Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noah on Garnett: "He's a dirty player"

Default Noah on Garnett: "He's a dirty player"

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...ty-player.html

Noah on Boston's Garnett: 'He's a dirty player'
    April 18, 2010 12:20 PM | 1 Comment

By K.C. Johnson

CLEVELAND -- As the league ponders whether to suspend Celtics forward Kevin Garnett for hitting Heat swingman Quentin Richardson in the face with an elbow, Bulls center Joakim Noah offered his opinion about Garnett.

"I'm going to say it: He's a dirty player," Noah said following Bulls practice Sunday.

Asked if he felt Garnett should be suspended, Noah went even stronger with his criticism.
    "I don't make the decisions," Noah said. "But he's always swinging elbows man. I'm hurting right now because of an elbow he threw. It's unbelievable. He's a dirty player. It's one thing to be competitive and compete. But don't be a dirty player man. He's a dirty player.

"That's messed up. I'm really excited about that (Heat-Celtics) series. It's going to be fun. I hope they put (Jamaal) Magloire in."

Jamaal Magloire is a rarely-used big man for the Heat, with the obvious implication that he would foul Garnett hard.

"He knows what he's doing," Noah said. "It's messed up. It's wrong. It's not right. And then after that to say . . . whatever I shouldn't even be talking about this stuff. It's crazy."

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Noah on Garnett: "He's a dirty player"

In other news, the sky is blue and grass is green.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In other news, the sky is blue and grass is green.
    How fitting to use the word "grass" in a Joakim Noah thread.

But seriously KG has been a borderline punk for most of his career but for some reason he gets a pass from the media.

LOL, remember what he did to Tyler and AJ..(at least they both kind of laughed it off)

The most irritating thing is that he goes after guys that are either little, or won't fight back...seriously..He makes it hard for me to want Ray to get another ring..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Oh the good times....

I can remember a very young K.G. bowing reverance to Dale Davis during a game and after words when he was being interviewed about why he did that he said "you don't want to make big Dale upset at you so you show him respect".

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KennerLeaguer View Post
    How fitting to use the word "grass" in a Joakim Noah thread.
    Do you think he is a pothead? And why do you think so?

______________ about Garnett

What is "dirty" today used to be considered "tough". I wish the Pacers had someone that played "dirty"...
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 04-18-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Granted KG has this scowl and plays physically, but for a guy whose only offensive move is a layup/dunk (without anybody in the gym), I think Noah mouths off too much. He is not even in the same series!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Do you think he is a pothead? And why do you think so?

______________ about Garnett

What is "dirty" today used to be considered "tough". I wish the Pacers had someone that played "dirty"...
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3411961

i think dirty and tough is a huge difference.

garnett last night dirty.... playing through injuries and defending physical players is tough...

The pacers had artest which was both and i know i hated the dirty plays that he made..

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    i think dirty and tough is a huge difference.

garnett last night dirty.... playing through injuries and defending physical players is tough...

The pacers had artest which was both and i know i hated the dirty plays that he made..
    It's just a different game today, there is much less intimidation. Kevin is kind of a throwback in that regard.

I think KG's dirty not tough. He starts crap with smaller players than himself..and the way he fights is like..elbows and pushing. I'll pass.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    It's just a different game today, there is much less intimidation. Kevin is kind of a throwback in that regard.

oh i agree totally different. but it doesn't make it any better intimidation is giving a hard foul when you are driving to the basket (while actually going for the ball)

if garnett is so tough he wouldn't have to throw his cheap shots and then raise his arms up like he didn't do anything.

I wish the Pacers had a player like Garnett and I'm glad they don't have a player like Noah. Nothing much else matters. I've seen Kevin play many times and his talent and determination are what stands out...not whatever dirty plays he's made. This is not dance class...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I wish the Pacers had a player like Garnett and I'm glad they don't have a player like Noah. Nothing much else matters. I've seen Kevin play many times and his talent and determination are what stands out...not whatever dirty plays he's made. This is not dance class...
    not sure how it is possible to hate on Noah if you have seen him at all this year. all heart.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IUfan4life For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dunno if I'd call KG "dirty" necessarily, but I think he can be fake at times. Trying to force passion/emotion instead of having it occur genuinely.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    not sure how it is possible to hate on Noah if you have seen him at all this year. all heart.
    Agreed, and I'll be the first to say I've never been a Noah fan, but this year he has been impressive.

if joakim noah were on the pacers he would be a fan favorite... deservedly... im not sure why you wouldnt want him on the pacers...

rebounds extremely well on both sides of the court, defends well, great high post passer, and plays with 110% effort and 110% heart 100% of the time.

actually id go as far as to say that at this stage in their careers id rather have noah than garnett.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkipperZ For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would love Noah in Blue & Gold hands down
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

Mood

Noah is one of those kids who you love to have on your team and hate if he is on another team. You have to love the kids energy, passion and work ethic. If he were ever in blue and gold I'd root for him.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Crawling on all fours to taunt a smaller player - let's just say that you wouldn't see Dale Davis or Anthony Mason doing that s***.

Vote - punk.

And the funny thing is that it all started because Pierce was basically being called out for another drama moment of "injury". Maybe if PP hadn't already done the wheelchair, no wait I'm okay to play now act you wouldn't have see that response. But now it's hard not to sympathize with a player who walks over and says "whatever man, get out of the way so I can inbounds the ball".

BTW, love Noah. Liked him as a prospect and love where his game has gone. He's one of the top young bigs out there right now. You can forget just how big he is till you see him live. He's a force, way bigger than Brad Miller when they are out there together.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Kevin Garnett back in the nineties wouldn't be pulling this stuff. The Heat are a team always ready to get down and dirty, it's just Heat Culture from back when it was Pat Riley, PJ Brown, Tim Hardaway, and Alonzo Mourning that is still around. Jamaal Magloire, Udonis Haslem, Jermaine O'Neal, Q-Rich, and Joel Anthony are all tough dudes. No Mourning's, Posey's, or Gary Payton's like in 2006, but still some crazy dudes. Garnett is a slap and run guy, I remember watching Arkansas's big men punk Glen Davis in college, Perkins just makes mean faces, Sheed is crap, and otherwise they're not a tough group. Like back in 2008 the only real tough guy on that roster was PJ Brown.

I just love the gran irony that Paul Pierce faking an injury lead to the whole KG thing.

I was not a big Noah fan at first especially for his tendency to run his mouth too much tomwards veterans... Remember Ben Wallace in Noah's rookie year. Well it appears Noah was kinda right in the end. I think he's worked more than anybody in the league to earn his place and he's definitely become legitimate today.

Just hate Garnett, his pattern of hit and run on smaller players always screaming and munching his chest really makes me sick. Another reason for me to love Duncan, he just made him shut up so many times

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    LOL, remember what he did to Tyler and AJ..(at least they both kind of laughed it off)

The most irritating thing is that he goes after guys that are either little, or won't fight back...seriously..He makes it hard for me to want Ray to get another ring..
    It is the typical bully mentality. he goes after the people he perceives to be weaker then him so he can look big, bad, and tough. The moment anyone stands up to him off he scurries behind his teammates making it look like he is being held back. The guy is all bark and no bite.

Out of all the sports I watch he and Rodney Harrison are the only two players I hate with a passion and actually laughed when they both got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I hope your desire is for a bit younger KG. The last thing this team needs is a declining veteran whom is a constantly injured and a shell of his former self. I am sure we could get JO back if your really want.

Just playing around here obviously

I used to hate Noah at Florida, but I'm loving him more and more every time he opens his mouth. The NBA needs some characters

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...-really-sucks/