Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fun question Friday. Which current team do you wish were the Pacers.

Default Re: Fun question Friday. Which current team do you wish were the Pacers.

I'll take the Nuggets...

I like my teams with some attitude and swagger.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Fun question Friday. Which current team do you wish were the Pacers.

I'd go Thunder as well. I'll pass on the Nuggets. Attitude and swagger are fine, but I've seen enough bone headed play to last a life time.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OKC

Look at the roster, look at how incredible their star player is.

If I could somehow get Kevin Love onto that roster too, or Gerald Wallace, or TWill.

BTW, great job Buck. A discussion we can be involved in where we aren't angry at each other.
    Kevin Love?? That makes me mad at you.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    OKC

Look at the roster, look at how incredible their star player is.

If I could somehow get Kevin Love onto that roster too, or Gerald Wallace, or TWill.

BTW, great job Buck. A discussion we can be involved in where we aren't angry at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Kevin Love?? That makes me mad at you.

Kevin Love would be the second best player on our team if he came here. He's a potential franchise centerpiece if they can put good players around him. I can't for the life of me figure out how he's gotten into the doghouse in Minnesota, but he's a star in waiting. The Wolves need to dump Jefferson for anyone that can play the 5, so they can pair that person up with Love.

Or was that a joke or personal thing?

I like the Hawks, Thunder and Jazz. Give me Deron Williams, Al Horford, Paul Milsap or Durant. I'd probably trade our entire roster for their best 3 players...and fill the rest of the team with D League...or even my church league team. We would still be better than the Pacers. In fact, I would trade our entire team and the rights to Conseco Fieldhouse for Durant. We could fill up LOS or Hinkle.

Also, I would trade JOb for Jerry Sloan...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thunder. They have a brilliant young core and could be a dynasty when it's all said and done.

Jay already said it, but I'll say it, too.

The Spurs.

And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

None.

The Pacers are who the Pacers are. I'm not willing to throw out the good with the bad. I'm still connected to this group of lovable losers, and frankly I'm proud of that.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

It would probably be the Hawks, because they've built their team to a great point right now.

I'm not sure I want just The Hype Player, though I'd take one in the draft or FA if we had the opportunity.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

I honestly don't think rooting for LeBron would be all that fun. Great player, but it's like rooting for Goliath.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I like this answer. I'd also say the Bucks, because Grace would be a Pacers fan again.
    Not if Larry in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    None.

The Pacers are who the Pacers are. I'm not willing to throw out the good with the bad. I'm still connected to this group of lovable losers, and frankly I'm proud of that.
    I get this. I felt that way for awhile. But I now want to see some good basketball in Indy, and I'm not getting any younger.

Chicago... Derrick Rose is gonna be the best PG in the league for a long time and that position is my favorite to watch.

Rose + Noah + tons of capspace

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SkipperZ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    I honestly don't think rooting for LeBron would be all that fun. Great player, but it's like rooting for Goliath.
    It would be fun to root for Goliath for once!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

I might take the Thunder, Lakers or Cavs/Wherever LeBron ends up this summer, but I'm going to bring up a similar idea...

I think I might rather be in the Nets position, but that idea includes the location of the Nets. I think there is a good chance the Nets will be better than the Pacers over the next two to three years as sad of an idea as that is, especially if they get John Wall. They will have a franchise changer in Wall, a fantastic trading piece in Devin Harris, a future all-star big man in Brook Lopez, the cap room to get at least a Joe Johnson/Carlos Boozer level free agent, and a new Brooklyn arena to entice players. Would you rather be in the Nets situation or the Pacers?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    I might take the Thunder, Lakers or Cavs/Wherever LeBron ends up this summer, but I'm going to bring up a similar idea...

I think I might rather be in the Nets position, but that idea includes the location of the Nets. I think there is a good chance the Nets will be better than the Pacers over the next two to three years as sad of an idea as that is, especially if they get John Wall. They will have a franchise changer in Wall, a fantastic trading piece in Devin Harris, a future all-star big man in Brook Lopez, the cap room to get at least a Joe Johnson/Carlos Boozer level free agent, and a new Brooklyn arena to entice players. Would you rather be in the Nets situation or the Pacers?
    i think theres no question the nets are in a better situation than Indiana.

Brook, TWill, Wall/Turner/Favors/Cousins and a max or near max FA (or being THE major player in the 2011 market if they completely strike out this summer) is a very solid young core

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    None.

That is not the point. The point is whatever team you choose would become the Indiana Pacers. obviously this is a fantasy type question. I'm not suggesting you become a fan of a different team, I am suggesting which ever team you want becomes the Pacers, in fact all your memory of the current Pacers team would be erased from your memory.

Now pick a team dammit, this is "fun question Friday"

Thunder. Didn't even have to think about it.

Banned

The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Lakers

Yet another vote for the Thunder here. Once the team gets an athletic shot-blocking presence who's a post-up threat on offense (imagine if Dwight was on that team, wow), they are going to win championships. And the scary thing is, they're already good without those things.
    Last edited by Doddage; 04-24-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

As long as it is the entire franchise, I will take the Rockets. They are doing really good things with about as much to work with as we have had here recently, and are still competitive when they have a reason to be, and seem to make the right moves when opportunities arise, and Adelman can coach very well.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    That is not the point. The point is whatever team you choose would become the Indiana Pacers. obviously this is a fantasy type question. I'm not suggesting you become a fan of a different team, I am suggesting which ever team you want becomes the Pacers, in fact all your memory of the current Pacers team would be erased from your memory.

Now pick a team dammit, this is "fun question Friday"
    Did you just curse at me? I see I'm finally rubbing off on you.

OK, I choose the L.A. Ri-Ettes:
    http://derbydolls.com/rosters/ri-ettes/
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

How about the San Diego Conquistadors? Another ABA franchise with a bright future!

Banned

THE COLTS

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Top reason why I went with the Thunder - that break the other day with 'brook coming up the middle with the ball, wings out in front on both sides, W'brook throws the no-look pass across his body to Durant flying in from the wing for the dunk.

Spacing, perfect both in lane width and stagger up court. Both Durant and W'brook were going full out and just beating LA up court. Really it was the closest thing to a 1980's looking play I've seen in awhile. They out Showtimed the Lakers.

TWill and Love - they share my favorite traits, great passers, great awareness at both ends, good rebounders explicitly due to that same awareness level. TWill can't shoot, Love has a blah vertical, but both play the rest of the game at a peak level.

JOB might not let them pass the ball, but a good coach would and it would be beautiful.

We are entering a golden era of talent IMO. The last couple of draft classes has featured lots of exciting talent. It appears as though the age rule might be having the hoped for impact on the NBA draft. Guys that would have been top picks as HS potential guys (see Garcia, Warren, etc) are dropping down once they hit the NCAA floor, and other guys are seeing their games improve and raising their draft stock.