Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peja wants out?

Default Peja wants out?

Saw this over on the Lakers board on realgm. If it's true, it confirms something I heard as well—that Peja is not happy in Sacramento. This of course could have implications regarding Ron. The article is in Serbian, so I have no idea what it says exactly, but the person who posted it said it basically says that Stojakovic is disappointed with Kings managment for letting Vlade go and says changes are needed if they want to contend, etc.

http://www.b92.net/sport/intervju.ph...m=07&yyyy=2004
    [edit=27=1090772995][/edit]

Default Re: Peja wants out?

I read a translation of the article on Kingsfans.com , and he doesn't say he wants out, but he does say like you said that he's not happy to see Vlade go, and he said more than once he thinks the team needs changes and their current window may be closed.

Someone did a translation:

Q: Peja, you had a good personal season but many think that you could be better. Larry Bird said that summer is the best time to get better, extend your game. How will you spend your summer and will you work on your game?

A: Speaking of this past season, I had statistical improvement, but I need to work on some things. There is room to grow. I have a movie in my mind of how defenses played me. I plan on working on it and I'll try to come back a better player.

Q: With the departure of Divac, some things may change in the style of play. Do you see yourself staying with the Kings or would you like to move to another team?

A: The departure of Divac is more business than basketball. He did what was a good deal for him and Kings' managment did what they wanted to do. I played with Divac for 6 years and he was the best teammate and a friend. I wish him the best. He'll probably finish his career where he started.

As far as I am concerned, I really don't know if I'll stay with the Kings. It's clear that this team needs change, new faces. Will there be changes in the lineups? I don't know. Those things are done in the shadows in the NBA and us players take it as a done deal. I said already I was disappointed that Divac left because he was the face of the team and put Sacramento on the NBA map. I am very disappointed that they didn't let him finnish career here. I told Kings managment that they did wrong with the Divac situation since he was the leader here, but I also know that the NBA is business.

Q: Do you have a reaction at the ending of the season and comments by Chris Webber that not everyone put forth an effort?

A:Lots of players expressed frustration at the end. I don't want to pinpoint anybody. I think we did a lot during my time here and and we shouldn't exaggerate individual losses and wins. I think that this teams' window of opportunity is closing which is why I say that changes are needed. I don't want to talk about who said what. It's in the past.
    [edit=27=1090785582][/edit]

Welcome to the BUSINESS of basketball Peja!
    Ya gotta wonder about some of these athletes when they STILL act surprised when teams make financially based business decisions.

And it sounds like typical post trade reaction, like Jermaine when they fired Isiah.
    [edit=467=1090776812][/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Freddies
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya gotta wonder about some of these athletes when they STILL act surprised when teams make financially based business decisions.
    Yet, THEIR financial moves seem quite necessary.

The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

When even the Kings management isn't allowed to have it all by ownership, you know things are tightening up, despite some of the crazy contracts this summer.

Anyone else get a sense by reading Peja's interview, especially his answer to the last question, that he's talking like he's already got one foot out the door? Or at the very least has already expressed an interest to mangement and/or his agent that he'd like to be moved?
    [edit=27=1090785876][/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    Anyone else get a sense by reading Peja's interview, especially his answer to the last question, that he's talking like he's already got one foot out the door? Or at the very least has already expressed an interest to mangement and/or his agent that he'd like to be moved?
    Or, maybe, his agent has told him that the management folks in Sactown have trotted out his name a time or two in trade talks.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddies
    Yet, THEIR financial moves seem quite necessary.

I don't know. One element of the whole Boozer thing: that's exactly the kind of crap that a GM would pull, and everyone would just say, "Well, that's business. Wasn't he a clever GM." Of course it's a business, but it's a business full of real people. What makes it so interesting...

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

SOme of my Uni of Michigan contacts have mentioned in the past that they've heard of friction between Weber and Peja for some time. I don't think CW likes sharing the light.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

I asked this in another thread this AM...but if you didn't see it this came to me during the night.

What would Brad Miller's response be if the Kings mgmnt told/asked him about a trade with them getting Artest???
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    I asked this in another thread this AM...but if you didn't see it this came to me during the night.

What would Brad Miller's response be if the Kings mgmnt told/asked him about a trade with them getting Artest???
    I seriously doubt Kings management would consult him if they wanted to make a move they thought would improve their team, regardless of the player.
    Normally I'd say you're right, but with Ron's history, they just might ask Miller what he thought about him as a player and a person.

I'm under the impression Brad Miller and Ron Artest get along well.

I would hope Kings management, given their rather succesful track record and successful Vegas businesses, would have better sources than Brad Miller.
    Yeah, but how many of those "sources" have actually been a teammate of Ron's? Spent time with him in a locker room, traveled with him, etc.?
    [edit=27=1090850565][/edit]

Many of them, I would like to believe. Otherwise the Maloofs have been just kind of winging it and have gotten really lucky over and over again.
    They also inherited their daddy's vast gambling empire. Sometimes that helps. So you're saying they'd have better player sources than Brad? Who?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I checked the trade out on Real GM and a straight up trade Peja for ROnny works....I dont know if this has already been posted, but if it has sorry. I personally would not mind that trade, we get a prolific outside threat. Only thing is i have not heard much about his defense....Can anyone fill me in? and would you do this trade?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

great, so is going to do the job inside for us, except for JO
    [edit=198=1090865064][/edit]
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Mood

uh, pollard??????

Cro??

(now you see why I say we need another bigman??)

Wait!!! How much "INSIDE" work does Ron do, really?

Well atleast Ron works a lot more from the inside than Peja and can atleast pound it decently for a SF.

Is it true that Bobby Jackson might want out?

I heard on another board (perhaps Clutch City) that he took a lot of heat for failing to come back from his abdominal injury late last year, and may be tired of taking crap for it and being a perennial backup to Bibby.

I know he's not a pure PG, but I'd take him any day of the week.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Btw just another reason there again, that IF, IF we HAD to absolutely trade him Marion would be one of the few I would be willing to trade him for, he gets rebounds, blocks lots of 2nd chance points too, beside being a pretty good passer, shooter, ball handler and having good speed and a good D.
    We wont get Pierce, without gutting the team and I dont think Pierce is worth that, personally.

Just my two cents.

Regards,

Mourning

Youman

I say if he wants out, lets see if they want Bender. We could even toss in Pollard since they now need a back up...lol

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    I agree with you - especially this part:

"I think we did a lot during my time here and and we shouldn't exaggerate individual losses and wins."

As for a Ron for Peja trade - I don't like it. SJax is supposed to help our outside shooting and removing Ron (one of the few Pacers who aggressively drive to the basket) and replacing him with another outside shooter would basically leave JO as our only inside threat. That doesn't even take into consideration the defensive side of the ball, where the Pacers would go from top 2 defensive team to a middle of the pack defensive team at best.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ron for Peja
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions