Thread: Former Pacer Detlef Schrempf to appear on "Parks & Recreation" May 6

Default Former Pacer Detlef Schrempf to appear on "Parks & Recreation" May 6

Never watched the show but I might for this or at least catch it on YT

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...on-with-Pacers

Schrempf on TV: Former Pacer Detlef Schrempf will appear on the NBC comedy show "Parks and Recreation" on May 6.

Schrempf's previous experience on television consisted of an appearance on "Married with Children" and a German soap opera, according to the website Zap2it.com.

"For a guy who literally never acted before in his life, he was really funny," executive producer Michael Schur said at NBC's summer media day Monday.

Default Re: Former Pacer Detlef Schrempf to appear on "Parks & Recreation" May 6

Here's an article explaining the episode (contains spoilers)

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-schrempf.html

Default Re: Former Pacer Detlef Schrempf to appear on "Parks & Recreation" May 6

Parks and Rec is one of the funniest shows on Television - and getting Detlef only affirms my love for it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nerveghost For This Useful Post:

Brilliant concept. Someone like Reggie Miller or Jalen Rose would be far too popular and smooth for this to work. Detlef is just an awkward enough sports celebrity to make this work.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They do a pretty good job of referencing the Pacers, Colts, and Hoosiers in the show. Great show, love it even more cause it's in Indy. (And because it has Rashida Jones)

One of my favorite Indiana jokes from the show:

"You bought a timeshare...in Muncie???"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nerveghost For This Useful Post:

http://www.detlef.com/subcontent.aspx?SecID=76

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

PHOTO OPPORTUNITY / MEDIA ALERT
    VIEWING PARTY: DETLEF SCHREMPF APPEARS ON

NBC’S PARKS AND RECREATION

WHAT: Viewing party of Parks and Recreation episode featuring Detlef Schrempf

WHO: Detlef and Mari Schrempf, Detlef Schrempf Foundation

WHEN: Thursday, May 6, 2010
    7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
    (Program airs at 8:30 p.m.)

WHERE: Fox Sports Grille
    VIP Lounge – space is limited
    1522 6th Ave
    Seattle, Wash.
    (206) 340-1369

DETAILS: Detlef Schrempf filmed in an episode of NBC’s Park and Recreation which will broadcast May 6, 2010 at 8:30 p.m. Detlef played for the Indiana Pacers from 1988-1993. The storyline is about how a former NBA star is coming back to fictional Pawnee, Indiana for a Parks and Recreation fundraiser.

Detlef attended the University of Washington, earning All PAC-10 honors. The Dallas Mavericks selected him with the eighth overall pick in the 1985 NBA draft. His 16 year career brought him back to the Northwest to play for the Seattle Supersonics and Portland Trailblazers.

The Detlef Schrempf Foundation has generated an enormous amount of interest and support for the local community through a variety of fundraising events including golf tournaments, gala auctions, celebrity dinners, family festivals, benefit concerts, basketball tournaments and basketball camps – not to mention numerous personal appearances and autograph sessions. To date, the Detlef Schrempf Foundation has raised nearly $10 million for charities and another $2 million in trade relationships.

Direct: 206-957-4260
    Cell: 206-910-9797
    E-mail: hamiltonm@greenrubino.com

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

AWESOME

2nd favorite Pacer ever (after Jax)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AWESOME

2nd favorite Pacer ever (after Jax)
    By that I'm PRAYING you mean MARK Jackson.....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I haven't watched Parks & Rec since the pilot and the first few episodes.

I liked Amy Poehler on SLN and liked Rashida Jones on the Office, but I thought P&R was just awful, not even remotely funny, painfully unfunny.

Maybe it got better in season 2.

I'll have to watch it again just to see Detlef, I was always a big fan.

"Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Give it another chance, Hoop. I'm pretty picky on my TV watching, and P&R is a winner. I wasn't crazy about the pilot either, but I stuck with it. Ron Freaking Swanson is the man (Nick Offerton)

Citizen: So your department banned me from attending games just because I yell "you suck" at the players.
    Ron: According to the complaint, you yelled it at 5-year-old girls.
    Citizen: Who suck! Why is that so hard to understand!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nerveghost For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post

I liked Amy Poehler on SLN and liked Rashida Jones on the Office, but I thought P&R was just awful, not even remotely funny, painfully unfunny.

I actually was the same way. I hated the first few episodes. It got better though once they made Andy a more predominant character. He is just hilarious. Plus, his character is a big Colts fan, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    I actually was the same way. I hated the first few episodes. It got better though once they made Andy a more predominant character. He is just hilarious. Plus, his character is a big Colts fan, so yeah.

I hope they didn't have an episode devoted to the Colts SB loss

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

I have heard a lot of people say that but it really improved leaps and bounds especially in season 2. Rod Swanson and Andy are by far the funniest characters on the show. I think it has surpassed the Office, which is getting kind of stale recently.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

I thought P&R was just awful, not even remotely funny, painfully unfunny.

I rarely get completely turned off of any sitcom within the first two episodes, but I could not even get through the second episode without simply deleting it and never considering recording or watching it again. Then again, I lost interest in "The Office" after 5 or 6 episodes, too, and from the way that the commercials look for both, there is at least a passing similarity of tone and delivery for both shows.

But, obviously, there are lots of people who like them both, so what do I know? To each, his own!

FWIW, for Indiana based sitcoms, I really like "The Middle".

For Det the Threat, though, I will probably find the episode he is in on YT or Hulu or something and watch it just to see how he does.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    I have heard a lot of people say that but it really improved leaps and bounds especially in season 2. Rod Swanson and Andy are by far the funniest characters on the show. I think it has surpassed the Office, which is getting kind of stale recently.
    Pretty much jumped the shark once Pam and Jim got engaged.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Pretty much jumped the shark once Pam and Jim got engaged.
    Well that was more or less how the British version ended... probably the logical conclusion point, but we let our shows go on too long in this country. Just look at "The Simpsons". Absolute shell of its former self and has been for years.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

Saw the episode Detlef was pretty funny and you never would've thought so either. Aziz Ansari is by far the funniest one on the show otherwise it seemed rather meh to me.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Saw the episode Detlef was pretty funny and you never would've thought so either. Aziz Ansari is by far the funniest one on the show otherwise it seemed rather meh to me.
    Aziz in general is hilarious. His stand-up special on Comedy Central was amazing.

Aziz in general is hilarious. His stand-up special on Comedy Central was amazing.
    Not a huge Aziz fan. Andy and Ron "*****ing" Swanson carry the show for me.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

By that I'm PRAYING you mean MARK Jackson.....
    Jax - Mark Jackson, greatest Pacer ever

Jack - Stephen Jackson, moderately okay Pacer with iffy shot selection, knack for techs and foolishly railroaded out of town, the outcome of which was to destroy the Pacers with the Murphleavy contract/playoff track record.

I have to defend Jack quite often, but I love Jax 100 fold more. And I consider any variation of Jax as applied to Stephen to be Pacers heresy. Jax2 included.

BTW, more on Detlef - Pearl Jam's opening act was Band of Horses and they played a song they call....Detlef Schrempf. I wish I'd known before I went so I could have worn my jersey.

Good time to also rant about my never ending desire to get a 2nd DVD of Pacers games that would include game 4 vs Boston 92, Pacers win on dual Chuck/Reggie onslaught, and one of Detlef's great games, ie one of his triple double nights maybe.

We don't have enough great footage of Detlef with the Pacers out there. Even Rik gets his game with the Reggie 8/8.9 game since Rik carried the team most of the game.

I want to see Det, Chuck, and maybe some Michael Williams action. I mean you'll still have Reggie in there too.

Younger fans don't realize that there was a time that Detlef was a bad a** Pacer.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post: