Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All this trade talk is nonsense: Artest is one of the most important players in the league

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: All this trade talk is nonsense: Artest is one of the most important players in the league

Yea Ronnie will continue to improve.Don't trade him!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Default Re: All this trade talk is nonsense: Artest is one of the most important players in the league

Quote Originally Posted by XxSaSsXx31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron Artest in my opinion, is one of the top 5-10 players in the NBA.
    I stopped reading right there.

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

pacersteve

You are absolutely right. There are only a few players in the league as important to their team as Artest is to the Pacers at a relatively young stage of their careers. Garnett, Duncan, Bryant??

Yeah that post was pretty dumb. I don't like artest because he is crazy, and his offense is pure ugliness, like he's forcing everything, he's hardly a natural scorer.

Implying peoople think of Artest as a black slave and Bird a a white master is insane.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    why are all of you Artest haters...i think it's because a lot of people here live in Indiana and don't like the mentality of a black man speaking out and not obeying his white master like all the other "black players" generally do...there is a mindset in not all, but a lot of Indiana fans mentality...
    I would like to nominate the above post for "Dumbest Post of the Year". Thank you.

Seconded.

i think it's because a lot of people here live in Indiana and don't like the mentality of a black man speaking out and not obeying his white master like all the other "black players" generally do...there is a mindset in not all, but a lot of Indiana fans mentality...
    I don't agree, and I am unsure how, or even why, you would think this about Hoosiers & fellow Pacers fans. (Don't you live in California?)

RimBender

why are all of you Artest haters...i think it's because a lot of people here live in Indiana and don't like the mentality of a black man speaking out and not obeying his white master like all the other "black players" generally do...there is a mindset in not all, but a lot of Indiana fans mentality...
    What? :

Is this Sassan from Indystar banned-ville? If so, this make a lot more sence...if not, why ruin a decent (at least basketball related post) with this line of crap?

outsider

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Yeah that post was pretty dumb. I don't like artest because he is crazy, and his offense is pure ugliness, like he's forcing everything, he's hardly a natural scorer.

Implying peoople think of Artest as a black slave and Bird a a white master is insane.
    Artest is not crazy, and his offense is not ugly.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness

That he has an ugly style of playing and is part of the reason he should be traded is a pretty stupid argument to me too, if he plays ugly at all, which I dont aggree with, than atleast for sure it seems still awfully effective.

Regards,

Mourning
    [edit=198=1090871875][/edit]
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Mood

True, if we simply got rid of Artest, we wouldn't make the conference.

But guess what. We won't be dumping him in the trash. We'll be getting a good player back.

Artest has a unique style and I love it. Some call it ugly...but I call it beauty because it is different than everyone else and works so well. I LOVE RONNIE, he is the M.V.P. of this team alongside J.O. Without Ronnie we cannot even get past the conference finals.
    Just checking (because I am a Artest fan) but did we get past the conference finals WITH him? Isn't that the point of the argument on the other side of the fence?

All I can say is that the years have had little affect on you...and that is a bad thing.....

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Well "good" is a subjective view projected on a player, Hicks, I dont think we will be getting a VERY good player back for him, like Pierce (whom I dont see as a good fit for this team btw, but different view, I guess) .

The very good players we could get for him I dont want (Peja) or I dont think management is willing to pay for (Marion).

That leaves us with players in my view below that such as Rashard Lewis, SAR or Andre Miller (just to give you an idea of the quality I think we would be getting back) and that idea.... I DO NOT LIKE, ceetainly if you add up Artests "friendly" contract and the years remaining the word "rape" comes to mind. Mine anyways, but I might be one of the few, because the league of "Artest is no good" and "Artest screwed our championship run this year" seem to increasing by the day here (and for the record, Hicks, I don't count you in that category).

Regards,

Mourning
    [edit=198=1090873360][/edit]
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ya know...Sassan's first post on this thread was actually ok...I almost forgot it was him. Then the racial comment he mad reminded me of the 12 year old that use to post on IS and never grew up over the years.

I don't like to tell people how to post, but Sassan...Your comments are very embarrassing to me not only being a Hoosier, but just being a member of the human race in general!

GROW UP, before you come to the adult table!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness

That he has an ugly style of playing and is part of the reason he should be traded is a pretty stupid argument to me too, if he plays ugly at all, which I dont aggree with, than atleast for sure it seems still awfully effective.

Regards,

Mourning
    I never said Ron should be traded because of that, I simply said I don't like his style of play. The only reason I think Ron should ever be traded is if he really is a problem behind the scenes, and has worn out his welcome here. I think he probably has.

One thing about me, I don't care about people criticizing me just like Ron Artest doesn't give a ***** about what anyone says...he just gets the job done. I will say how I feel, and I do not believe it is the majority of Indiana Pacer fans but Indiana is not exactly known for being the most diverse state; and I am sure there are a lot of Hoosier fans who feel threatened Ron Artest is a black man who is a "THUG"....he came from the streets....he raps (we all know how much Hoosiers hate Rappers and how they are street thugs and no good)....and Ron is not obedient like a lot of other Pacer players and always gives a mouthful of how he feels...and i'm sure because of this it threatens a lot of Hoosier fans who may not admit they are racist or have racist feelings, but deep down they feel uncomfortable of this "thug" being on their basketball team.
    Man, you are really stupid.

Speaking of stupid, Stephen A. Smith is on PTI.

One thing about me, I don't care about people criticizing me just like Ron Artest doesn't give a ***** about what anyone says...he just gets the job done. I will say how I feel, and I do not believe it is the majority of Indiana Pacer fans but Indiana is not exactly known for being the most diverse state; and I am sure there are a lot of Hoosier fans who feel threatened Ron Artest is a black man who is a "THUG"....he came from the streets....he raps (we all know how much Hoosiers hate Rappers and how they are street thugs and no good)....and Ron is not obedient like a lot of other Pacer players and always gives a mouthful of how he feels...and i'm sure because of this it threatens a lot of Hoosier fans who may not admit they are racist or have racist feelings, but deep down they feel uncomfortable of this "thug" being on their basketball team.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. "We all know how much Hoosiers hate Rappers and how they are street thugs and no good." Excuse me? mg: Obedient? mg: You sure are sure of some things that you don't know much of anything about. Maybe keeping these type of comments to yourself would be best.

"We all know how much Hoosiers hate Rappers and how they are street thugs and no good." This doesn't imply a minority, unless Hoosiers are somehow a minority in Indiana.

I would think a majority of Hoosiers hate rap music and think rappers are all street thugs...and well that is what Ronnie is, isn't he?
    A lot of Hoosiers may not even know who Ron Artest is, let alone know that he does some rapping. I am confident that most who think of Ron Artest think of him as a basketball player, not a rapper.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cool. I'm going to expiriment with the ignore feature.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Just look at the flowers ...."

Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I really like Artest (he is my favorite player) and I'm from Indiana and I'm white.
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Quote Originally Posted by ILovethePacers
    I really like Artest (he is my favorite player) and I'm from Indiana and I'm white.
    My friend. I never said EVERYONE thinks like that! I said there is a strong minority who thinks like that, and that's why they don't want Ron Artest to stay in Indiana....not neccessarily because of his rate but his "THUG MENTALITY"....I believe that is true for a lot of people. Ronnie is a thug and I love it.
    It does seem that a lot of people have started to dislike Ron's mentality... I think it all evens out... you have some bad and some good...
    Here, everyone have a : on me

What would not liking Rap have to do with liking or not liking Artest? Am I missing something here? Do I have to like Rap if I like Artest?
    [edit=18=1090885057][/edit]
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.