Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: GOOO DAWGS!!

Default Re: GOOO DAWGS!!

Note also on the replay the bone-jarring and perfectly legal pick that Howard (#54) set to free Hayward to get an "open" look on the half-courter.

sorry, one more still photo- ball is out of his hands and the "fast clock" says 0.0 but clearly the backboard light is NOT LIT (a red light all the way around the backboard).

woulda counted...
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 04-06-2010 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Note also on the replay the bone-jarring and perfectly legal pick that Howard (#54) set to free Hayward to get an "open" look on the half-courter.
    Oh, yeah. I noticed that last night immediately. Loved that bone-crusher by him.

Well, in light of the clock discrepancy I say they give Butler the ball out of bounds on the sideline with 3.6 secs left and let them have another shot. It's only fair...

Watching on TV I don't think there's any question that bucket would've counted and I think the refs look like they were ready to count it (none were waving their arms to wave it off as the would've been the moment he released it if they felt it was late).

My experience is that on a buzzer beater shot the ref(s) is already waving it off even before it goes in the basket (or not) if he thinks it left the player's hand late. They don't wait to see if it went in or not. If you think about it, that wouldn't be right (to wait and see if the shot goes in before deciding whether it was late or not). When it's a buzzer beater layup it's all fairly simultaneous... but on a half court heave there's more time for the ref to be seen waving it off even before the ball reaches the rim.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think I am finally recovered now. When it comes to Indiana college basketball I bleed gold and black, so I didn't expect to feel as badly as I did when that shot didn't go in.

The Colts, Fever, and Butler all get to the title game and lose...and let's not even talk about the Pacers. It's been a rough year for Indy sports.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

streets ahead

ESPN's Sports Science looks at how close Gordon's shot was.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I still feel like skunk crap.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Mood

Wow. 12 years. He seems like a great coach but that's a very hefty extension. I wonder how much of it is guaranteed money.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Well, college coaching contracts tend to be essentially worthless long term. Coaches can and do leave whenever they want. Though a funny thing to think about: at the end of Stevens contract, he'll only be 45.

It's possible they gave more years in order to give less money per year.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Still wishing that shot had gone in. What a game!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

It still kills me.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Butler Hoops Team Under Investigation - AP

INDIANAPOLIS--Butler's run in the NCAA Men's Basketball National Championship Game may be tarnished after reports surfaced today that all 13 players on the roster are being given good educations in an effort to help them find good jobs after they leave the school. "It's important to remember that right now these are only allegations -- allegations that we are looking into," said NCAA president James Isch. "But, obviously, if true, this would be very disappointing. The NCAA has certain expectations and standards. It's not fair for players at one school to be given good educations while athletes at other member schools receive basic, remedial instruction that is worth essentially nothing."

According to documents seized from the school's registrar's office, Butler players have received an education worth $38,616 per year totaling more than $150,000 over a four-year career.

Compare that to player at a school like Kentucky , where tuition is set at $4,051 -- but with an actual value far below that. “We don't want to say too much until these reports are confirmed," said Kentucky head basketball coach John Calipari. "But we're talking about almost $140,000 difference in education per player -- and that's even if my players stayed four years or graduated, which many of them do not. Then these Butler players are reportedly stepping into good jobs after graduation while my kids, if they don't make the NBA, have absolutely no job prospects or life skills. It's far from a balanced playing field. They are buying the best players by giving them a high-priced education."

In addition to the allegations that they were given an expensive education, many Butler players have been spotted around campus holding books, studying and engaging in interesting conversations. Others have been seen with people who are known to not be tutors.

Butler point guard and Kentucky native Ronald Nored, who is reportedly a secondary education major, denied allegations that the Bulldog program is cheating. "The discourse on this matter is fatuous and inane," he said, implicating the program further.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

There was a fun ad in this morning's Star with a picture of Boomer, Blue and Rowdy and the headline of "We may be cats, horses and bears, but for a month we were all Dawgs" and "Congratulations Butler on a great season" below it, along with the Pacers, Colts and Indians logos.

If I get a chance I'll post a scan tonight......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thanks