Thread: NO

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default NO

I know this has been brought up before by many of us wishful thinkers, but I will throw it out there in a little different format this time.

Chris Paul

for

Troy Murphy
    Brandon Rush
    2010 #10 Overall
    $3M in cash because NO is always asking for liquidity in deals

May be a pipe dream, but Murphy would compliment their front court for a year. Brandon would fill their severe need at SG and they would hand the reins over to Darren Collison. They could take best available at #10 and #12 (say G. Monroe/C. Aldrich and X. Henry) or package those two picks to move up for a better player. Maybe an Aminu or Johnson that could fill in on the wings long-term.

Mood

Default Re: NO

I would love it myself but I have to agree with the pipe dream theory.

look good but NO would never do it. They could get more in return from another team
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

NO is way over the cap next year so they may be looking to unload a big contract for expirings/savings. Something like CP3 for TJ/Rush/Solo or McBob, swap picks this year + cash to cover the pick, future lotto-protected 1st.

They know Collison can be their PG and this will give them a vet backup/spot starter for a year. They also get a young wing that plays great D with a growing offensive potential. We throw in Solo or McBob to cover salaries. They get this year's 1st rounder paid for plus a future 1st.

We get a top-tier PG and use their pick to get Udoh/Monroe/Patterson/Henry/Vesely.
    A healthy man takes a crap every day. A smart man does it on company time.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

i think the hornets would look to get more than that for chris paul.

here's what i think it would take to pry paul from them:

paul + okafor for granger + murphy + #10

we take on okafor's contract, and offer them an all-star in granger and an expiring contract in murphy. even then, i think the hornets may refuse.

btw, manguera, re swapping picks with hornets this year, they're at #11, just one behind us not much value in swapping