Thread: Most important way the Pacers get better next year...

Default Most important way the Pacers get better next year...

Win on the road!!! I brought this up in the
    "This is the best ball we've played sine the brawl... " thread but I thought it deserved it's own thread because it is very much an issue. The numbers are pretty simple. The Pacers are as far 9-31 I REPEAT 9-31 on the road this year. Everyone wants to talk about how well we are playing of late yet they don't want to look at the bigger picture. Since March 9th we have played 6 road games and lost 4 of them. That's right during this stretch of when we are suppose to be playing our best basketball and giving us hope for next season we are still playing .333 on the road. More telling than that is the fact that those two wins on the road were against Detroit and Cleveland. Lets be honest Detroit was pretty much a given and it took us till the last minute of the game to beat a Cleveland team without Mo Will and LBJ. So if we are to make any noise next year we have to start winning road games. That is why I can't get excited about how this team is playing now because we are mostly beating teams at home that are out of the playoffs and that honestly not playing as hard as they were to start the season. Winning home games are great for the fans but winning road games are great for making the playoffs.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Most important way the Pacers get better next year...

Actually, its finding a new coach.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Win the lottery
    -fixes the PG need
    -Fixes marketing & ticket sales
    -Fixes having no "Robin"
    -Fixes the "tranking argument"
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Good point. Everybody wins at home, only the best teams find ways to win on the road.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Road wins and a Point Guard. Throw in Tyler and Mike both having a good summer and a good training camp. Oh yeah...no other injuries.

Well, I agree w/you PF31 in the overall picture that yet another late-season spurt does not necessarily equal that we've turned the corner and it will carry over into next season. See similar pattern toward the end last year that resulted in no momentum in the first half this year.

On the other hand, if you are a poor team trying to develop, which we are, the first step you attemtp to take toward respectability and long-term progress is to defend your homecourt. So some may choose to interpret it in this light as some semblance of improvement. So, ultimately, we won't know a final answer until we see if we regress to open next season like we did this one.

Given no significant roster changes, I tend to see it your way-back to struggling. However, there is a slight possibility there will be enough maturation of the younger guys, recoup from injury of a few key guys, Watson back running the point at his recent level (AJ as #2 there), DG consistently recent caliber, McBob playing significant role, etc., etc. If that happened, we wouldn't be good, but we might be closer to mediocre.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata