Thread: a minor trade idea- Chris Mihm for Scot Pollard & a pick

Default a minor trade idea- Chris Mihm for Scot Pollard & a pick

Mihm is the best available center. He is a somewhat slow but effective half-court low post guy who can board, defend, and block shots.

He is a restricted free agent whom the Celtics may not want to resign due to committments to Blount, LaFrentz, Kendrick Perkins, and a focus on the running game and transition basketball, which is not something suited to Mihm's game.

Might Pollard benefit from a more full-court attack? I'm not sure, but he would seem to be a better fit in Boston than Mihm, and Mihm a better fit in Indiana than Boston.

Boston doesn't want to play Mihm 5 million, so they probably would not want to have to pay the older Pollard 5 million, so you would have to add in at least a future 1st rounder to entice them.

I'd do that. Maybe the Celtics would too, if they don't think that Scot is washed up.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Default Re: a minor trade idea- Chris Mihm for Scot Pollard & a pick

Austin for Mihm and an ending contract?

[edit=22=1090934368][/edit]
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Mihm makes dumb fouls/plays, I don't want him. I've seen enough of him against Boston this year. I was always glad when he'd come into a game because I knew it would be a cinch to go inside against him.

Living in Boston you'd have a better idea if Boston would do this, but if they don't want to pay Mihm 5 million, why would they want to give it to Pollard?

Then again, I think Danny Ainge is the worst GM in the NBA so who knows.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Default Not to hijack your thread.....

but one thought I had, and it 's probably too radical for most on here involves the Cavs, since you're speaking of Pollard and a pick.

Cavs management has become disillusioned with Dasagna Diop. 7'0...300 pounds, shot blocker...but he is still a bit of a project.

That being said, I tend not to play around with REALGM, but a trade thought popped into my head and I went over there to check it and it came up accepted first try:

Dujaun Wagner &
    Dasagna Diop

for Scot Pollard &
    Fred Jones

I know there are a legion of Freddie Jones worshipers (I don't get it.) and it leaves Foster as the only veteran guy to man the paint, but long term and within a 2-3 year window, I think that could be a great move. I think Diop will develop into a strong inside presence, despite his uneven play to date.

I remember Larry Brown being pretty fond of Wagner and I think it's a bit valid to draw shooting PG comparisions to Iverson of old.

With the scorers on the Cavs, I can see a real use for Jones defensively, and they get a veteran in Pollard to help anchor a young team.

We get a poetential Vinnie Johnson type scorer who I think he could be better suited for backup-backup PG than Jones. (Or Ediie Gill. Eddie Gill? Greeeaaaatt....ed

Just a though I've had for about a week now.

I don't think it's a radical idea in terms of disturbing our roster.

What would you guys think of such a scenario?

(And Fred zombies need not apply. Hey! I know it's summer and slow, so I thought I'd thow this out there.)
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

I've liked Mihm since his days at Texas. It's nice to see him finally becoming a contributor as a pro.

That said, he's not worth a multi-year contract at the MLE. He'll contribute more than Pollard, and it'd sure be nice to have a high-post center again, but with Shaq in the East, I'd rather have Scot to bang with him, than overpay for Chris.

Skaut, Cleveland will never want Pollard.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

NO. Mihm is AWFUL. I'd much rather keep Scot.