Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Point Guard

Default Re: Point Guard

I know Parker is probably the top unrestricted free agent next year. It wouldn't hurt to go after him, but would he even want to come here? Eva is from Texas, right. Richard Jefferson comes of the books next year also, so they will have enough money to sign him. Heck he might sign with the Clippers to be closer to Eva, LOL.
    We need to go after young players who are willing to come here and help us rebuild. Tony has been on a winning team his whole career, why come to Indy?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've never understood why so many people are infatuated with Mike Conley. He's quick, but other than that, what exactly does he do well?

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never understood why so many people are infatuated with Mike Conley. He's quick, but other than that, what exactly does he do well?
    First off, you know people love the local kids. Second he has improved each year averaging 12pts and 5.3apg, not bad, but not top 10 either. Third, right now he is better than Price, and a year younger than him. Price could improve and pass him, but right now Conley is better.
    Saying all of that I am not a big Conley fan, just stating the facts. Would I take him, sure he would start here. Would he be the long term answer at PG maybe, but I would rather have Collison or Sessions, who I believe are attainable, first.

i hope for a sign and trade with Parker. He will be a great player for the next 4-5 years easily.

Sports Logo

Via FA....the best bet in the 2011-2012 Offseason for a PG is Tony Parker. The only problem and concern that I have with him...despite being 29 years old ( I think ) at the start of 2011-2012 is that I think that he has ALOT of miles on him. Think of the miles that JONeal had on him...despite his age. ...he just seemed to be have played far more minutes then most. If we could get him for 10+ mil for a 3 year contract...then I'd be cool with trying to sign him...but I have a feeling it would be a higher price tag as well as longer contract.

As to who TPTB should be throwing $$$ at will be dictated by what we do in the next season. But before we even get there....I have a sinking feeling that we will do ( what someone here suggested...I forgot who ) what the Celtics did and be making some type of trade similiar to the one that netted them Ray Allen. If something like this happens....it will change what is done in the 2011-2012 Offseason.
    Last edited by CableKC; 04-19-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think we should draft Jerryd Bayless. Oh, right.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jerryd_bayless/

Quote Originally Posted by Hillman's 'Fro' View Post
    Sookie-

I've always loved Parker's game (which has of course been facilitated/
    enhanced a fair amount by Duncan's presence).

But, what is his primary asset ? I would say it's his first step/incredible
    quickness. I know he's only in his late-20's. But, what happens when
    he starts to lose a even just a 1/2 step ?

A guy like Billips has already done so. But his game isn't dependent
    on blinding quickness so he gets away with it. TP probably won't.

As for the thread topic, I LOVED Teague in last year's draft. He's who I wanted
    at #13. If he's at all gettable (a word ?), I'm all for it.
    IT may be his primary asset but its not his only one. The difference between pgs that age well in the NBA is that they are willing to lean on their other assets like knowing angles, stutter steps, or overall size advanteage like someone mentioned with Billups.

One thing I like about TP is that he really can use angles to his advantage. If he can work on his 3 point shot then I think he would be really good pg for the Pacers during and post JOB.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

What's the best contract offer Parker gets next off-season from any team? 5 years/45 mil? I really have no idea, just curious what others would guess.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    What's the best contract offer Parker gets next off-season from any team? 5 years/45 mil? I really have no idea, just curious what others would guess.
    I'd hope that it was something comprable to what you're suggesting...but I'd guess that it would be closer to 5 years / 50 or 55 mil ( 10 to 11 mil on average ). He's the top PG FA going into the 2011-2012 Offseason. The only factor that I can see affecting this is the CBA negotiations and whether he would want a Player Option going into the 3rd/4th year of the contract to opt out so that he can go out and get a new Contract before he gets too old.

I'd be concerned about the # of miles he has but for some 5 year deal....he'd be 29 at the start of any new contract he signs and will be 33 at the start of the final season of his contract....which isn't that bad considering that he'd be at that age in the final year of his last major contract.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by ryheathco View Post
    I think we should draft Jerryd Bayless. Oh, right.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jerryd_bayless/
    He doesn't have a point-guard bone in his body. Portland badly needs his scoring to eliminate Phoenix though. It's disappointing he's still so inconsistent in that role.

I think the absolute floor for Parker concerning a new contract/extension is $11M per year.