Thread: Video: Fear the Deer is no longer just a motto

Default Video: Fear the Deer is no longer just a motto

Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15n8P...layer_embedded

Video: 'Fear the Deer' is no longer just a motto

By Trey Kerby

Even though they were just ousted from the playoffs, you can still hop on the Milwaukee Bucks' "Fear the Deer" bandwagon for next year. If you're looking for a reason to be afraid of the cuddly animals, here are two big ones. You'll notice them crashing through the glass doors of the Stout Ale House in Menomonie, Wis., during the Bucks' season-ending Game 7 loss to the Atlanta Hawks. Not so cuddly.

Yeah, that's scary. No humans were hurt, and the only deer injury was that of the lead blocker who got a bit cut up, which is bound to happen after charging through thick glass.

Owner Jeff Oullette wasn't too upset. In fact, he was downright bemused by the whole situation.

"I think they just lost their bearings and got startled," he said. "I've seen this happen on TV before, but I never thought it would happen around here. It was pretty amusing."

Amusing is one way of looking at it, I guess. And if he's that happy, maybe Oullette should make this a promotion during every Bucks game. Sure, the price tag might be a little steep — it'll cost several thousand dollars to repair the glass — but think of all the fans who would love a face-to-face encounter with a real deer while watching their favorite team.

Milwaukee fans are already super excited about how their team broke through this year, and they love how the Bucks pound the glass. I'm sure they'd be pretty happy to really embrace the spirit of "Fear the Deer."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,238354

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Video: Fear the Deer is no longer just a motto

How ironic was that? Crazy story.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Default Re: Video: Fear the Deer is no longer just a motto

They were talking about that on First Take yesterday and how the Bucks FO wanted to turn this into a marketing gimmick of sorts.