Thread: Jerry Hughes Tops New Prediction Formula

Default Jerry Hughes Tops New Prediction Formula

"I have poured through college statistics, biographies, and pre-draft workout data to try and shed light on what is one of the great mysteries of the NFL Draft. The result is SackSEER, a regression model that projects the professional sack totals of college edge rushers selected in the NFL Draft. Edge rusher is defined as a player who has spent a significant part of his career lining up as either a defensive end in a 4-3 alignment or an outside linebacker in a 3-4 alignment. The research to produce the method considered all edge rushers drafted in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft between 1999 and 2008."

http://footballoutsiders.com/nfl-dra...ucing-sackseer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kidneypuncher For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jerry Hughes Tops New Prediction Formula

I am very excited about this pick. This finally gives us a guy that will not allow our pass rush to slip if Freeney goes out to rest or gets hurt. This was a problem we had for years now. Freeney gets some rests and Mathis cannot beat the double teams and we had nobody who can benefit from the one on one opportunities.

This also gives us some things to do on passing downs. We can have Hughes, Mathis, and Freeney out there.

Now if we can get an offensive guard and a defensive tackle and I will be one happy camper.

Mood

Default Re: Jerry Hughes Tops New Prediction Formula

I am excited about this kid as well. He may be very well a little quicker than Mathis off of the ball but he doesn't have their power yet. Once he gets a year or two in our system with some strength and conditioning coaching he could be a beast at around 270lbs. This kid could make our D much harder to dissect if we can get alll three guys out there at the same time.