Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 24 cancelled....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 24 cancelled....

I know, I just went on a rant.

Oh, and now it looks like Numb3rs may be canceled I am the WORST person in the world at math, but man I love that show

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you ever want to read the character that Jack Bauer is based upon, read Vince Flynn's series about Mitch Rapp. Really excellent!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's time for 24 to go, I loved it at first, I just got tried of it later on. I stopped watching it before last season.

Heroes was good the first season, it has been awful since then and just keeps getting worse. I don't know why I still watch it, after every episode I say "well that sucked".

Best show on network TV is Friday Night Lights, IMO. Hasn't started yet on network this season, I've already watched the season on DTV.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're kidding me. ANOTHER one?

streets ahead

I'm kind of surprised to see no mentions of "Human Target". It's not a great show, but the cast / chemistry is pretty enjoyable.

It's kind of like if JJ Abrams did MacGyver. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    I'm kind of surprised to see no mentions of "Human Target". It's not a great show, but the cast / chemistry is pretty enjoyable.

It's kind of like if JJ Abrams did MacGyver. Or something.
    Funny you mention that show.

I actually just started the latest episode, Corner man.

I really am enjoying the show, which is funny because my girlfriend thinks it is the cheesiest show ever made. I admit some of the beginning episodes had some extremely cheesy moments, but I still found myself tuning in (well watching online, I love you imdb)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    ".

Best show on network TV is Friday Night Lights, IMO. Hasn't started yet on network this season, I've already watched the season on DTV.
    I agree with you,. Love the show, have all three seasons so far on DVD, waiting on season 3 - when does that start. NBC never promotes it though

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I like Human Target. It was incredibly cheesy at first, and it still is for that matter, but it's really been growing on me. Don't know how it's doing in the ratings, though.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Dream Big

Back on topic, seasons 1-7 start streaming on Netflix today!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tora tora For This Useful Post:

Dream Big

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    Um, you do realize that this was an April fools joke right?

Click the link that tells you who the source is and you will see the joke.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Dream Big

You're so clever.

Crazy.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

What a great series finale.

I can not wait for the 24 movie!

I loved and I mean absolutely loved Keifer Sutherland's thank you to the fans at the beginning of the show. That was classy as hell and no matter what I thought of the show itself that will always stand out as a high point for me.

Now to the show itself.

The first three seasons of this show were as good as TV get's in some ways, after that there were some good moments even some great moments but there were also cliche'd moments and downright insulting to our intellegence moments.

The finale was somewhat predictable however I think the producers were giving us an intentional swerve a week or so ago when they were putting out that Jack would not have a happy ending. In fact this is about as happy an ending as you could expect for him in this season and obviously this leaves the character open to revisit via movies in the future.

I'll save my overal review for a few days as I have a few more shows to finish but I will get to this.

As with LOST I am grateful to the producers and the networks for actually allowing for there to be an ending. I hate it when shows get cancelled and we don't get to finish up what was going on.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I loved and I mean absolutely loved Keifer Sutherland's thank you to the fans at the beginning of the show. That was classy as hell and no matter what I thought of the show itself that will always stand out as a high point for me.
    Funny I thought the same thing as soon as he did that. I wonder if that was his decision, or if the production team suggested it. Either way, a great decision, and a really cool way to say "thank you to the fans".

The first three seasons of this show were as good as TV get's in some ways, after that there were some good moments even some great moments but there were also cliche'd moments and downright insulting to our intellegence moments.
    I honestly think looking back on it now. Season 5 was the best - it won the Emmy for best drama that year. Honestly, if you go back and re-watch it I'm confident you would agree it was the best season. (season 1 while at the time seemed good and yes the twist at the end was shocking, but looking back on it now it wasn't as good in retrospect)

I thought season 3 was maybe the worst of all though, the stuff in Mexico was boring, although it did end pretty well over the last 6 or 7 episodes.

I think if I were to watch each season again, I would rank them this way.

1) season #5 - won for best drama
    2) season #4
    3) season #2
    4) season #1
    5) season #8
    6) season #7
    7) season #3
    8) season #6

The past two seasons were identical in quality and will be difficult to distinguish. Season #6 was IMO the only season (although #3 was close) where the storytelling broke down.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The way 24 ended was not really surprising. I wanted Jack to either go out guns blazing or finally being able to be happy. I just wanted the pain for him to end or finally be able to be happy. I really wanted to him to finally be with his family and settle down. After watching Jack get crapped on for 8 years by the country he loves and losing so many loved ones I just wanted something good to happen for him for a change.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I kind of feel disappointed about the ending as well becuase I think they did it that way to leave it open for the movie. I just feel instead of giving us closure they just did another set up for their next 24 endeavor.

Man this last season was pretty good. Especially the last handful of episodes where Jack was on Rampage mode. The idea that he would suit up some urban battle armor and destroy a secret service motorcade was just sooo cool. I couldn't believe the depths the writers took his vengeance too. He gutted that guy for the memory card. Executed Dana Walsh, comando'd the entire Russian emissary. Its too bad he went all soft at the end and didn't kill Jason Pillar and assassinate the Russian President. Atleast killing Pillar would have let them get the evidence out. I would have rather seen everyone get caught in the web of lies rather than than the President come forward.

24 as certainly been the best show on TV this last decade.

Season 6, where the Nuclear bomb goes off in LA was pretty bad by 24hrs standard, but still very watchable.

Its very interesting that the last 2 seasons have been all about government corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Funny I thought the same thing as soon as he did that. I wonder if that was his decision, or if the production team suggested it. Either way, a great decision, and a really cool way to say "thank you to the fans".
    After watching the finale that's the one part I went back and rewatched. Really classy.

I fully support them ending here. I know people were sick of it, but I really enjoyed the Washington and New York seasons. Being a Vince Flynn fan, I was so excited when they announced Washington, because I knew they could finally do the White House Transfer of Power scenario. And while some of the UN stuff was cheesy, overall they handled it a lot better than I feared. They were just a couple years too late leaving LA.

I also really enjoyed Chloe this year, which is saying something, because *** damn did I hate her when she started. Her shooting Jack as he put the gun to his head, that was awesome, especially considering her first time with a gun.

Lastly, what I really hate about 24 leaving is there's no great action show out there now. Burn Notice is fun, but it's cable show rotation. Human Target is okay, but they can be really cheap a lot of the time.

One show I'm going to keep an eye on the next few weeks is The Good Guys. Yes, it's ridiculously stupid, but I thought it was pretty damn funny in a dumb fun kind of way. It's made by the same people as Burn Notice, and I've heard they want to keep the action quotient high.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    After watching the finale that's the one part I went back and rewatched. Really classy.

I fully support them ending here. I know people were sick of it, but I really enjoyed the Washington and New York seasons. Being a Vince Flynn fan, I was so excited when they announced Washington, because I knew they could finally do the White House Transfer of Power scenario. And while some of the UN stuff was cheesy, overall they handled it a lot better than I feared. They were just a couple years too late leaving LA.

I also really enjoyed Chloe this year, which is saying something, because *** damn did I hate her when she started. Her shooting Jack as he put the gun to his head, that was awesome, especially considering her first time with a gun.

Lastly, what I really hate about 24 leaving is there's no great action show out there now. Burn Notice is fun, but it's cable show rotation. Human Target is okay, but they can be really cheap a lot of the time.

One show I'm going to keep an eye on the next few weeks is The Good Guys. Yes, it's ridiculously stupid, but I thought it was pretty damn funny in a dumb fun kind of way. It's made by the same people as Burn Notice, and I've heard they want to keep the action quotient high.
    Have you tried justified?

Have you tried justified?
    I figured someone might say that. I will eventually, just looks more serious than what I'm looking for in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    The way 24 ended was not really surprising. I wanted Jack to either go out guns blazing or finally being able to be happy. I just wanted the pain for him to end or finally be able to be happy. I really wanted to him to finally be with his family and settle down. After watching Jack get crapped on for 8 years by the country he loves and losing so many loved ones I just wanted something good to happen for him for a change.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I kind of feel disappointed about the ending as well becuase I think they did it that way to leave it open for the movie. I just feel instead of giving us closure they just did another set up for their next 24 endeavor.
    Maybe it was just me, but I really did not want
    Spoiler Spoiler:

They have been talking about a movie for years, so unless they did a prequel I am not sure why that surprised you. There are some things that should be left along (like Lost) but I personally am really looking forward to a 24 movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I figured someone might say that. I will eventually, just looks more serious than what I'm looking for in this case.
    I just bookmarked that show in IMDB.