Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fun question Friday. Which current team do you wish were the Pacers.

Default Fun question Friday. Which current team do you wish were the Pacers.

Basically what I am asking is which current team would you most like to trade the Pacers for?

Would you want to trade the Pacers for the Lakers and hopefully win the title this year. Would you rather trade the Pacers for the Thunder believing they are best set for the next 5 seasons.

Any team. For any reason. maybe you want to pick the team with the most salary cap space, or the team with the best chance of getting the top pick.

Hope this is a fun question Friday and not dumb question Friday.

I think I would trade the Pacers for the Thunder, I think they are in a position to be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the NBA over the next 10 years. Also I think getting them now as they are still growing would be a lot of fun.

Please don't let your hate for a certain player or team influence your choice because once they are a pacer you will be a huge fan.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 04-23-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Default Re: Fun question Friday. Which current team do you wish were the Pacers.

Either the Cleveland Lebrons or the Thunder. I could get behind a Utah team in a big way too.

If I had to pick one team of the group, the answer would be that I'd pay alot of money to see Lebron play every night for the next 10 years. Seems like you get a "you gotta be kidding me" moment almost every night.

Default Re: Fun question Friday. Which current team do you wish were the Pacers.

I'd have to say the Thunder as well. Durant is someone that can really do it all from a scoring standpoint and they have so many other "really good" young pieces. Most seem to be pretty high character guys as well. So they would be fun to watch.

I think it would be easy to follow the Hawks, Trail Blazers, and Jazz as well. All with a good mix of veterans and young guys.

thunder

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lakers. I want to win. I'm not convinced the Thunder will win it all over the next few years, and I already have experienced cheering for a team that has reached the conference finals multiple times. Those Pacers teams were great fun, but let's get a title.

I'll take the Hawks. Horford, Josh Smith...

Only question is if they can keep these guys as their contracts expire.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It would absolutely be an unproven team that is up and coming. The Thunder, Hawks, Bobcats would all be my choices.

I'll take whatever team has LeBron, so Cleveland. The Thunder are a very, very close second though.

bucks

The Thunder.

Westbrook's two handed dunk over Fisher last night literally got me out of my seat. They are such a young and exciting team. I really like watching them play.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

The Lakers or the Cavaliers.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

I'd say Thunder, also the Hawks. I just love high flying, athletic talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Westbrook's two handed dunk over Fisher last night literally got me out of my seat. They are such a young and exciting team. I really like watching them play.
    Yeah, ol' Westbrook got me out of my seat, too. To be honest, I actually passed on watching the Pacers final game in Washington to watch the Thunder/Grizzlies game that was on last week. Ever since taking the road trip down to OKC in January, I've been following them with great interest and seem to like everything they are doing from management down to the players.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Since the Spurs still have Duncan and Manu, that's my choice.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

The Washington Generals.

They're due.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

I know why you started this thread... great idea.

I'm looking into the future and not the present. I'm going to pick a couple of dark horses, Sacramento and Memphis, and I doubt anyone else will.

Sacramento

I like their core of
    Evans
    Landry
    Thompson
    Greene
    Hawes
    Casspi
    Garcia
    Udrih
    Nocioni

They have the opportunity to draft a franchise player with the #3 pick.
    They have only 33 mil in salary for the coming year & 34 mil the year after.

Udrih & Nocioni make up 40% of that salary, and with their assets & cap I could see them moving one or both.

Memphis

I like their core of

Gasol
    Mayo
    Gay
    Brewer
    Conley
    Randolph
    Arthur
    Thabeet
    Carroll
    Young

The have "3" 1st round picks this year. They can trade some of them if they choose or build with them.
    Their cap is around 47 mil with Randolph's 17 mil coming off after next season.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 04-23-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    The Thunder.

i like him or jennings
    either guy would make the pacers a playoff team

The Thunder are running away with this. I would choice them or maybe the Bulls. Derrick Rose could be a future MVP and with Noah, Gibson, and Deng they are still on the upswing.
    Last edited by pacers74; 04-23-2010 at 04:48 PM.

I can't really play this game. One of the things I like to do is watch a team grow, and I get really fond of a few players from time to time. So I don't wish we had any other team.

Right now I think we are a great point guard and a defensive post player away from contending. I think if you gave us Westbrook we would make the playoffs with ease next year.

If you twisted my arm and made me pick a team to replace the Pacers I would pick the Nets. No way would I want to be the Lebrons, Laker's, Celtics, Magic, etc.

Contrary to popular opinion winning isn't everything, it's the journey to get there. So I would start out with a young upcoming team.

The Nets have a young center, an all star point guard, a great draft choice, some core pieces, and a new owner with money to spend. They are on the way up.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

The Indiana Pacers of 10 years ago.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

A Healthy version of the Blazers ( including a healthy Oden, Pryzbilla and BRoy )....if not....then the current version of the Thunder ( they have become what we want to become. )
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Whichever team has LeBron.

Second, whichever team has Durant.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

OKC

Look at the roster, look at how incredible their star player is.

If I could somehow get Kevin Love onto that roster too, or Gerald Wallace, or TWill.

BTW, great job Buck. A discussion we can be involved in where we aren't angry at each other.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Contrary to popular opinion winning isn't everything, it's the journey to get there. So I would start out with a young upcoming team.
    I agree 100%
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post

I don't think Celtics fans cared too much about the journey when they won the title two years ago. The process of winning is enough of a journey for me.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    A Healthy version of the Blazers ( including a healthy Oden, Pryzbilla and BRoy )....if not....then the current version of the Thunder ( they have become what we want to become. )
    I like this answer. I'd also say the Bucks, because Grace would be a Pacers fan again.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!