Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3/26/10 Pacers/Jazz POSTGAME THREAD

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 3/26/10 Pacers/Jazz POSTGAME THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish Josh would have made that dunk over boozer in the 4th, he wound up for that one and it was just off the front of the rim.
    The fieldhouse was ready to go crazy when he did that... man that would've been awesome.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisjacobs7 For This Useful Post:

Tonight was one of those rare nights, where everyone played well. Some guys might not have shot well. Some guys might have made a mistake..but everyone played well.

Danny was just "wow" tonight. He got a lot of "crap" on the board, and as of late he's been fantastic. I think, really, that he is finally healthy. And we're clearly a much better team with him.

Earl Watson, for whatever reason he's playing extremely well now. He has certainly played his way into a bigger contract, I'm not sure if it'll be with us though. (Wouldn't suprise me to see him sign with the Lakers..)

McBob..He's proved he's an NBA player at this point. He had yet another very solid game. And was certainly part of the spark that helped take the lead. I hope he keeps getting time, the guy has really earned it.

AJ, it's really interesting for me to see him in this role. He never got to be "the rookie" in college. He makes his mistakes, forced a few things. Those sparks which ignite a run, or heck just going on a self made run..is how Price has always played. What different though. He seems like he's got that "irritating rookie" thing down. He wasn't an irritating player to play against in college, or at least I never noticed it. I think he qualifies for that in the pros.

Rush, I didn't really notice as much, but he definitely played solid and "filled in" which is what Rush does. Because he's not flashy, he's not noticable, but I'm with a lot of people..he actually is pretty consistent.

Hibbert really sparked things in the third quarter as well. Against the Cavs, our young guys Price, Rush, and Hibbert, sparked a run to get back in the Cavs game. This time, Price, Hibbert, and McBob sparked a run to eventually lead to a win. (Letting Danny take care of the win for them :P ) I know the lottery's important, but it's also important to see the young guys grow and play well against and learn from good/great teams.

BLOCK
    Leaders from Mar 26, 2010
    R. Hibbert (IND) 5 A. Bargnani (TOR) 2
    K. Garnett (BOS) 4 C. Bosh (TOR) 2
    D. Howard (ORL) 4 R. Felton (CHA) 2
    J. McRoberts (IND) 3 A. Kirilenko (UTA) 2
    R. Wallace (BOS) 3 S. May (SAC) 2

D. Granger (IND) 44 D. Howard (ORL) 24
    C. Landry (SAC) 30 G. Wallace (CHA) 23
    M. Okur (UTA) 27 C. Boozer (UTA) 22
    C. Anthony (DEN) 25 P. Pierce (BOS) 22
    A. Iguodala (PHI) 25 D. Williams (UTA) 21
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

A convincing win over a very motivated Utah team.

This wasn't a meaningless counterproductive romp over a tanking team. This was a . . . . aw, heck, I'll say it.

This was a legitimate NBA win.

We're going to have to start considering the possibility that these Pacers are a good team. Sure, it took too long to make this season much fun. And sure, last season's late flashes didn't carry over. But this year's flashes may carry over.

I would rather begin next season with this core (playing like they showed tonight they can) than fiddle it for a gambler's chance at a lottery pick.

EDIT: I haven't felt this way often this season . . . but I really wish I'd been there tonight.
    Last edited by Putnam; 03-26-2010 at 11:06 PM.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This team has talent, said it a few times this year. This newfound chemistry is perplexing, but I'll take it.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At Scotty's after the game, behind us someone asked "What happened at the game?"

The response was, "It was AWESOME! What a great game!"

Sorry, you don't buy that response with a tank job.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Best. Game. Ever!!@@@!

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Funny how all of a sudden after an impressive win over a solid playoff team, everyone seems to be coming out of the woodwork in support of the team playing well to close out the season. Where are all of the "tank advocates" now?

GREAT game by the blue and gold tonight! Can't remember the last time I was that hyped up inside of Conseco.
    Grown Man Ball

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Funny how all of a sudden after an impressive win over a solid playoff team, everyone seems to be coming out of the woodwork in support of the team playing well to close out the season. Where are all of the "tank advocates" now?

GREAT game by the blue and gold tonight! Can't remember the last time I was that hyped up inside of Conseco.
    Oh come on now. You should know as much as anyone else that everyone on board with tanking was simply doing so because of sheer frustration with our beloved team. Nothing more, nothing less. We had ourselves in prime position for a great draft choice, and for many to want to simply tank off the rest of the season, can't really be blamed for their feelings. Though this team didn't want to tank, and I commend them for that. We're not the crappy Pistons, or Wizards. We're the Pacers, sure the wins may seem meaningless to many, but we love this team, everyone here does. Of course there is gonna be cheering and chest thumping, especially after a win like this. Fans deserve to be happy, so what if we wanted losses, we're winning, so let us be happy.

Let's break the franchise record of 8 straight!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Squirrelz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelz View Post
    Oh come on now. You should know as much as anyone else that everyone on board with tanking was simply doing so because of sheer frustration with our beloved team. Nothing more, nothing less. We had ourselves in prime position for a great draft choice, and for many to want to simply tank off the rest of the season, can't really be blamed for their feelings. Though this team didn't want to tank, and I commend them for that. We're not the crappy Pistons, or Wizards. We're the Pacers, sure the wins may seem meaningless to many, but we love this team, everyone here does. Of course there is gonna be cheering and chest thumping, especially after a win like this. Fans deserve to be happy, so what if we wanted losses, we're winning, so let us be happy.

Let's break the franchise record of 8 straight!!!
    I'm all for showing the team the love the DESERVE. Just frustrated with everyone's *****ing about the recent success (as if that makes any sense at all), and bad mouthing of the team for doing well lately. I'm still riding the high of the game tonight and I left Conseco about 4 hours ago. I just wish everyone would show this same enthusiasm after all of our wins.
    Grown Man Ball

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    I'm all for showing the team the love the DESERVE. Just frustrated with everyone's *****ing about the recent success (as if that makes any sense at all), and bad mouthing of the team for doing well lately. I'm still riding the high of the game tonight and I left Conseco about 4 hours ago. I just wish everyone would show this same enthusiasm after all of our wins.
    I think the difference is that the game was won with McRoberts and AJ playing ( what appears to be ) a major role in the win.

If McRoberts nor AJ were playing and contributing to this win...I'd guess that the response wouldn't be as excited.

I've said this before......you won't see many people complain of a win ( or even a loss ) if McRoberts and AJ get a chance to play some meaningful minutes....especially if they were able to contribute. A win with our younger Players playing gives us some hope that this Team may have some talent that we can look forward to seeing playing together in the future. A win with our Vets is a short term gain just doesn't seem as satisfying and doesn't really help us in the long term ( given the liklihood that at least 2 of them will be gone before the next trade deadline ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

In all fairness to the McRoberts detractors, he still seems lost at times in terms of spacing. I've seen him standing right next to guys on offense quite a few times. I'm certainly not going to argue against upping his minutes on a permanent basis though.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

It was a good win and we see the potential. Of course, that is what alot of us have been saying since the 7th game of the season... This team is a good team! The 5 game win streak was not a fluke!

How much more frustrating does that make this season?

And how much worse does that make Jim look?

If we can somehow get rid of Jim, and bring in a coach who focuses on basic fundamentals, we might just be ok next year, draft pick be damned.

We need to get rid of Murphy, because he is the epitomy of bad fundamentals. More games have been lost because of him and Jim's desire to play him, defense be damned, than any other player.

These guys have to go for our team to improve next season.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Some one said something about chest thumping. Years ago I always found myself doing this. Tonight is the first night in a loooooong time I can remember doing it. So exciting to see us playing our young guys and them being key in beating the snot out of a very good team. I don't care about the draft. I like winning with the young guys out there. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to drink some more blue and gold kool-aide

Extremely impressive win. I thoughtthe whole game the Pacers played pretty well, the Jazz are just really good. Josh looked good, was a huge spark, Danny looked MVP like. I especially liked the lobs inside to Granger. The key was the pacres just kept playing, kept postive, when they were down 12 midway through the 3rd quarter, they kept coming and won the game, no way they win it a month ago. They are now expecting to win and that confidence cannot be overstated.

as I always say, the more you win the more you win and the more you lose the more you lose.

I think the positive experience of winning is helping Roy, Brandon, Josh and AJ more than anything else could and i do think and have seen where something like this carries over into the next season. Maybe not the team winning, although leaving the players feeling positive is important, but giving confidence to the young playrs by winning and teaching them what it takes to win is important.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-27-2010 at 08:15 AM.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Question: If we can't work something out for an immediate PG upgrade, do you bring back Watson assuming the price is right?

Question 2: Is there any realistic chance at ridding ourselves of TJ Ford?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Early in the season with the few minutes Josh got you could see he could defend. Last night
    was a thing of defensive beauty. One play Boozer got the ball down low and twice put his shoulder twice into Josh hard and then went up for what he thought would be an easy lay in.
    Josh made him eat it. It was a enough to bring a tear to my eye. Defense....
    Between him, Roy and AJ that is what turned the tide.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish
    We need to get rid of Murphy, because he is the epitomy of bad fundamentals.

Is this true?

I would rather have said Murphy is the epitome of good fundamentals combined with very limited speed and strength.

And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Yeah, i think Murph's fundamentals are fine. he is just slow and not very tall

I can see the slow part, but not tall? I think he is at least a legit 6'10".
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Extremely impressive win. I thoughtthe whole game the Pacers played pretty well, the Jazz are just really good. Josh looked good, was a huge spark, Danny looked MVP like. I especially liked the lobs inside to Granger. The key was the pacres just kept playing, kept postive, when they were down 12 midway through the 3rd quarter, they kept coming and won the game, no way they win it a month ago. They are now expecting to win and that confidence cannot be overstated.

as I always say, the more you win the more you win and the more you lose the more you lose.

I think the ositive experience of winning is helping Roy, Brandon, Josh and AJ more than anything else could and i do think and have seen where something like that carries over into the next season
    That lob pass into the lane to Granger has basically become a staple of the offense recently, especially Roy lobbing it over the top to Danny. It works a majority of the time too.

Wait a minute, do we actually have a set play in our offense that works? Hallelujah!!!!
    Grown Man Ball

The play of the game in my opinion was when Roy had the ball at around the 3 point line, made a great pass to watson, only watson's momentum carried him too far under the basket. Instead of putting up a horrible shot, he kicked it out to Rush in the corner for a three.

Buck, I remember you saying that you didn't see one defined NBA skill in McRoberts earlier this year. Has that changed for you? The kid is raw, but in my opinion has shown some signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    The play of the game in my opinion was when Roy had the ball at around the 3 point line, made a great pass to watson, only watson's momentum carried him too far under the basket. Instead of putting up a horrible shot, he kicked it out to Rush in the corner for a three.

Buck, I remember you saying that you didn't see one defined NBA skill in McRoberts earlier this year. Has that changed for you? The kid is raw, but in my opinion has shown some signs.

I won't try to answer for Buck, but I will say that if I had to point out one specific skill that McBobs has shown, it is having a nose for the ball. He's one of those guys that simply finds himself near the ball by the end of the play on the defensive end of the court. He has shown sort of a balls to the wall style sometimes in going for blocked shots and rebounds, but he has definitely reined himself in this season and has managed to make smarter plays, where as last season he would just come flying in out of nowhere and often times get called for over-the-back fouls.
    Grown Man Ball

I really want to make the Pulp Fiction reference about not getting too excited just yet, but hell the good feelings have been so few and far between this year, I'll just say great game, fellas!!!

[QUOTE=SMosley21;978579]

Where are all of the "tank advocates" now? /QUOTE]

Yawn, at this stage of the season just another useless win. Yep, maybe the Pacers can win 31-32 games this season and will end the season out of the playoffs AGAIN and out of a good lottery pick AGAIN. Better yet maybe they can win out and end up with a 36-46 record for a 3peat. Yawn.

They finished strong last year, and how did that play out the 1st 62 games this season? As an avid diehard Pacers fan and I want the Pacers winning games, BUT I want to see it happening when it truly means something and not meaningless games at the end of a dismal season. THIS 5 game winning streak with wins over OKC and now Utah would really have had value earlier in the season, but are pretty meaningless now. The positive of these last games is the minutes and development that Price and McBob have been getting, BUT that should of been happening looooong b4 now. "These glorious wins just make it easier for ownership and Bird to keep Jimmy as the coach next season!" Hadn't thought of it that way, had you?

Just be prepared for another re-run next season of "helter skelter run n gun with little "D" staring Troy Murphy and TJ Ford with Price and McBob being extras getting plenty of splinters from sitting on the bench.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post: