Thread: Do you hangout with your co-workers?

Default Do you hangout with your co-workers?

With so many comments lately about how JO extended his brotherly love offer to Artest to hangout with the guys but he declined I wonder how many people on the forum hangout with their co-workers?

I consider them my friends and yes we have met up a few times after work during the year, but NOT that often. I have a family that I would rather spend time with. I think the Ron is anti social bit has been over played.

So how close are you to your co-workers?

You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Do you hangout with your co-workers?

Nope. Not that I don't like em, but all we have in common is work. I don't wanna hang with em and have to discuss work. My interests and theirs just differ too much.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope. Not that I don't like em, but all we have in common is work. I don't wanna hang with em and have to discuss work. My interests and theirs just differ too much.
    What, talking about Zyprexa and Evista isn't fun for you?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

No I don't. I work in a somewhat large office and I have a few friends in the office, but I don't even hang out with them outside of the office.

A basketball team might be a little different although I don't know why I say that.

The fact that Ron does not hang out with his teammates, means nothign to me, I don't care if he does or not

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nope my coworkers arent TEAM PLAYERS.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

RimBender

Yah I hang out with my co-workers all the time, but I'm younger then most of ya'll, so its probably different for you "older fellers" (hehe...j/p).

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No I don't hang out with my co-workers. It's kind of like the Seinfeld episode where everyone's "worlds" were colliding. George's girlfriend was doing stuff with Elaine and hanging out with them. It's kind of spooky and a lot more harm can come from it than good.

As for Artest, I agree that his 'not wanting to hang out' is overblown. Is JO married? How about Bender? Al? Those are the guys who wanted Artest to hang out but Ron wanted to be at home with his family. What is so wrong with that? I think many of us would rather hang out with our family than our co-workers.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Yes, I believe Jermaine is married, or is engaged. All I know for sure is that he has a daughter with the woman.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

You're assuming that we all have friends, period.

I'm only partially kidding, of course.

We actually get a decent amount of pressure to "hang out" with our co-workers. Of course, during boom times, one of the so-called perks of life in the Big 4 is drinking after work or having a liquid lunch on the company's or client's dime, so in the name of "team building" and from the mid-life crisis the partners, there is some pressure.

I'm a little older than most of my peers, and have a family to go home to, so I'm usually the first one to leave. But I usually will put in an appearance (provided, of course, that it doesn't interfere with a Pacers game.)

As a college athlete, I remember spending a lot of free time just hanging out in the lockerroon, training room, weight roon, or gym lobby with my teammates. I actually don't equate these guys to college students. These guys have to spend a lot of time running around taking care of personal business - endorsements, public appearances, spending time with all thier children and thier children's various mothers ( ), which also puts pressure on how much time they've got to "hang out".
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Nerd.
    Mood

No. I don't hang out with my co-workers. Some are cool. I don't share the same interests with most of them.

I do go to lunch with some of them, but that's about the extent of that.

A laboratory usually harbors many distinct personalities and lives.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

One difference between the pros and us common folk tho. They can't hang out in society much because of the "celebrity" factor. They can't do "normal" things without being gawked at and harassed. So their hanging out may actually be more "your crib or mine" sorta situations.

I do remember seeing the ABA PAcer's hanging together alot. I remrmber especially one night at an Indiana Central bball game, half the team showed up in ONE car (sedan at that). They came to the game for who knows what reason, but there they were all piling out of the one car. Funny to see all those long legs hanging out the doors as they all tried to get out at the same time. BTW. Indiana Central was the site of Pre-season camp then...now called the Uni of Indianapolis for the unknowing.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I don't hang with my co-workers other than the occational lunch but most of my co-workers are older than me and while I have a family like many of them I still play sports and video games and such while they seem to do more adult things like go to craft fairs or volunteer in political campaigns.

My buddy is a bouncer at a metro Detroit club. During the season (so far only once in the offseason) many of the Pistons frequent the place. Rasheed and Billups have also thrown parties on seperate occasions there. From his stories (I've never happened to be there when any of them have come) they usually come in groups of 2 - 5.

I do. I work with 3 ppl that I consider good friends. One I knew before the job, and two I met there.

Eew, yuk. My co-workers are all probation officers and they're a weird bunch - myself excepted, of course.

I can relate to Ron in the "family man" aspect. I never thought I'd say it, but I can't wait to get home and play with my two year old daughter. I've got a four month old boy, too, but babies don't do much for me. Talk to me in about eight months, though. Lots more fun than hanging around talking shop.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy