Thread: NBA.com Revue Writeup: Goodbye Brewer, Hello Wright

Default NBA.com Revue Writeup: Goodbye Brewer, Hello Wright

That's about as clear as it gets. See ya, Jamison.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/summe...up_040726.html

Wright - I think he held steady and he improved each game, Burke said. He really concentrated hard on what we wanted from him and he looked more comfortable each game. He was in good shape and the feeling I got from him is hell come into camp in even better shape and really work. Hell knock down open shots. Last year, a lot of teams doubled off our point guard. I think he can keep teams like that honest. He needs to learn to be more balanced on both ends. He was going in a hurry all the time. But he got the ball to the guys we wanted to get the ball to and he seems to read the defense pretty well.

Brewer - The most disappointing performance was that of veteran point guard Jamison Brewer, who was 8 of 37 from the field (.216), 1 of 12 from the arc (.083), 2 of 10 from the free-throw line and committed 29 turnovers (an average of 9.5 per 48 minutes).

I think he thought he had to come in and take over games, said Burke. He had trouble with tempo and the pace of the game and reading defenses. Hes just got to realize its not about him beating his man. Hes got to organize. Hes got to sense when the other team gets six straight points weve got to come down and get something sensible. His games at a standstill. Hes athletic and hes got length but he struggles with his shot and he does not understand the mentality of that position.

----------

Jones, Harrison and Wright are certain to be in training camp in October. Among the free agents, Recker and Adam Harrington both had impressive moments but indicated they may pursue other options. Its unclear if any of the remaining free agents, including Brewer, played well enough to merit an invitation.
    That's a blow. Turned down a million-dollar offer, then don't even get invited to training camp. Have fun in Europe, Jamison.
    [edit=39=1090913468][/edit]
    [edit=39=1090913523][/edit]
    [edit=39=1090913985][/edit]
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: NBA.com Revue Writeup: Goodbye Brewer, Hello Wright

looks like that (Europe) indeed, but don't knock it completely, Italian and Spanish teams pay very well to, no doubt his contract would not be far of (if at all) from a million there.

Italian, Spanish and other countries have leagues that are paying good money to people that would not get that much in the states, they just don't have the higher salaries the NBA has, but Brewer would be a top guard in Europe and demand a very nice paycheck.

if that is all he was after, which I doubt, if he invested his earnings over the previous years not to stupidly then he already made a working class life salary or even more.

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Euro Contract

...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Brewer may be gone, but I doubt Wright gets a sniff of an NBA contract either.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

It does seem unlikely that the last pick of the second round would make the team, but the Pacers carried 4 PG's last year, and right now all they have is Tinsley and AJ.

They need at least one more PG, and Wright might be the guy by default.

Tinsley starts, AJ gets the backup minutes, Gill goes in when the other two are tired/crappy, and in an emergency, Freddie can take over for a few minutes at a time.

The only way that doesn't work is if one of them has a long-term injury. But in that case, we'd be no worse off with a 10-day contract guy that we'd be with Wright.

Didn't the team say some unfavorable things about Brewer last year... or maybe really talk up other PG's (Cook?) and then in the end Brewer's option was picked up? ...or was Brewer already under contract?

-Bball
    [edit=68=1090944570][/edit]
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thats teamwork."

-John Wooden

Vantaa/Finland Favorite Players: Danny Granger, Stephen Jackson, Jermaine O'neal, Gilbert Arenas

Goodbye Brewer, Goodbye Wright, Hello Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't the team say some unfavorable things about Brewer last year... or maybe really talk up other PG's (Cook?) and then in the end Brewer's option was picked up? ...or was Brewer already under contract?

-Bball
    I remember him as having a guaranteed contract last summer. But you make a good point, I wouldn't put it past Larry/Donnie to use a crappy summer league performance as a means to save a few k.

Or maybe he's involved in a deal for Dampier!!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Brewer had a guaranteed deal. Early in camp/ preseason, Omar outplayed him. By the end of preseason, they were both pretty bad - Omar had played his way back down to Brewer's level, so the Pacers kept the guy with the guaranteed money.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

And......

Goodbye Wright, hello Gill.

Maybe it's not about the money for Brewer. Maybe he wasn't turning the money down because he thought he could get more. Maybe he just wants to play, CBA, NDBL, Europe, whereever, for however much instead of sitting.

I'm not sure whether to add a smilie to that or not. I was being sarcastic, but it could be true...
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I'll sit on the bench for that amount of money and I'll bet I can match Brewer's FG% and three-year assist totals.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

pacers should sign me...I already have the fame of NBA stars. Why not stick me on the bench or out in garbage time to sell tickets? !
    lol

If they give me a weekly hair gel salary allotment, I can fill Sigg's role as the team "cool hair" guy.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can't said I will shed a tear honestly
    [edit=279=1090983958][/edit]