Thread: 2010 - 2011 Point Guard

Default 2010 - 2011 Point Guard

I'd like to know what everyone thinks about our point guard situation going into next season. I know it's been discussed in many threads already but I thought it deserved its own.

The top five teams in the lottery are NJ, Minnesota, Sacramento, GSW, and Washington. If NJ wins, do they trade Harris? Does Minnesota trade Rubio? Does GSW trade Wall? What could each of those teams use that we would be willing to offer? Do we try to swap Ford for Jack with Toronto or for Felton with Charlotte? Do we revisit the trade for DJ? Does Collison look good enough that the Hornets would be willing to part with the high priced, injured Chris Paul? Or should we try to re-sign Watson?

So I'd like some opinions on this. Please no other FO or coach talk here. I don't want to hear "well it doesn't matter who we get because O'Brien will just..."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tsm612 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2010 - 2011 Point Guard

Well it doesn't matter who we get because O'Brien will just play the other guy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it doesn't matter who we get because O'Brien will just play the other guy.

It really depends on what you want to do.

My preference is this..

We aren't going to challenge for a championship next season, we probably won't even go to the playoffs.

It would be the perfect time to get experience for young point guards. We have Price..
    Why not draft Bledsoe? And play those two as many minutes as possible. At times it'll be sloppy, but those two are talented, and share the possibility of being the solution at the Point.

Also, if New Orleans wants to completely clean house, (in my dream world) I'd love to pull a trade of Chris Paul/Okafor for TJ/Murphy and some sort of filler..(probably would have to part with Roy or Rush ..although in this hypothetical dream world, I suppose I can suggest Solo )

All that being said, It's not going to suprise me if
    we do the DJ + Henderson + other dude for Ford and Rush
    Then figure out a way to sign Watson..and go into the season with Watson as the starter and Price and DJ fighting for the backup spot.
    Last edited by Sookie; 04-14-2010 at 11:31 PM.

I'm betting some version of the Felton trade happens. Larry may get desperate and throw in a draft pick just so he can show he did something, but I think it'll get done.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Of those top 5, the ones who don't need a PG would just take Turner except for maybe GSW. They are the only team I can see trading down in this draft, and it would only be to #3 or #4 for Favors or Cousins. And it would cost something like the #3/4, Josh and some other asset.

Sports Logo

TPTB will try to trade Ford in the offseason......won't get anything that they consider of value and we'll be forced to watch do his patented "dribble into the paint, jump into the air, look to see who to pass it to....then end up turning it over" move for another couple of months until Feb 2011. He will then be traded for some overpaid Player that we don't really want that eats into our 2011-2012 salarycap.

Does that sound about right?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe we can do a Watson (S&T) for Felton (S&T) without having to owe Felton 8M in a deal giving up Ford.

We need a good PG who can find Brandon from behind the arc. It won't be smart to move him at all or any of our youth.

I'd take Bledsoe and put Ford as 3rd string behind Price. It would still be good to have a veteran PG for most of the season until the deadline.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I'm betting some version of the Felton trade happens. Larry may get desperate and throw in a draft pick just so he can show he did something, but I think it'll get done.
    As long as it's not our #10 pick, I'm cool with that.

Maybe a S&T of Felton for Ford, along with (presumably, technically, a separate trade) Rush for Henderson (and maybe Augustine)?

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Maybe we can do a Watson (S&T) for Felton (S&T) without having to owe Felton 8M in a deal giving up Ford.

We need a good PG who can find Brandon from behind the arc. It won't be smart to move him at all or any of our youth.

I'd take Bledsoe and put Ford as 3rd string behind Price. It would still be good to have a veteran PG for most of the season until the deadline.
    I think you just need to go young with it, honestly. We want Price and Bledsoe to learn, they gotta play. I'd rather the two of them not learn anything from Ford as well..if AJ picks up the *dribble dribble dribble jump in the air and turn it over* move..I won't be happy..