Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 77

Thread: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

  1. #1
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,878

    Default Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah


    Not much playing time for D. Jones

    Posted by Mike Wells



    THE `HOUSE - There was plenty of outrage with comments on the bottom of my story, through email and on the previous blog about Pacers owner Herb Simon saying Larry Bird and Jim O'Brien will return next season.

    I can't say I'm really shocked that Simon has decided to stick with them.

    Bird told his boss that it would take time to rebuild things. Bird also wouldn't have given O'Brien a contract extension (that's still a head scratcher), which is fully guaranteed next season, back in September if he didn't want him to take part in the process.

    It'll be interesting to see what happens if the Pacers get off to a slow start next season, though.

    *******************

    Dahntay Jones might want to spend a lot of time working on his 3-point shot this summer because O'Brien gave the indication that he plans to continue using players that can space the court.

    That's not Jones' game. That's not why the Pacers gave him a four-year contract with a player option on the fourth year last summer.

    Jones is only 4-of-32 from long distance this season.

    "Let me answer it this way, I like to space the court," O'Brien said. "I like to space the court. I think if we were to get a point guard that can really space the court, shoot the 3, I think you can get away with having a wing that doesn't space the court."

    Jones hadn't played in four of the previous seven games prior to Saturday.

    "It's definitely been challenging a little, but I'm always going to play when called upon," Jones said. "I've had to play a different range of positions offensively and defensively and I'm just trying to contribute where I can."

    twitter.com/wells222
    http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...ch_playin.html

    It's time to hire a real basketball person to directly interface with Simon and put an end to this ****.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  2. #2
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,159
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    And his best 3pt shooting pg can't start................ just more of Flim talking out of the side of his head.....
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    If the Pacers get off to a slow start? What the **** are they defining as a slow start?

  5. #4
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,040

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's time to hire a real basketball person to directly interface with Simon and put an end to this ****.
    You were the one that complained the loudest when Walsh was here that the Pacers didn't have a plan. Now they have a plan and their sticking to it and you don't like it.

    Simon is a smart man, he has good basketball people and he knows it. I think people on here are way to critical.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    In the last few days, each time I read a quote from JOB I have to check to make sure that the post isn't some kind of prank. I don't really care who coaches next season since I think it's a lost season anyway, but something is clearly up with JOB. He's basically become a parody of himself, as if—after realizing that his hallowed 'plan' isn't working and will likely never work with this particular roster—he can do nothing but reduce himself to a cartoon, defensively repeating the same simple-minded platitudes over and over. Space the court, space the court.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  8. #6

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Simon is a smart man, he has good basketball people and he knows it. I think people on here are way to critical.

    I wouldn't disagree Simon is a smart man, but he seems to know little about BB. He's had the view to let others, Walsh now Bird, run the show and stay in the background as an invisible hands off owner. How's that worked the last 6 years? Obviously not well. He's the one who came out and publicly stated he was was going to get more involved. What did that mean? Letting Bird allow Jimmy to use a system that is not conducive to the players. By doing so Simon allowed Bird and Jimmy to not let the Pacers, his franchise, to not be the best team they could be, not developing the youth for the future, and not making the playoffs this year. Now just how smart was that??

  9. #7

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupisGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    defensively repeating the same simple-minded platitudes over and over. Space the court, space the court.
    It is true that O'Brien has ceased to sound credible, but can you go a little deeper with this, Soup? Or BBall?

    There is nothing necessarily simple-minded about spacing the court. That is a sound basketball principle.




    .
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  10. #8
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is true that O'Brien has ceased to sound credible, but can you go a little deeper with this, Soup? Or BBall?

    There is nothing necessarily simple-minded about spacing the court. That is a sound basketball principle.
    .

    its one thing to space the court - its another to have 5 guys outside of the 3 pt line...from JOB's comments - that is his dream -to put on 5 players to the floor that can stay outside the 3pt line to jack up 3 pointers...

  11. #9
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,946

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah



    As I've said before, just glad I've got Purdue to watch. Might start watching Butler, too, though I bet those Horizon games get pretty boring.

    And in Bball's defense, I think it was implicit that if said plan was making the team worse every year, then it should be scrapped in favor of a new one.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  12. #10

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is true that O'Brien has ceased to sound credible, but can you go a little deeper with this, Soup? Or BBall?

    There is nothing necessarily simple-minded about spacing the court. That is a sound basketball principle.




    .

    Spacing the court seems to be the "primary single focus" that Jimmy is concerned about. I don't hear him constantly alluding to playing "D" like he does about spacing the court. Maybe concentrating less on spacing the court and more on other attributes of the game the Pacers would be in the playoffs. Wasn't that the goal of ownership and the franchise FO this year? Seems like Jimmy either didn't get the memo or he just refused understand the goal.

  13. #11
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Posts
    3,536
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Not everyone on ANY roster anywhere is capable of hitting threes, not even All-Star teams. Most coaches don't obsess over it to the level that our coach does, where playing time is apparently based more on the ability to take and make threes and the volume of threes that a player is willing to take than what even some of the biggest detractors of our coach probably had believed until the latest flurry of articles has shown that pattern in his quotes.

    Ball movement and player movement without the ball are keys to sound fundamental basketball play and are instrumental in truly spacing the court and keeping it spaced whether shots are falling or not, thereby increasing the likelihood that quality looks are consistently available.

    Once again, Jimmy "3'Balls" (surely there is a surgical procedure to correct that) is totally contradicting what we were told during last off season, this time regarding the fact that Dahntay was brought in for his defensive intensity because 3'Balls is defensively oriented as a coach somehow . Now that we, and 3'Balls, have seen that Dahntay can't shoot the 3, 3'Balls hasn't been playing him due to his not being able to "space the court".

    This is just another example of how out of touch with reality 3'Balls actually is, IMO. During our early season flourish, Dahntay showed that he can slash (though he makes poor decisions frequently when he does so which presents other problems, but those are somewhat correctable) and at least defend at a fairly high level (though his over-aggressiveness leads to unnecessary touch fouls at times). Both of those attributes are important, especially the ability to cause defenses to collapse due to smart partaking of the "low hanging fruit of the Tree of Penetration" (yes, not "spacing the court" actually increases the likelihood of the actual perimeter shooters getting higher quality looks in the absence of a post game that 3'Balls generally shuns, thereby actually "spacing the court" after all). 3'Balls apparently doesn't care about those relative strengths and sits Dahntay accordingly if there is any accuracy to what Wells has posted.

    We were told that Dahntay was specifically brought in to boost our defensive intensity. Now, 3'Balls apparently hasn't been playing him because he cannot hit the three with regularity.

    Where is 3'Balls actually focused, on defense or shooting 3's? Plainly, even Mr. Obvious from the Bob and Tom Showwould answer this rhetorical question correctly now.

    But, when we hit threes at a high rate, as we have been lately, we tend to outscore our opponents and win games. The problem is that it is totally unrealistic to expect that to happen even half of the time, especially in our 82game season, even if we put nobody out there besides Roy who is not a three point threat.

  14. #12
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,040

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And in Bball's defense, I think it was implicit that if said plan was making the team worse every year, then it should be scrapped in favor of a new one.

    People today have little patience. A new plan would make little sense since there's nothing wrong with the one the Pacers have now.

    Someone tell me how you could improve the plan without throwing money at it, and buying lottery picks like the Blazers did? Or, gambling on a quick fix, that could set us back?

    Herb and Mel paid the tax when we were a contender. It's understandable that Herb doesn't want to spend anymore than he has to in todays clime.

    The plan is a sound one. Collect a core of players until we have money to spend to flesh out the team with the needed players.

    As for getting worse, I disagree with that. Bird has swapped out a lot of players and built up the core while remaining competitive until early this year. Now the team has it together and is playing it's best ball since the brawl/David Stern wrecked us.

    Last year we had one winning streak of three games. This year we won't be far off from last years record. What's more we have two winning streaks of five games and we are on a four game win streak right now.

    Last year we finished our last 16 games, 8-8. This year we can finish 13-3. And we even look better. What's more all of our games last year seemed to come down to the last possession. This year we are beating good teams by a healthy margin.

    There's nothing wrong with the Pacers plans, fans just don't have any patience.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  16. #13
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,878

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You were the one that complained the loudest when Walsh was here that the Pacers didn't have a plan. Now they have a plan and their sticking to it and you don't like it.

    Simon is a smart man, he has good basketball people and he knows it. I think people on here are way to critical.
    What exactly is that plan, Will? Is it to alienate the fanbase and ultimately move/sell the team?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  17. #14
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,040

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What exactly is that plan, Will? Is it to alienate the fanbase and ultimately move/sell the team?
    With the advent of the Internet, fan bases are always going to be alienated when a team is losing.

    Fans today aren't happy with just winning, they want the team to win their way too.

    As for the plan, you know what it is, but it's not bearing fruit fast enough to suite you so you are unhappy with it.

    As for the Pacers leaving Indy . . . it seems most/some of you only want to support the Pacers on your own terms. That's fine, it's your money.

    As I see it, if the Pacers leave Indy it was because the fan base wasn't patient.

  18. #15
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Posts
    3,536
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People today have little patience. A new plan would make little sense since there's nothing wrong with the one the Pacers have now.

    Someone tell me how you could improve the plan without throwing money at it, and buying lottery picks like the Blazers did? Or, gambling on a quick fix, that could set us back?

    Herb and Mel paid the tax when we were a contender. It's understandable that Herb doesn't want to spend anymore than he has to in todays clime.

    The plan is a sound one. Collect a core of players until we have money to spend to flesh out the team with the needed players.

    As for getting worse, I disagree with that. Bird has swapped out a lot of players and built up the core while remaining competitive until early this year. Now the team has it together and is playing it's best ball since the brawl/David Stern wrecked us.

    Last year we had one winning streak of three games. This year we won't be far off from last years record. What's more we have two winning streaks of five games and we are on a four game win streak right now.

    Last year we finished our last 16 games, 8-8. This year we can finish 13-3. And we even look better. What's more all of our games last year seemed to come down to the last possession. This year we are beating good teams by a healthy margin.

    There's nothing wrong with the Pacers plans, fans just don't have any patience.
    I think there is more patience for rebuilding and the time it takes to do so than it currently appears. The problem is that what has happened has very likely increased the amount of time that the rebuilding process is going to take.

    This makes it difficult to ultimately trust the "plan" because it will probably take a couple of additional years to undo what has happened from a basketball fundamentals standpoint, whether we simply wreck the team and start over when a new coach comes in, or if the new coach has to untrain the players from 3-Ball and install a plan that fits whatever group of players we have at that time.

    Yes, our threes are falling now, even against teams that still have had something to play for, and we have won more games than anyone anywhere thought possible after our playoff elimination. But, regarding close games, last year at least the team was consistently close while the season was still salvageable and the playoffs were at least possible, if not likely. We did regress, IMO, despite our threes falling at this point.

  19. #16
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,372
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Space the court? We're on Earth, you can't do that.

  20. #17
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,878

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is true that O'Brien has ceased to sound credible, but can you go a little deeper with this, Soup? Or BBall?

    There is nothing necessarily simple-minded about spacing the court. That is a sound basketball principle.
    You don't space the court at every position and off the bench as well. Even if you could create some Frankenstein on paper and see only the bright side of your creation, the reality of creating it and executing it would fall woefully short. Not every player can be a good to great 3 point shooter. Especially if that player has played as a traditional 4-5 his entire career. Even some wings just don't have the ability or mentality to just launch shots at any moment. But even if they don't bring that one thing to the court most coaches can find and utilize the things they do bring to the court. It's simply crazy to expect that every position on the court can be a 3 point threat... and to get that the sacrifices made on other parts of the game will kill you.

    For one thing there is a reason natural (read: traditional) roles have developed on the basketball court. Gimmicks have come and gimmicks have gone. Rules and rule changes have been utilized by coaches to their advantage. But that's not simply what I'm seeing from O'Brien. I'm seeing (and reading/hearing) nothing but a total gimmick which just doesn't make sense to me.

    And there seems to be a total fixation on this one aspect that is IMHO simply beyond reason. Other teams have a couple of players capable of 'stretching the floor' and they win with that. IMO this is not a case of "If a little is good a lot will be that much better"

    Our terrible transition d over the course of O'Brien's tenure has been a direct result of his offense. Not every quick shot is a bad one, but every missed quick shot is an opportunity for the other team. Especially, quick 3's.

    Players brought up with good coaching and who understand the game have to be confused and confounded with what O'Brien is preaching. He's creating bad habits that will take time for a real coach to undo. I'm sure he's creating dissension amongst the ranks. There's no way he's not. They players can see what is working and what is not. They can see when he says one thing but does another. And when it gets down to it the thing he always seem to say and mean (thru actions) is the "Space the court" stuff for all 5 positions. Quick offense and a lot of long ball. Forget defense. Forget traditional roles. Forget a winning record.

    This man is truly a horrible coach.
    Last edited by Bball; 04-11-2010 at 12:54 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  22. #18

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    ^^^ Thanks. That's a good amplification of the point.


    .
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  23. #19
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,040

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is that what has happened has very likely increased the amount of time that the rebuilding process is going to take.
    I disagree. The plan is when the big contracts expire, to get needed players with the extra money. That plan hasn't changed.

    You're saying it will take more time for our players to learn a new style.

    Well, when we get the new players they will need time to fit in and develop chemistry with their teammates, because they will have a new coach and new style.

    So what difference does it make if we have two or three players or a whole team learning a new system?

    Either way it would likely take a year before we actually have the chemistry to be a threat to win a title.

    But maybe not, Bird seems to be getting players with high basketball IQ's. And most NBA players aren't dumb, they grew up playing different styles and systems.

    The way I see it by the end of that year the team would have learned the new system and be a threat.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  25. #20
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,449

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Jim O'Brien in a word, hubris.

    I am now more convinced than ever that this guy is such a true believer in his defensive system (I know you are shocked because you thought I was going to say his offensive system) that he willingly and openly plays players who are poor to mediocre defenders but excell at what he wants at them from the offensive end.

    This is why you have Mike Dunleavy playing over D. Jones and why he plays Troy Murphy so much.

    I actually have come to believe his own rhetorick when it comes to defense. I do think he thinks he is a defensive coach, but his defense is based on his system not the individual talents of the players. I think that he thinks that as long as they are willing to do what he tells them on the defensive end that they will do fine but he really needs their talent on the offensive end of the floor.

    Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying I agree with him but I think in my mind that is what he believes.

    Also I will still go against the grain a little and even against his own recent penchant for talking with Wells and say that he wants shooters on the floor to open up the lane for driving to the basket. He wants and demands that everybody be a threat on the floor from outside so that other teams will have to leave the middle being guarded by a smaller player.

    Like many ideas, this works on paper but does not always work in real life.



    Also somebody had to do it so let it be me.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  27. #21

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The plan is a sound one. Collect a core of players until we have money to spend to flesh out the team with the needed players.
    If that is the plan and it has always been such then:

    - Why sign D. Jones to a 4 year contract to play for a coach that doesn't value his primary skill?

    - Why draft "NBA ready" upper classmen over more talented but less ready players? Jrue Holliday?

    - Why draft a big man that is exactly the opposite of what your chosen coach wants? (Hibbert)

    - Why extend, instead of trade, a worn down Jeff Foster? He won't be here at the end of the three year plan anyway.

    Can somebody tell me when Bird first mentioned the three year plan? Because all I ever remember is hearing him say how he didn't want to rebuild and that we were striving to compete now. The three year plan makes since if the rest of your decisions are along the same path. They haven't been. Every decision that has been made has been to make the playoffs now. The three year plan has been, IMO, the pacifier to explain Bird misjudging his coach and roster.

  28. #22
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,683

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Spacing the court is one of the very first and basic principles of NBA offense. Why so many of you freak out everytime you hear it is beyond me

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  30. #23
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,199

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last year we had one winning streak of three games. This year we won't be far off from last years record. What's more we have two winning streaks of five games and we are on a four game win streak right now.

    Last year we finished our last 16 games, 8-8. This year we can finish 13-3. And we even look better. What's more all of our games last year seemed to come down to the last possession. This year we are beating good teams by a healthy margin.

    There's nothing wrong with the Pacers plans, fans just don't have any patience.

    I think you are on to something. A lot of people are dismissing this recent good play as meaningless and I think that is short sighted. This team is flat out better than early in the season and the core is starting to develop some much needed chemistry. Granger is playing as well as I have ever seen him, better than last year even.

    If Obrien sticks with the current rotation (or something similar) I think this team is .500 next year.

    However, If we are back to "small ball gives us the best chance to win" than I set the building on fire.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  31. #24
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,449

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spacing the court is one of the very first and basic principles of NBA offense. Why so many of you freak out everytime you hear it is beyond me
    I don't think anybody does. Nobody disputes it's purpose or value.

    What IS in dispute is the percieved image that Jim O'Brien values floor spacing first, second and third in his on court players. Spacing above all others.

    Here, let's play a game for a min. one that you should be able to relate to.

    Now for arguments sake let's say that Roy Hibbert (who I know you don't care much for but for this game let's just say that he has to be there) is your center.

    Do you, Uncle Buck, want Troy Murphy next to him on the floor or do you, Uncle Buck, want a young healthy Jeff Foster on the floor with him? Now why do you want who you want?

    Now who do you think Jim O'Brien would want on the floor with him? Now why would he want him on the floor with him?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  32. #25
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,449

    Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Space the court Blah Blah Blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you are on to something. A lot of people are dismissing this recent good play as meaningless and I think that is short sighted. This team is flat out better than early in the season and the core is starting to develop some much needed chemistry. Granger is playing as well as I have ever seen him, better than last year even.

    If Obrien sticks with the current rotation (or something similar) I think this team is .500 next year.

    However, If we are back to "small ball gives us the best chance to win" than I set the building on fire.
    Get your matches ready.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •