Thread: Pacers lose against Nuggets

PacersFan

Default Pacers lose against Nuggets

Starting the game, shooting extremely well from the field, the Pacers had the Nuggets in a state of shell-shock for the opening minutes of the first quarter. The Pacers led 11-2 before the Nuggets were able to get going behind the play of Francisco Elson who scored six points to bring Denver back within four by the end of the opening 10 minutes of play, with Indiana now leading 18-14.

Outscoring the Pacers in the second quarter, Denver now trailed 34-32. Marcus Melvin came off the bench for the Nuggets to score six points in eight minutes to help ignite Denverís run. James Jones kept the Pacers ahead, as he continued to play in the Review. Jones scored five points in only six minutes of action.

The Pacers scoring output continued to go down in the third quarter. Indiana managed only six points, shooting 21 percent from the field while Denver scored 17 points in the 10 minutes. The Nuggets took a nine point lead, with Miles Simon leading the team with six points.

Indiana didnít fair much better in the fourth quarter, failing to score in double digits. The Pacers scored only seven points and shot 32 percent from the field. And while the Nuggets didnít have a stellar 10 minutes of play, it was enough to put the Pacers away 63-47.

Francisco Elson led all scorers with 13 points and six rebounds. Art Long led the Paces with 12 points.

-Sorry, but the page freezes when I try to get the boxscore
    ---I guess they were pretty much trying to figure out which players to keep since they barely played Jones.

PacersFan

Default Re: Pacers lose against Nuggets

Brewer with 8 turnovers again.. nice. I really hope we can find something better to do with that roster spot this year.

Looks like Harrison didn't play because of the knee thing.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Harrison is Indy getting his knee MRIed, he will not be playing in anymore of the summer games. He should be fine though.
    [edit=96=1090540328][/edit]
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

So we didn't use Jones or Harrison... do we have any other scoring threats on that team?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by zxc
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brewer with 8 turnovers again.. nice. I really hope we can find something better to do with that roster spot this year.

Looks like Harrison didn't play because of the knee thing.
    Wow Brewer leads the team with 8 rebounds! 4 assists too. Looking forward to seeing him lock down some pg's this year.

Well with him shooting 0-6 from three sure there were alot of long bounces coming back for him to pick up.

I think his D is really overrated too. But guess slightly above average D is the only thing he has going for him so gotta hype something up.

Burt_Reincarnated

At what point do we all start conceding that Brewer really does suck? or for a better word to all his closet fans? stink... bad.. to the point his offense is so atrocious that it outweights whatever defense he might bring. I mean, cmon the guy's been in the NBA 3 years now. You think he would have spent every waking moment trying to work on his game. It does not seem so. I say they give the job to someone who cares more, and can hit a shot and wont get 7 fouls, 7 tos in 20 mins while going 0 for whatever. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

maybe he is just in a slump? but it's been a few games now and another awful showing.

He has gone from wildcard to duece seven offsuit IMO. That's the cards you fold.

FYI, in Charlotte's game against Chicago, Kapono had 32 (21 in the first quarter), Woods had 17 and 12, and Peanut Butter had 17 as well. And they still LOST! :

As for the P's, everyone's slamming Brewer, but fail to note that Wright was 1 of 5, with 2 turnovers and 0 rebounds and 0 assists. At least Sigg was active.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Don't think anyone really failed to notice it. Wright is the last pick in the draft and hasn't been in the NBA for three years so at least he has somewhat of an excuse for not playing well vs summer leaguers.

Has anyone got a box score from this game? or do you know how Matt Neilsen went for the Nugz? He is an Aussie looking to get NBA contract, has been playing pretty well so far.

Well with him shooting 0-6 from three sure there were alot of long bounces coming back for him to pick up.

I think his D is really overrated too. But guess slightly above average D is the only thing he has going for him so gotta hype something up.
    Look, the guy ISN"T looking very good, for sure. But to say that his defense is slightly above average is idiotic.

Don't think anyone really failed to notice it. Wright is the last pick in the draft and hasn't been in the NBA for three years so at least he has somewhat of an excuse for not playing well vs summer leaguers.
    He's also not capable of locking down big time pg's.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's not capable of locking me down. Im 6'3" and 220 and i could probably take him in a game of 21.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freddies

Wow Brewer leads the team with 8 rebounds! 4 assists too. Looking forward to seeing him lock down some pg's this year.
    Do you plan on watching a lot of CBA games next season?

Vantaa/Finland Favorite Players: Danny Granger, Stephen Jackson, Jermaine O'neal, Gilbert Arenas

I'm sure that we would have won, if we had Harrison

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IF we wouldve had a decent point guard who can make a pass we might have made 50 points and maybe Harrsison would play better.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS