Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About FA Market of 2010-2011 - Which are "Batmans" and which are "Robins"?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: About FA Market of 2010-2011 - Which are "Batmans" and which are "Robins"?

I really like this thread. I'm waiting for input from dg33.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Default Re: About FA Market of 2010-2011 - Which are "Batmans" and which are "Robins"?

Speaking of people who became Batman, can you also recall Azrael's name?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by binarysolo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of people who became Batman, can you also recall Azrael's name?
    Jean Paul Valley

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Jean Paul Valley
    Isn't it Jean-Paul Valley? And isn't it some black dude now?

For that matter, is "Knightfall" the best 20-issue run Batman has ever had?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    Basketball content:

Count me among the small group of people who want five good players, playing as a team and sharing the ball as equaitably as possible.

I don't want a Batman and Robin. I want Johnny Quest, Dr. Quest, Race Bannon, Hadji and Bandit.
    In an effort to continue taking this train off the tracks....I prefer the modern day version of Jonny Quest.....the Venture Brothers with Hank, Dean, Dr.Venture and Brock Sampson.

http://video.adultswim.com/the-ventu...w-opening.html

If you grew up in the 70s and 80s and watched those type of cartoons and have a strange sense of humor....then watch the enture Brothers. Seriously.......one of the funniest cartoons ever.

In a serious manner.....I'd think that unless the Pacers luck out and get a Franchise Level Player ( Wall or Turner )...the best route that we can take would be to follow the Pistons-Brawl version route and bring 2 or 3 Granger level Players ( Rip, Tayshaun, Billups ) with several Top tier Supporting Cast members ( Sheed and Big Ben ).
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-29-2010 at 01:34 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    In a serious manner.....I'd think that unless the Pacers luck out and get a Franchise Level Player ( Wall or Turner )...the best route that we can take would be to follow the Pistons-Brawl version route and bring 2 or 3 Granger level Players ( Rip, Tayshaun, Billups ) with several Top tier Supporting Cast members ( Sheed and Big Ben ).

Now you're talking.

Sort of a Pete Nolan-Gil Favors-Rowdy Yates combination, supported by a cast of Wishbone and Mushy.

And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Isn't it Jean-Paul Valley? And isn't it some black dude now?

For that matter, is "Knightfall" the best 20-issue run Batman has ever had?
    Yes, yes, and yes.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Also, Dick became Nightwing, and is now currently Batman.

Jason was killed by the Joker, then resurrected as Hush, and is currently Red Robin.
    I admit I do not follow much of this, but why would someone who fights crime want to become a known as a hamburger?
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really like these anaolgies to super heroes.

I about rolled over laughing with the Jonny Quest interjection, which I COMPLETELY agree with. I don't want a "superstar" like Amare's ego and salary weighing our team down. I think that Amare's athleticism and offensive abilities could definitely do wonders for us, but at what cost financially and defensively?

I think it has more to do with components of the game that are necessary to win games. Things like scoring, clutchness, leadership/decision-making, toughness (especially in the front court), rebounding, defense, and shot blocking.

Granger is our go-to scorer. We all know that. We need a secondary scorer. We need toughness desperately. Our rebounding needs to improve. Our defense across all positions needs to improve. We need a better defensive prescence from our PG and PF positions. Now the questions to be raised are over the sources from which we can obtain these things. I think Bird and Morway made that effort last off-season, but without many resources we got players who were a bit more one-dimensional than we need. I still really like the DJones signing. He was signed cheaply for 4 years and he gives us another good defender and a lot of toughness. Unfortunately, he is not a player you want eating up 30+ minutes a game. If we can get the offensive development out of BRush, he is then a more complete player and we can use our resources toward other areas. Hibbert is also part of our core and he provides shot-blocking and his defense is improving drastically. He provides back to the basket offense and the passing that comes off of it. I don't know why we aren't consistently running everything off Hibbert in our offensive sets at this point. Our team make-up is similar to San Antonio IMO and we are running a Golden State like system.

Jonny Quest - Is it Granger that will become a more complete player or someone yet TBD?
    Dr. Quest - Granger (with his science of scoring) or possibly the defensive-minded PF that we are looking for with his protective oversight of the team
    Race Bannon - BRush (and his defensive judo)
    Hadji - Hibbert (and his post magic)
    Bandit - An always reliable bulldog PG TBD

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    BTW.....IMHO...I think that Granger would be a much better "Robin" then a "Batman". The best that I can hope for us in the future is that we acquire another "Robin" Level Player that complements him so that we have 2 top tier Players on the roster.
    I think Granger is more of a green lantern type player than a robin. His power always seems to fade when you need them the most.

Edit:
    Ford is our aquaman..
    Last edited by Gamble1; 03-29-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post

I about rolled over laughing with the Jonny Quest interjection, which I COMPLETELY agree with. I don't want a "superstar" like Amare's ego and salary weighing our team down. I think that Amare's athleticism and offensive abilities could definitely do wonders for us, but at what cost financially and defensively?

Jonny Quest - Is it Granger that will become a more complete player or someone yet TBD?
    Dr. Quest - Granger (with his science of scoring) or possibly the defensive-minded PF that we are looking for with his protective oversight of the team
    Race Bannon - BRush (and his defensive judo)
    Hadji - Hibbert (and his post magic)
    Bandit - An always reliable bulldog PG TBD
    To go back to my Venture Brothers analogy...I want a Brock Sampson type ( he's the Race Bannon-like Bodyguard for the Venture family ) Player to play next to Hibbert and Granger.

http://video.adultswim.com/the-ventu...beatdowns.html
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Default Re: About FA Market of 2010-2011 - Which are Batman's and which are Robin's?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Okay...OT time....I'll show my Comic-Book geekiness here. That version of Robin that was killed off....did return from the dead as another Batman foe. But the Robin character has been back for years but under the guise of another kid. Even AFTER Bruce Wayne / Batman was recently killed off AND Dick Grayson took over the mantle of being Batman......a new Robin took the place of the previous version of Robin ( who changed his costume and name ). The newest incarnation of Robin happens to be the Son of Bruce Wayne ( yeah, I know...it gets confusing ).
    How the heck did they do that?

This is enough to drive you BATTY!

Did you know Race's real name is Roger? ROGER??

Default Re: About FA Market of 2010-2011 - Which are Batman's and which are Robin's?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Cool comic, and applicable if I were misapplying "apostrophe's".

I believe a grade adjustment may be in order here. My apostrophe use was showing singular possessiveness of items by Batman individually, and then Robin individually.

Members here would refer to anything that you personally possess as being "Anthem's" because your screen name is singular, as in "That post of Anthem's was spectacular, wasn't it?" or "I wish that I could, just once, have the equivalent of Anthem's wit and insight!"

An example of plural possessive usage that may be seen with regularity going forward might be "Both of the Pacers' five game win streaks this season have been irrelevant and possibly damaging to the Pacers' draft prospects."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

How about instead of looking for a Batman/Robin combo (let alone a Superman/Batman combo), or even a Johnny Quest group, we try to get Seven Samurai? Always good to have a great sixth man, and if you're 7-deep in good players, then you're REALLY talking.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Thank's

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post

pacergod2, you realize, don't you, that nobody ever reads any of your posts? Willing as they might be, their eyes are drawn irresistably over to the left margin every time you post anything.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post: