Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HEY BIRD JUST DRAFT UDOH!

Default HEY BIRD JUST DRAFT UDOH!

Please Bird find a way to get this guy. You wanna talk about upside. He has it all.
    JOB is a silly man

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jhondog28 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: HEY BIRD JUST DRAFT UDOH!

Don't everyone criticize this, but he reminded me of a young Kevin Garnett (minus the 15 ft jump shot, but a better shot blocker). Would have loved to see how he did up against PPatterson or Cousins.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I could see him being a great utility guy, like Andrei Kirilenko or Josh Smith. I'd be fine with drafting him.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

what I've been thinking all season exactly!! This kid can put up crazy stat lines....like 20 pts, 12 rebs, and 6 blocks in any given game. Plus he has a knack for getting nice tip-ins and tip-backs. Very athletic player, too. I'd love to see the Pacers get this guy, but once again, he's another big and imo, we have too many of them. I'd love to have Wall, but we really need to get rid of some bigs. Get rid of Murphy of course,... and even though I like him a lot, Solomon Jones as well. And idk about McRoberts yet. I hear people wanting the Pacers to draft another big man, but I think we really have too many of them already. Plus we still have Jeff Foster who will be back ready to play next season. I am a huge fan of Udoh and would love to have him, but I'm not sure if he'd get much playing time even if we did get him. I mean, he doesn't even shoot 3s, so how's O'Brien gonna find time for him? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what I've been thinking all season exactly!! This kid can put up crazy stat lines....like 20 pts, 12 rebs, and 6 blocks in any given game. Plus he has a knack for getting nice tip-ins and tip-backs. Very athletic player, too. I'd love to see the Pacers get this guy, but once again, he's another big and imo, we have too many of them. I'd love to have Wall, but we really need to get rid of some bigs. Get rid of Murphy of course,... and even though I like him a lot, Solomon Jones as well. And idk about McRoberts yet. I hear people wanting the Pacers to draft another big man, but I think we really have too many of them already. Plus we still have Jeff Foster who will be back ready to play next season. I am a huge fan of Udoh and would love to have him, but I'm not sure if he'd get much playing time even if we did get him. I mean, he doesn't even shoot 3s, so how's O'Brien gonna find time for him? lol
    I kind of agree but with our draft position and what it is most likely going to be I really think we should draft for the best possible player no matter what position and to me Udoh may be the best player at our draft position we can find.
    JOB is a silly man

Patrick Patterson better,thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiyohk View Post
    Patrick Patterson better,thanks
    welcome to the board...can you elaborate why you think so
    JOB is a silly man

You guys have tournament fever....

Udoh is good but his upside is less than other pf in this draft. Remember he is 22 years old and I think soon to be 23.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 03-28-2010 at 08:16 PM.

For me its not tourney fever I think he is more athletic than patterson has better skill sets than monroe and he did not get the year long exposure because he played at Baylor thats the only reason.
    JOB is a silly man

not tournament fever, he has been doing this all year long. it is just who he is. I definitely think he's better than Patterson, too. I'd also say draft the best player available, and I'd probably take Udoh over Patterson. But every year there is somebody that falls to some lucky team in the draft, so hopefully we get lucky if we get a pick around the 7-10 range.

Dallas' Biggest Pacer Fan

Living in Dallas I saw a lot of Baylor...udoh is nice but I would rather have lacedarius dunn tweety carter, the all time high school point leader... Carter is dynamic and a pretty smart player.. too bad we are winning... I want wall and no one else Haha

Haven't seen any of Udoh except for tonight.
    please tell him this guy isn't in love with the 3 like Jsmooth?

yeah Udoh seems to be an all-inside type of player. he's good on both ends of the court too, plus does the little things a team needs.

He reminds a little of Dale Davis in the way he blocks shots but he appears more
    mobile and athletic than Dale. I like that he is not passive. Patterson has me concerned
    because of his passivity especially this year. It may have cost Kentucky a championship.
    I like Udoh at this point better than Patterson and he may be available on a trade down
    from 8-10.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Seems like he'd be a great fit with the Pacers. I'm guessing he'll sneak up the draft boards and be projected to go #10 or so. Seems like he'd be a great PF next to Roy and great C next to Tyler. He's a junior, so maybe there's a chance Bird considers him.

As stated before he does turn 23 in May. Thius makes we wonder how much upside he has. Nbadraft has him going 24th, so I don't think he will be a lottery player. He will be a player to maybe pick up if we trade down or get a second first round pick somehow. Personelly, I not into picking up 23 year old college players.

I would still like to take Patterson, but I wouldn't be disappointed if we took Udoh.

Sports Logo

To those saying he has limited upside because of his age: As a comparison, Tyler will turn 25 a month or so into the new season, which basically will be another rookie year for him.

If Udoh is there when we pick 9th or 10th, I'd love to have him on the Pacers.

Mood

I still like Patterson in that 8-10 range, but if he's gone, Udoh would be one hell of a consolation prize in my opinion.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Udoh looked great tonight! He was hitting jumpers, dunking, and blocking shots. I wouldn't mind us drafting him.

Where is he ranked in the up coming draft?
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    To those saying he has limited upside because of his age: As a comparison, Tyler will turn 25 a month or so into the new season, which basically will be another rookie year for him.

If Udoh is there when we pick 9th or 10th, I'd love to have him on the Pacers.

How much upside do you see Tyler having? He is a great energy guy off of the bench, but I will be very suprised if he is ever a full time starter.

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    Udoh looked great tonight! He was hitting jumpers, dunking, and blocking shots. I wouldn't mind us drafting him.

The ESPN mock draft has him at 11th. Also, Patterson dropped to 12th and Bledsoe is no longer in the top 14. But for some reason, Cole Aldrich is still listed as 8th.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    How much upside do you see Tyler having? He is a great energy guy off of the bench, but I will be very suprised if he is ever a full time starter.
    I agree, I think he's better suited as a backup. But honestly, at this point we're not even really sure of what we have. We don't even know if he'll be ready to go next season.

I think Udoh has much, much more upside than Tyler. Udoh has shown improvement in each year of his collegiate career, so it's not unreasonable to think he'll continue improving. He's already got clear NBA level skills. His shot-blocking and passing are matched by few big men in the league. He can hit the jumper, rebound, put the ball on the floor and go one-on-one, and he's got the athleticism we severely lack in the post.

Of course, there are things he needs to improve, like his free throw shooting to name one, but those are things that can be worked on and he seems to have the character of a willing learner. Honestly, I think he would be a great fit here.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

owl

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post

I'm all aboard the udoh bandwagon.

but can we honestly say that since he tore up lance thomas and brian zoubek that he had a great game?
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

I hate to play (blue) devil's advocate...(pun intended)

I think the guy is too inconsistant. and we may be looking at a one year wonder. an inconsistant one year wonder. Josh Mcroberts had similar averages his final year at duke. not to mention udoh had a major shoulder issue his senior year of high school. thats a cause for concern.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=31889
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine