European ball raises a question. Europe is certainly sent some fine players into the NBA, yet also some busts.

Would it be fair to say that shooting translates well from Europe to the US, but that ball handling, defense and interior play are less certain to make the jump?

I'm not just looking for examples (Peja and Dirk are successful shooters, Ilgauskas a successful interior presence) but thoughts on the differences in the European game (which I never watch).
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thanks for the article...too bad we don't have the rights to Rubio as well. And also, welcome to the forum.

Welcome Aboard!

I have a dumb question that I should know the answer to. Do the pacers still own his rights? And if they do for how long? I seem to remember that a team that drafts a player owns their rights as long as they stay outside the NBA - am I wrong about that

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a dumb question that I should know the answer to. Do the pacers still own his rights? And if they do for how long? I seem to remember that a team that drafts a player owns their rights as long as they stay outside the NBA - am I wrong about that

Yes, they still have his rights. No time limit. The Pacers own his NBA rights and can sign or trade him.

Think of Fran Vasquez who the Magic drafted in the 1st round years ago that wouldn't come to the NBA. Messed the Magic over, but they still own his NBA rights.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 05-06-2010 at 10:13 AM.

The tricky thing about Lorbek is that nobody really thinks he'll be more than a good backup in the NBA. That doesn't really help us, because we're pretty well-stocked with backup PFs. We need a starter, not more backups.

Nothing against Lorbek, here. I'm glad he's playing well. But there's only so many backup PF minutes to go around... we don't really have a place for Lorbek right now.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Yes, the Pacers own his rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Coon
    If the player is already under contract to, or signs a contract with a non-NBA team, the team retains the player's draft rights for one year after the player's obligation to the non-NBA team ends. Essentially, the clock stops as long as the player plays pro ball outside the NBA. Players are not included in the team's team salary during the regular season while the player is under contract with a non-NBA team.

Jim would make Lorbek the new starting center immediatly if he joined the Pacers, Jim would love him almost as much as Murphy as he can spread the floor and shoot the three...

But why would Lorbek want to join the Pacers? He is on one of, if not the best Euro teams, and he will make more money there than anything the Pacers would pay him.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    The tricky thing about Lorbek is that nobody really thinks he'll be more than a good backup in the NBA. That doesn't really help us, because we're pretty well-stocked with backup PFs. We need a starter, not more backups.

Nothing against Lorbek, here. I'm glad he's playing well. But there's only so many backup PF minutes to go around... we don't really have a place for Lorbek right now.

Amen my friend

I cant stress this enough that we have a team full of role players and unless we get another equal to or better than Granger, we will swim in mediocrity for years

But welcome to the board and nice first post
    Sittin on top of the world!

Apparently the Pacers have some scouts in Europe checking out his game right now. I don't see how he fits on our current roster with our backup PF logjam, but it's nice to know he's been developing. I think his rights sound like a good trading chip.

Did I dream this up or did Brunner last off season or sometime back not state that the Pacers have no real intention of ever bringing either Lorbak or Stanko over?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Did I dream this up or did Brunner last off season or sometime back not state that the Pacers have no real intention of ever bringing either Lorbak or Stanko over?
    This was my impression.

And if they do, then that's even more reason not to draft a PF this year (or last year)...

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I don't believe so but I so remember mentions of frustration with Lorbek's rate of progress, according to Bird.

There was talk a couple of offseasons ago that the Pacers would be making a decision soon on Lorbek, but I'm sure that was put on hold due to his sudden progression (at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by CircleCity3318 View Post
    Hello all this is my first post here on pacersdigest. Ive been a long time lurker and finally now have realized I should start talking Pacers ball with you all.

I found this article on nbadraft.net and it mentioned Erazem Lorbek. Found some encouraging news regarding his developing game. After this painful to watch season, its nice to have SOME encouraging news.

"Erazem Lorbek is becoming one of Europe’s best inside forces"

http://www.nbadraft.net/content/2010...l-four-preview
    I need a Stanko update.

Quote Originally Posted by funcity_pacers View Post
    I need a Stanko update.
    doesnt his team have him locked for a long time?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Welcome to the board

I think it would be hilarious for a European player to be drafted, traded like 10 times and never even come over. Has anything like this happened before?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Hey guys, i am a big Lorbek fan and just lurked the Pacers boards about him. Honestly it is odd to me that most NBA teams or fans are hyped about a player they have stashed over in Europe but the pacers really aren't all that interested in Lorbek at all, even though he is a top 3 Big man in Europe.

It might just be because of the Saras thing you guys went through, and i am really sorry about that, but when you got Saras he was old, and when he returned to Europe he wasn't much better then he was in the NBA, he just got worse thats all.

Lorbek IMO could be great in the NBA, the only down side to him is his athleticism which is on Scola's level, and he is doing just fine in the NBA. He has better handles, better passing, light years better footwork, BBIQ,a much better shot, and a lot more post moves... He is however not as strong as Scola...

His stats this year in the Euroleague wern't as good as last year, but that's because his coach likes to rotate his players play all 12 players, and is in love with his guards, but hey it worked for him they won the Euroleague, so what can i say...

Here is a mix of the first few games at last years Eurbasket i made of Lorbek, in the vids he is playing agains both Gasol bros, Gortat he is toying with Gortat, Lampe, the Lavrinovich bros, Pops Mensa Bonsu etc. All phenomenal Euroleague or NBA players, but Lorbek makes them look like JV players...Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoWW_E5BRBU

Well just an update. Lorbek is playing in the ACB leagu final.

The second game is today if anyone wants to see it. its in 5 hours i think that would be 1pm Indianapolis time. If you wanna watch Lorbek play you can do it at this link:

http://acb360.orange.es/diferidos/LACB/54/329

Its a perfectly legal link as its the official site of the ACB league.