Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need answers from Satellite TV users

Default Need answers from Satellite TV users

I'm planning to switch to DishNetwork from Cable before the 04-05 season starts.

What I wanted to know, was what are the minimum requirements to be able to get NBA League Pass, and how much does it cost.

Also, some other questions:

Is there more than one type of dish you get, or is that basically the same for everyone?

Plus, I was planning on getting the "America's Top120" package. If I have that, can I order NBA League Pass, or does it matter at all what package I get?

Same question regrading receivers. If I get two of the basic receiver (no digital recording, no HDTV), is that fine for being able to get NBA League Pass?

I'm trying to see any potential snags before I dive into this.

And it would also be helpful to know how much it cost you to have your system installed, plus how much each receiver cost you (and what year you had this done).
    [edit=12=1090559801][/edit]

Default Re: Need answers from DishNetwork users

I think I've had DishNetwork in the past.

That tells you something right there. I don't have it now. n:

Anyones who DOES have it care to respond?

RimBender

I'm pretty sure you can get league pass with any package you order.

And there is only one type dish, and when cloudy weather rolls around your reception goes out, which is a major disadvantage.

I dont pay the bills untill another year, my pops does that for now.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hicks...NBA League Pass opperates totally seperate from the other garbage and you should be able to order it just having the bare *** minimum. That is what I do, but I am on :directv:!

...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Hicks you should be able to get directv in the Indy area. I was going to get it but in Philly Comcast has a blackout policy of the 76ers games on the dish.

So I had to get Comcast digital cable instead and the league pass package was about $150 last season. You can get the standard one room directv with free installation and free hardware for like $40 a month. The link is below for you just enter your zip code and click on the free 1 room system link on that page. I don't have it like I mentioned but I think some other people on here have it so they can let you know whether or not the Pacers games are blacked out on the dish but I don't think they are.

directv link

[edit=73=1090561836][/edit]
    [edit=73=1090561962][/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have had Dish for 5 years or more. I like it real well. If it storms you will lose the signal sometimes but over all it works fine for me. The picture quality is very good and their programming is much better than cable. (I've had it before and they don't have the selection Dish has.) NBA league pass is less than 200 bucks. 175 or so comes to mind. I do not subscribe to that because there is enough games on for me to get my fix anyway. I think I missed 2 Pacer games all year do to no local TV that night. Usually TNT ESPN WGN and WTTV carry all the games I'm able to see anyway.

The cost of installation is about 150.00 and includes recievers. I have two recievers in my house and my wife can watch what she wants while my games are on.

I really like Dish Network and it costs me about 65.00 per month. I have the Dish 500 plan and don't suscribe to any pay channels.

They have had one price increase in the time I've had the service. It was like 2 bucks per month.

call 1-800-333-DISH for info.

www.dishnetwork.com

Hope this helps. Hoopsforlife

Hey Al Bundy---err, I mean dipper, nice avatar!
    [edit=53=1090542489][/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsforlife
    I really like Dish Network and it costs me about 65.00 per month. I have the Dish 500 plan and don't suscribe to any pay channels.
    What is the Dish 500 plan?

Pacer4fun

I had Dish this past year and saw just about all the games for around $32 a month, that is the basic package for $24.99 and another $4.99 for the fox sports package. That gives you all the home games and the away games are on TNT ESPN and WTTV.
    I upgrade during the summer to watch summer games on NBA-tv.
    I've compared Direct TV and Dish and I liked Dish better.

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    Hey Al Bundy---err, I mean dipper, nice avatar!
    Al Bundy was the man.

And is there any additional cost to actually pay for the dish itself that sits outside your home?

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsforlife
    I have had Dish for 5 years or more. I like it real well. If it storms you will lose the signal sometimes but over all it works fine for me. The picture quality is very good and their programming is much better than cable. (I've had it before and they don't have the selection Dish has.) NBA league pass is less than 200 bucks. 175 or so comes to mind. I do not subscribe to that because there is enough games on for me to get my fix anyway. I think I missed 2 Pacer games all year do to no local TV that night. Usually TNT ESPN WGN and WTTV carry all the games I'm able to see anyway.

The cost of installation is about 150.00 and includes recievers. I have two recievers in my house and my wife can watch what she wants while my games are on.

They have had one price increase in the time I've had the service. It was like 2 bucks per month.

call 1-800-333-DISH for info.

www.dishnetwork.com

Hope this helps. Hoopsforlife

$65 a month for NO premium channels???

Does WTTV still carry the Pacers? We used to get that here in Fort Wayne on Comcast, but not for the past 5 years(?) or so.
    I think the Pacers were on 3 times last season on TNT or
    ESPN.
    I go to a bar to watch them.

Old as Dirt

Direct TV had all but 2 or 3 games this past season. WTTV, Fox Mid West, TNT. And you have some decent annoucers on these channels.

Old as Dirt

Can you get the stations from Indy, in FW? If so WTTV is on the dish

And is there any additional cost to actually pay for the dish itself that sits outside your home?

DISH 500 is the world's first 500-channel digital satellite TV system. DISH Network has developed an advanced 20" dish antenna that enables the reception of signals from TWO satellite locations at the same time. This versatility gives you the capability of receiving up to 500 channels of audio and video programming as well as data services.

I have the Americas Top 180 plan. @ 2 recievers. Here are blackout rules from their web page.

Blackout restrictions apply to all NBA games that are offered on NBA LEAGUE PASS. Such blackout restrictions are designed to protect the television rights holders in the competing teams' respective home markets. Blackouts are not based on arena sellouts.

If a local over-the-air network has the rights to broadcast an NBA game in its local area, customers in that area will be unable to receive that game via their satellite service. However, they may be able to see the game via their local channels.

Hoops

So I will be getting the Dish 500 plan? That's typically what everyone gets now? Does that cost extra or anything like that?

I really just need to go down to my local place and ask them all this, but if I can get it sooner from you guys, all the better.

I'm trying to find out how much it will completely cost to setup/install a satellite system in my home, with 2 receivers, and to have the top 120 package + local channels.

I'm almost positive the 120 + locals will be either $40 or $46 a month, and I want to say it will be $200 for everything else.

Here's an improtant thing I don't know: Do you have to pay for both the receivers, the dish, and the actual installation seperately, or is that all rolled into one lump sum cost?

I just ordered Dish Netweork this week for the same reasons. I decided against the league pass becuase it is suppose to be $179 for the year and for the $29.95 package I get all the Pacers games anyway. I did pay an extra $4.99 a month for the sports package which includes NBA tv and 22 other regional channels like FOX Sports Midwest which a lot of the Pacer Games are on. I figure this way I get a lot of the other games without getting the league pass. It doesn't look like the preseason games are covered by the league pass unless I am wrong. I believe they were covered by NBA TV. So I figure this way I get the best of both worlds without spending $180 for the 5 games I would have watch using the league pass that I couldn't have gotten through the basic package. I think if I ever moved outside of Indiana I would defiantely get the league pass so I got all the games but since we are local the Dish NEtwork covers them through the WB. Fox Sports Midwest and ESPN/TNT. So I guess the league pass would be good Hicks if you were planning on watching like 10 or 20 games the Pacer's are playing in and you don't want to miss them. It seems as though espn and TNT pick up a lot of the good matches though. (that is if you can stand seeing King James every other night LOL) I hope this helps.

Oh one more thing... I decided to pay the 5 bucks a month more for TVO... I reccommend you do that! You won't regret it!

Installation was free up I had to pay like $45 bucks for it and then get the first month or so credited to me. This equitment was free to but it belongs to the network so If I quit they get it back. Turned out to be like $40 a month with basic package of top 60 or something channels and TVo and the Sports Package. Cheaper then my Insite bill

How much was installation, receivers, dish, etc? How much was all that upfront?

As for League Pass, due to these forums I've gradually become more of an NBA junkie on top of just being a die hard pacers fan, and I'm getting LP for the luxury of watching any freakin' game I want every night of the week, and not just having to wait for ESPN/TNT to show me something other than the Pacers. This way I can watch any game I want all week long, and I think I'll love that.

Sorry, posted that while you made your 2 extra replies.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are you dead set on DishNet? You should give DirectTV a look first.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"