Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joakim Noah: Cleveland Sucks

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Joakim Noah: Cleveland Sucks

lol! I haven't seen that interview until now, but I've wanted to see it. Joakim is very strange looking, but very funny!! He just raised his likability (spelling??) to about 2% now lol....but in all seriousness, that is one of the greatest sports interviews I've seen in a long time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I kind of like pro-Joakim Noah almost as much as I hated college Joakim Noah.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I kind of like pro-Joakim Noah almost as much as I hated college Joakim Noah.

Agreed. Never really cared for him prior to joining the Bulls. I like the fact that he will say whatever is on his mind and doesn't back down about it later on. He's never gotten that far out of line, so as long as he continues how he is now I'll support the dude.
    Grown Man Ball

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Head games, that's all I get from you
    Head games, and I can't take it anymore
    Head games, don't wanna play the...
    Head games

So near, so far away
    We pass each other by 'cause we don't know what to say
    It's so clear, I'm sorry to say
    But if you wanna win you gotta learn how to play

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

And the second one, which cannot be embedded.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

No need to attack a city, especially one that has been dealing with hard economic times for at least two decades. Its tacky and unnecessary. And its a very personal attack. I recall Pacers fans not liking it when New York players and celebs (like Spike Lee) were dismissive of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana. Now some here want to give Noah a high-five for not having enough class to keep his mouth closed regarding the city of Cleveland? Okay. He's acting no different than Dennis Rodman who also went out of his way to trash cities that weren't as big, glamorous and cosmoploitan as Chicago. But at least Rodman had won something in the pros before opening his big mouth. Outside of his three year stop in Gainsville Noah has lived in three of the grestest cities on Earth: Paris, New York and Chicago. So now he attacks the city of Cleveland because it doesn't measure up? What a clown. No wonder Charles Barkley loves him so much. The words that came out of Charles' mouth were just as juvenile and pointless.
    Last edited by KennerLeaguer; 04-20-2010 at 07:30 PM.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KennerLeaguer For This Useful Post:

I agree that Noah shouldn't have said anything about the city of Cleveland itself. He's just frustrated by the way the series is going, and that's understandable.

But on the other hand, I don't think that it is that big of a deal either. I mean Noah has a little something going on with LeBron and the Cleveland fans, and it's not like he can boo the crowd during time-outs. So he's been doing his part by playing well and doing some trash talking before/after games.

I don't think that this makes him a clown. I mean, if you have to wait until you've won something to talk trash, then what about Reggie? Payton?

And frankly, doesn't the trash talking make what is an uneven series slightly more interesting?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

Gotta Play Big

He was not that funny, really....but he sounded 1000% more intelligent than another interview I heard from him. I actually like him more now.

Edit: Just to be clear, I still don't like him. I really thought he was an ignoramous. He probably still is, he's just not as bad as I thought originally.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 04-20-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KennerLeaguer View Post
    No need to attack a city, especially one that has been dealing with hard economic times for at least two decades. Its tacky and unnecessary. And its a very personal attack. I recall Pacers fans not liking it when New York players and celebs (like Spike Lee) were dismissive of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana. Now some here want to give Noah a high-five for not having enough class to keep his mouth closed regarding the city of Cleveland? Okay. He's acting no different than Dennis Rodman who also went out of his way to trash cities that weren't as big, glamorous and cosmoploitan as Chicago. But at least Rodman had won something in the pros before opening his big mouth. Outside of his three year stop in Gainsville Noah has lived in three of the grestest cities on Earth: Paris, New York and Chicago. So now he attacks the city of Cleveland because it doesn't measure up? What a clown. No wonder Charles Barkley loves him so much. The words that came out of Charles' mouth were just as juvenile and pointless.

Relax already. It's not like he said the people of Cleveland are worthless scum buckets. He just said that the city itself isn't anything great, and guess what... it isn't. Lord forbid an athlete say something honest. Wouldn't want all the sensitive types getting their panties in a twist about it.

Hooray for Joakim Noah saying what's on his mind, and not giving the same canned answers that 98% of athletes or celebrities give to reporters.
    Grown Man Ball

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

I recall Pacers fans not liking it when New York players and celebs (like Spike Lee) were dismissive of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana ..............
    I don't quite recall the fans reacting that way. In fact, the majority latched on to the Knick vs Hicks thing.

And you either live in Cleveland or have never been there. Am I right or am I right or am I right ?? Right ??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

College Noah was a product of his strange facial expressions in-game and the use of those replays ad nauseum.

Nowadays I find him pretty entertaining. I think he's a pretty bright guy and picks his spots accordingly. And he's a way, way better player than I thought he was going to be.

But seriously, he's probably the ugliest guy in the NBA, right?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post

I don't know. He's unusual looking, but I wouldn't call him ugly. SJax, now there's an ugly man.

Wait - are we really talking about this?
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

Sports Logo

I love Joakim Noah.

And his mom was Miss Sweden. He simply can't be the ugliest dude in the NBA. My vote goes to Chris Kaman.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The fact that there is a discussion about the ugliest player in the NBA and Robert Swift has not yet been mentioned baffles me.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

for someone who really isnt that accomplished in the nba, noah runs his mouth way too much
    reminds me of milicic

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    The fact that there is a discussion about the ugliest player in the NBA and Robert Swift has not yet been mentioned baffles me.
    He's still in the league? I thought the Sonics left him in Seattle when they moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    I love Joakim Noah.

And his mom was Miss Sweden. He simply can't be the ugliest dude in the NBA. My vote goes to Chris Kaman.
    There was a point in time where I would have said the whole Detroit team...(during the championship run...Prince...and...well..at least Rip wore the mask.)

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Relax already. It's not like he said the people of Cleveland are worthless scum buckets. He just said that the city itself isn't anything great, and guess what... it isn't. Lord forbid an athlete say something honest. Wouldn't want all the sensitive types getting their panties in a twist about it.

Hooray for Joakim Noah saying what's on his mind, and not giving the same canned answers that 98% of athletes or celebrities give to reporters.
    Its not about me having to relax. Its about this guy understanding he doesn't have to throw a city itself under a bus just because he's in a heated war with the team from that city. People on message boards and in the media praise him for being honest; I just see a dude looking for attention. First his comments about KG and now this? Why doesn't he stick to commenting about the actual series he's playing in? Besides...anyone can be honest. But if a player goes too far and make some comments that aren't exactly PC then all of a sudden people and the media get less comfortable with the idea of an athlete speaking his mind. So lets not pat Noah on the back for his childish remarks less we open a can of worms in which other players see that the road to getting the spotlight is through making outrageous comments that have NOTHING to do with the games themselves.

I've never been to Cleveland but I've hear a few people say its a bit of a dump still despite the revival of its downtown the past ten years. Still I would never take a swipe at a city's fortunes or its lack of cool hangout options if I was some millionaire athlete being interviewed by the media. Its not as if Noah has to live there. If he wants to go after LeBron, the Cleveland arena, the Cavs' fans or even the Cavs' cheerleaders then so be it. That's all part of the game (or gamemanship). But to slam a city for the reasons he did was childish. Frankly I think its just a level below saying something about another player's family. What does it have to do with anything? Just stay in your hotel, Noah, and STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    I don't quite recall the fans reacting that way. In fact, the majority latched on to the Knick vs Hicks thing.

And you either live in Cleveland or have never been there. Am I right or am I right or am I right ?? Right ??
    Ding, ding, ding! We got a winner. I've never been there. Never been to Somalia either but I've been told it can be a horribe place. Still I would hope I would have enough class and maturity to not take shots at it via the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
    College Noah was a product of his strange facial expressions in-game and the use of those replays ad nauseum.

Nowadays I find him pretty entertaining. I think he's a pretty bright guy and picks his spots accordingly. And he's a way, way better player than I thought he was going to be.

Here's another thing that I think crosses the line. If an opponent call Joakin ugly in front of the media I would be sticking up for Noah and getting on the other guy for saying something that has nothing to do with the game itself but is instead an unnecesary personal attack.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to KennerLeaguer For This Useful Post:

Seriously though, has anyone ever vacationed to Cleveland?

Thought not. It only hurts because it's true.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:

It isn't called the Mistake by the lake for no reason.

Its not about me having to relax. Its about this guy understanding he doesn't have to throw a city itself under a bus just because he's in a heated war with the team from that city. People on message boards and in the media praise him for being honest; I just see a dude looking for attention. First his comments about KG and now this? Why doesn't he stick to commenting about the actual series he's playing in? Besides...anyone can be honest. But if a player goes too far and make some comments that aren't exactly PC then all of a sudden people and the media get less comfortable with the idea of an athlete speaking his mind. So lets not pat Noah on the back for his childish remarks less we open a can of worms in which other players see that the road to getting the spotlight is through making outrageous comments that have NOTHING to do with the games themselves.

I've never been to Cleveland but I've hear a few people say its a bit of a dump still despite the revival of its downtown the past ten years. Still I would never take a swipe at a city's fortunes or its lack of cool hangout options if I was some millionaire athlete being interviewed by the media. Its not as if Noah has to live there. If he wants to go after LeBron, the Cleveland arena, the Cavs' fans or even the Cavs' cheerleaders then so be it. That's all part of the game (or gamemanship). But to slam a city for the reasons he did was childish. Frankly I think its just a level below saying something about another player's family. What does it have to do with anything? Just stay in your hotel, Noah, and STFU.
    Well, his KG comments were him being honest too. I really think Noah is just kind of a blunt guy who doesn't really care what people think about him. Personally, I have no problems with his comments about Cleveland. The city is kind of a dump, and I wouldn't be too offended if he said similar things about Indy. It's just his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    Seriously though, has anyone ever vacationed to Cleveland?

Thought not. It only hurts because it's true.
    lol dude i live in cleveland