Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Tbird analysis: Hidden gems/under the radar trade targets for the summer of 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tbird analysis: Hidden gems/under the radar trade targets for the summer of 2010

Hello again everyone...it is good to find time to write again.

Tonight I want to discuss some potential under the radar trade targets I believe the Pacers front office should be looking at this spring and summer. I'm going to try and pick out guys that I think would fit our long term best interests, and that won't necessarily be people that you've may have thought about. I'll try and give my reasoning why I think each player would be a good fit for us as I go along. Hopefully some of the rest of you may have your own "hidden gems" that you've seen on teams around the league that might be good players to try and target. Donnie Walsh was able to do this years ago with the trade for Jermaine O'Neal, so we know it can be done...let's see if we can identify some players who could shine here that maybe we can try and obtain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PG Rodrigue Beaubois of the Dallas Mavericks

Beaubois played sparingly for Rick Carlisle this season, and is blocked for playing time by future hall of famer Jason Kidd.

Beaubois may not have played much, but he made an impression on me whenever I saw him take the floor. He is an athletic freak, with a giant wingspan and I think huge potential upside with enough playing time.

He has a French background, and was a second round draft pick in last June's draft. Playing in limited minutes, this year he scored 7.1 pts per game in the 56 games he appeared in. His ability to score translated well, as his shooting numbers are very impressive. 51.8% from the field, 80.8% from the line, and 40.9% from three point range.

His ridiculous athleticism is what I am intrigued by though. He looks extremely quick to me on the ball defensively, and I think he projects to be a really good defender in the future as he figures out how to play with the God given talents he has. I keep mentioning his wingspan for a reason, as I believe he has the wingspan of almost 7 ft if the reports I remember from last years draft are correct. This means in the future, even if he slows down after he adds more weight (which he needs to do) he will always be able to contest shots and keep people in front of him defensively. Offensively that kind of reach gives him the ability to rise up and shoot over people in traffic.

Dallas is in win immediately mode I think, with no time to worry about developing Beaubois. This is a PG I think teams should really try and acquire from the desperate Mavs, and I'd love the Pacers to try and target him somehow this summer.

Chicago's Kirk Hinrich isn't exactly hidden, but I think he is drastically under valued as a player in the eye of the public, so therefore he makes my list.

Hinrich is one of my favorite players in the league to watch play from a defensive perspective. Simply put, I think he puts as much effort to playing the right way a point guard should from a DEFENSIVE perspective as any player in the league. Hinrich excels at a skill I value highly, which is putting pressure on in the backcourt dribble without getting beaten. I think Hinrich is a way above average defensive point guard, though I am not sure he is viewed that way by everyone.

Is he a great point guard offensively? No, probably not. But he is very functional, and I think he is great at getting you into your offensive set play. He isn't flashy and he doesn't make the wow play, but he makes the simple play very well. I like that he runs the pick and roll well, can play off the ball a little, and has good size and durability.

Being that the current Pacers play somewhat unconventionally on offense actually plays into his game I think, as his ability to play off the ball and be a really good cutter away from the basketball makes him a really good fit for us.

Being that the contracts are somewhat similar, I wonder if Chicago might entertain a deal based around a Hinrich for Murphy? Chicago is actually one team in the league I think Murphy would be a good fit for, as Joakim Noah is a really good fit besides a player of Murphy's skills I think. Just a thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alot is made of the idea of returning Michael Conley of the Grizzlies back to his hometown of Indianapolis, and I would love that as well. But there is another Indianapolis product languishing thru his rookie year in Atlanta, and that is Jeff Teague.

Teague didn't do much in his rookie campaign, as he is blocked by veteran guards Mike Bibby and Jamal Crawford. Atlanta is in win right now mode, with need for veteran players instead of using a rookie like Teague, who played very little this season.

Now, I was not a huge Teague fan in last years draft, and I still have doubts about him long term. But he is lightning quick, and he is just 22 years old, and he is a native son and graduate of Pike High School. If any deal is to be made with the Hawks, then Teague would be a man we'd want to include in a swap.

If the Hawks lose Joe Johnson, they could be forced to make some other moves to try and replace that talent. It wouldn't be the entirety of what they'd look to do, but one wonders how a deal centered around Rush for Teague might look to them....obviously there would need to be some additions to make a deal like that make sense, but that would be the framework perhaps....again, just a thought.

PG Ramon Sessions completely didn't fit in Kurt Rambis system up in Minnesota, and with the Twolves very much point guard heavy, it would only make sense if they tried to make a deal this summer involving their glut of guards.

Sessions is just 23 years old currently, has put up good numbers as a young player, has good size and scoring ability, and is signed long term to a somewhat friendly contract. Predictably somewhat unhappy it is thought in Minneapolis, the trash fire that is the Twolves franchise may be in the mood to make a move. The Timberwolves need everything, so it is hard to say what they might like back for Sessions, but I would think many teams will inquire about the young guard, not just us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fran Vasquez, who's rights are held by the Orlando Magic, would be an almost perfect addition to our Pacers. Vazquez is 26 years old, with a Euro contract that runs through the 2010-11 season.

Of course I haven't flown to Europe to scout him personally, but I always do try and keep up with some of the foreign players from years past by reading about them when I can. Vasquez has become a shot blocker, rebounding, defensive force according to reports, more or less morphing into a European Tyson Chandler. The reports on draftexpress about him are very very good, as he is apparently becoming a stopper all over the floor. Blocking shots, hedging screen rolls, rebounding, and running the floor seem to be his main strengths as a player, which makes him somewhat of an anomaly in Europe. Now granted, I am reading old information there, as that update on him is now 15 months old, but at least he would seem to be a player to try and get the rights to.

To me, on paper he seems like a great compliment to the type of player Roy Hibbert seems to be becoming. Hopefully the Pacers European scouts are all over Vazquez, and have a good read on whether the reports I am reading are accurate. If they are, any deal with Orlando should definitely include the rights to Vazquez being thrown into the mix. If the Magic were interested in TJ Ford as a backup for Jameer Nelson, the rights to Vazquez should be part of the package we demand in return.

It probably comes at no surprise to long time readers of mine that I am going to include PF/C Marreese Speights in this list. Speights, a 6'10 big man from Florida, is being woefully mismanaged in Philadelphia. A terrible fit besides Elton Brand and Sam Dalembert, the Sixers compounded their mistake with signing the overpriced Brand by hiring Eddie Jordan as coach last year, whose high post Princeton offense didn't fit any of their personnel.

I still believe Speights can play and be a very effective scorer/rebounder in this league. I think his potential peaks at about an 18 and 8 guy, with good size and defensive potential. What I like about Speights the best is his efficiency with the basketball in the post, his footwork and ability to finish with touch. He also "fits" with Indiana's future as my elusive "player x".

I'll be mentioning this "Player x" concept many times in the upcoming months. What I am meaning by that term is this : A player with the size to play center alongside Hansbrough, but who has the athleticism and talent to play power forward besides Hibbert. A "player x" is hard to find, and is something we are in desperate need of I feel as our rebuilding plan goes forward.

Outside of a dynamic creator on the perimeter perhaps, I think a "player X" is our greatest need. I still believe Speights can be that guy, just like I did when he was drafted. There are and continue to be rumors of Speights not having the greatest attitude or work ethic out there, and if that stuff is true then it obviously would give me pause. But purely from a basketball standpoint on the floor, I think he might be a very good fit here.

Speaking of "Player X", I'd give up alot if we good obtain Sacramento big man Jason Thompson. Thompson isn't defending at a high level yet, which I blame the losing culture and the non emphasis of defense by coach Paul Westphal for.

But Thompson is becoming the exact type of player we need badly. He is 6'11 250 lbs, but athletic enough I believe to play next to Roy Hibbert for the next 10 years and big enough to play next to Hansbrough as well when/if he pans out to be the player I think he can be.

From Rider, Thompson has acclimated quickly the NBA game from an offensive standpoint, and he has an NBA body that is only getting stronger. He looks like a keeper, not an All Star level player but a guy who would fit what we need like a glove. Of course, he's be hard to obtain most likely from the Kings, but.....what if this scenario happens:

What if the Pacers get lottery lucky and move up to the 3rd spot in the draft? Obviously at spots one and two we'd keep the picks and take either John Wall or Evan Turner. But if we got pick 3, would you include it in a package to Sacramento of some sort for right to acquire Thompson? I certainly would.....would you consider it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

JaVale McGee was as raw as raw could be when he left Nevada for the NBA, and I was not a fan of his when I scouted him prior to that draft.

I think I might have been wrong.

McGee is a fluid, athletic, jumping jack of a center that I really enjoy watching play. He reminds me of a young deer, jumping and running very well, but not really having any idea why he does it or what he is doing.

McGee is fast, quick, and can run the floor almost better than any center in the league I think. His motor is high, his activity level is thru the roof, and even though he doesn't really understand the game that well yet, you can definitely see the potential there.

I don't know if he projects to be a "player x", I think instead he might just be a pure center, so if you get McGee somehow I think you are committing to building your roster differently than I think Larry Bird wants to. But I really like McGee, and any potential deal with the Wizards (who have some intriguing pieces I think) needs to include the gazelle like big man from Nevada.

Lots of Tbird topics I am working on for the next few weeks. I had a request from one of you for a topic that I am working on (I won't say who) that I am putting together, plus a few other things I have on my mind that I am making notes on. Hopefully we can continue to get some good Pacers/hoops discussion going before the draft profiles start in the next few weeks.

As always, the above is just my opinion.

Tbird

Re: Tbird analysis: Hidden gems/under the radar trade targets for the summer of 2010

FWIW, Beaubois was a 1st round pick. Dallas knows what they have and I don't think you could pry him out of Cuban's cold, dead hands.

Sure they're in win now mode, but what player other than Granger on the Pacer roster do you think can help them "win now" anymore than Beaubois?

Also, the biggest problem with Fran Vazquez is that he doesn't want to leave Spain to play in the NBA. It's the very reason he didn't join the Magic after he was drafted.

Comment

Re: Tbird analysis: Hidden gems/under the radar trade targets for the summer of 2010

Originally posted by d_c View Post
      Sure they're in win now mode, but what player other than Granger on the Pacer roster do you think can help them "win now" anymore than Beaubois?
      2 words:

Luther. Head.

Boom.

Comment

Hidden gems or underrated guys that I like:

Hinrich: really good defensive player, he know how to run the offense and can shoot from outside.

Luis Scola: He is a bit older but what can't this guy do? he is to me one of the most underrated PF's in the NBA

Robin Lopez: I always liked this guy, he could be the perfect complement for Hibbert.

Steve Blake: he is similar to Hinrich not as good defender but he is an underrated "floor general"

Travis Outlaw: this guy could bring energy off the bench, good athlete, can shoot the three and finish around the rim, really underrated.

Andres Nocioni:Hard nose defender, high energy guy who can do everything, his contract is also a plus because decrease every year.

Glen Davis: He is overweight but everytime he gets some playing time he finds a way to score and get rebounds.

JJ Hickson: not sure what Cleveland wants for him

Erick Gordon:Pacers should try to see what the Clippers want for him

Jeff Green:no way Oklahoma trade him, unless we send Hibbert there

James Harden: we need to draft Aldrich and send him to Oklahoma for him, he is going to be a really good player.

Channing frye:he is been playing really good this year, can shoot the three and can also play inside, he has a player option next year but I think that he can make more than that.

Aleksandar Pavlovic: this guys is been always underrated, maybe he looked better because he was playing with Lebron

George Hill: I wanted him two years ago, now the secret is out and SA is not going to trade him.
        Last edited by vnzla81; 05-01-2010, 12:59 AM.
        @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Comment

I wanted to draft Beaubois. Snag a late rounder and get him. I wanted him and saw him as a potential Paul/Rose/Deron stopper.

Javale gets worked by Hibbert. I can see him as an Amare type role, but I don't see him defending Lopez, Horford or Howard. Hibbert can hold his own but not for an entire game.

I wanted Speights and Chalmers...I really did....but Rush and Hibbert will do. Could you imagine getting Speights and Hibbert in the same draft?

Comment

Appreciate the post. A quick spin through the rosters looking for ≤ three year players I'd like your take on:

Courtney Lee
            Earl Barron
            Rodney Carney
            Acie Law
            DJ Augustine
            Omri Casspi
            Anthony Morrow
            Anthony Randolph
            Darren Collison
            Hamed Haddadi

Comment

I'd love to bring in Kirk Hinrich. He's a leader and can shoot the ball well. He's a very good defender too.

He still has a lot of gas left in his tank at 28.

I drew up a 3-way between us, Chicago, and Phoenix.

IND: Kirk Hinrich
              CHI: Leandro Barbosa
              PHX: Solomon Jones, Jeff Foster, '10 2nd Round Pick (IND)

Phonix already has Jason Richardson who gets the starting SG spot and gets a lot of minutes.

I'll add Michael Redd in. People may be doubting him, but he has the ablility to get back on track. He's a good player and he still has some more years at 30.
              Last edited by Trophy; 05-01-2010, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trophy View Post

BUT

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Good topic. I'll add just a couple of thoughts.

No way we get Roddy Buckets. I think Cuban has publicly stated he's untouchable. I'd LOVE to have him though.

I've come around a bit on Hinrich. I think he'd be an addition to our team.

Jason Thompson is more attainable than might be thought. I've gotten impressions that the Kings don't like him for some reason. I was more impressed by his rookie season. Not sure he fits well on the Pacers.

Javale McGee has a long way to go before he learns how to play basketball.

One guy that's been on my hidden gem radar this year is Martel Webster. He'd be a great 3rd wing on the Pacers. His shooting %s are low, but he plays really hard on both ends and fell out of the rotation in Portland.

Comment

Originally posted by maragin View Post
                    Appreciate the post. A quick spin through the rosters looking for ≤ three year players I'd like your take on:

Courtney Lee
                    Earl Barron
                    Rodney Carney
                    Acie Law
                    DJ Augustine
                    Omri Casspi
                    Anthony Morrow
                    Anthony Randolph
                    Darren Collison
                    Hamed Haddadi
                    I know you aren't soliticing my opinion, but I'm bored and want to play:

Stud: Collison
                    Potentially a stud: Randolph
                    Very servicebale: Lee, Casspi, Morrow
                    Potentially serviceable, but not quite there yet: Augustin
                    Possibly solid 9th men: Barron, Carney
                    Completely and utterly worthless: Haddadi, Law

Comment

I'd love to bring in Kirk Hinrich. He's a leader and can shoot the ball well. He's a very good defender too.

He still has a lot of gas left in his tank at 28.

IND: Kirk Hinrich
                      CHI: Leandro Barbosa
                      PHX: Solomon Jones, Jeff Foster, '10 2nd Round Pick (IND)

Phonix already has Jason Richardson who gets the starting SG spot and gets a lot of minutes.

I'll add Michael Redd in. People may be doubting him, but he has the ablility to get back on track. He's a good player and he still has some more years at 30.
                      Hinrich is a shifty little fart. Every year during the playoffs, he looks like someone who could really break out and be a really good player. Then the next season comes around and he plays like complete crap for the better portion of the year. I don't understand that guy.

You have been really pro-Redd lately in many of your posts. What gives? The guy has missed the past two seasons with extremely serious knee injuries, and it's not clear that he will ever be able to play at 50% of his former self. I know he would come cheap, but at this point the guy is a low-rotation spot shooter, at best.

Comment

Here's a list of some guys I'd consider.

Michael Redd
                        Kirk Hinrich
                        Mike Conley
                        Anthony Randolph
                        Lou Williams
                        Adam Morrison

Comment

Adam Morrison
                          Why?

Comment

Originally posted by cdash View Post
                            Hinrich is a shifty little fart. Every year during the playoffs, he looks like someone who could really break out and be a really good player. Then the next season comes around and he plays like complete crap for the better portion of the year. I don't understand that guy.

You have been really pro-Redd lately in many of your posts. What gives? The guy has missed the past two seasons with extremely serious knee injuries, and it's not clear that he will ever be able to play at 50% of his former self. I know he would come cheap, but at this point the guy is a low-rotation spot shooter, at best.
                            Ever since Rose went to the Bulls, Hinrich's role was all over the place. From being the starting PG to playing with another PG in the starting lineup in Rose to coming off the bench. I think the Pacers would be a very good fit for him. We only have AJ who's still young and isn't ready to the nightly starting role.

If we want a change in players, I thought Redd would be a good guy to bring in. Redd wouldn't really be a leader anyway. He'd be someone who can take some shooting pressure off of Danny and give Brandon a more comfortable role as backup. In the few games Redd played in this season, he seemed pretty good. Again we don't need him to be the team leader like he used to be. If he starts to struggle then we still have Brandon who can take the starting SG position.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDoddage View Post
                              Why?
                              The SF position is the least of our problems and he hasn't gotten too many minutes in LA to show any signs of how he's been since the injury.

He'd be a good backup to Danny or be 3rd string in the rotation.

Comment

Working...
                              X