Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bledsoe

Default Re: Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could Bledsoe be a shorter version of Russell Westbrook? If so I think we should take the chance if he's there.
    Yeah, he's kind of in the same mold. Has PG skill and is a strong athlete. I wish he were a little bit bigger for the type of game he plays, but he's a talent.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Yeah, he's kind of in the same mold. Has PG skill and is a strong athlete. I wish he were a little bit bigger for the type of game he plays, but he's a talent.
    If you controlled the Pacers' draft pick, would you take him 8-10?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    If you controlled the Pacers' draft pick, would you take him 8-10?
    I dunno. He'd instantly be the #2 PG prospect if he came out, but this draft is pretty devoid of PG help other than him and his teammate. You just don't know if he'll come out. He could conceivably boost his stock in a year playing w/o Wall, but then there's the lockout.

If he was there, I would probably have to lean towards taking him over a guy like Aldrich. I think his talent warrants it. He's kind of the same type of small but powerful athlete as Jonny Flynn, but Bledsoe looks more like a real PG.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would really consider taking the chance on Bledsoe, we are certainly due a home run or two.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Mood

If he's there at 8-10 I'd be happy if we took him.

What's so "project" about Bledsoe?

Learning the point guard position? Any point you plan on taking in the 8-12 range will have to learn how to play it in the NBA.

IMO, if the Pacers were to draft him, he would be the best point guard on the roster.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lefty For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    what impresses me most about these videos is his explosion. He did 2 put back slams as a 6'0" - 6'1" point guard is impressive.

He could easily lead this team, and the difference between him and most other point guards his size, is that hes not afraid to take it to the rack and absorb contact in the air. And hes been working on his shot as a 2 guard in the kentucky lineup to boot, all signs point to being a great pick.

Now the question TRULY lies with bird. is he willing to take a freshman? That i doubt, i hope he proves me wrong.

Our last 4 draft aquisitions have been 4 year seniors, so we'll see.
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

Quote Originally Posted by IndyProdigy View Post
    Our last 4 draft aquisitions have been 4 year seniors, so we'll see.
    Rush actually came out as a junior.... if you're counting him as one of the last 4

Just like everythinng else my guess is Bledseo's decision will come down to draft placement and his earning potential. If he is a top 5 draft prospect my guess is he will come out if not my guess he will stay since he will be regarded as a potential Naismith award winner and top draft prospect in next years draft. Similar thing happened with Dun when he decided to leave college early. It did not come down to money but he knew if he waited he would be in Lebrons draft and therefore not the same opportunities he could have gotten as leaving early. I think Bledsoe is just what this team needs. He reminds me a lot of Jay Williams from Duke athleticism and explosiveness. If Bledseo is there take him, but if not I really really have my eye on Udoh from Baylor.
    JOB is a silly man

He's shorter, but he's built thick like Jarrett Jack. He's tough too. He's more explosive, but from the limited film I've seen he is fairly comparable.

I think we were a better team last year simply because we had someone that wouldn't back down, would bang with the bigs to score, would do all these things, as a point guard, that translated to grit and determination....and that rubs off on a team. If Bledsoe is THIS type of player, we could definitely use him.

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    Standard lottery mock, for anyone who needs refreshing.

I would take Aldrich if guys like Turner or Wes Johnson are gone. The Pacers will need someone to eventually replace Jeff Foster to be a solid backup to Hibbert. He's a good defender and rebounder who has a solid post game, he moves well up and down the court, and he's got the kind of experience that we want in a player. Look at it this way, we already have a Rik Smits (Hibbert), now we go out and get another Dale Davis (Aldrich).

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Bledsoe is top ten range.

Turner
    Wall
    Cousins
    Favors
    WJohnson
    Aminu
    Bledsoe
    Patterson
    Monroe
    Aldrich
    Henry
    Udoh
    Vesely
    Alabi

I think Bledsoe would be right in our range of drafting if he came out. It looks as if the 2011 draft is similar in talent at the PG position to this year, where there is one clear cut top PG and then it would be Bledsoe and nobody. I think this may be one of those scenarios if Kentucky wins it all, everybody will leave like the 2005 Tar Heels did. There were four Tar Heels drafted in the 2005 lottery. Florida had it happen as well, losing all five starters to the draft in 2007. Three in the top 10, the other two in the second round. Rooting for Kentucky so that we have another great option at a position of need! I can't believe I said I was rooting for Kentucky. I feel dirty.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

According to nbadraft.net:

"Sources indicate that due to Bledsoe's family situation, he will look to enter this year's draft."

I'd be ecstatic to pick him at #6 after Wall, Turner, Favors, Cousins, and Johnson... though Monroe might be ahead of him, I'd take Bledsoe based on need.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Rush actually came out as a junior.... if you're counting him as one of the last 4
    really? was he ever redshirted? that mustve totally slipped my mind...couldve sworn he was a 4 year player. thats just what i get i guess when i trust my gut.
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

Quote Originally Posted by wellinap87 View Post
    Look at it this way, we already have a Rik Smits (Hibbert), now we go out and get another Dale Davis (Aldrich).
    I agree with the notion that we need a Dale-like complement to Roy, but Aldrich is more like another Scott Pollard than another Dale Davis. I'd go Patrick Patterson before Aldrich. Aldrich would only back Roy up, if not clash with his development. But he certainly is not a Davis-to-Smits complement.

I don't necessarily have any problem with taking Bledsoe at #10 or so.
    But when watching the posted clip (I've seen him play on TV too), what
    I see is a shorter version of Fred Jones who (contrary to Fred) can go
    to his left.

What I don't see is any indictaion that he's anywhere remotely close to
    ready to even begin to man the PG spot at the NBA level on a consistent
    basis.

Again though, since the Pacers can use an explosive, combo-type G
    off the bench (for whatever reason, Head certainly hasn't filled that
    roll), taking him at #10ish makes some sense.

As for the Aldrich-Foster comparsion, there isn't one. Foster has (or
    had) MUCH more lateral quickness/agility than Aldrich does. At the
    NBA level, Aldrich is strictly a C. A backup C is to far down the priority
    list to waste a high pick on him this year.

The more I think about it the more I would like to have Bledsoe on the team. He could become an all-star if he hits his ceiling, plus he could play next to AJ and it work on both ends of the floor. Also I'm not sold on anyone outside of Wall, Turner, Favors, Cousins and Johnson. And if he is projected to be top 5 next year he would be a steal in the 8-10 range. Can't wait to watch the WVU game!

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bledsoe, assuming he comes out, will be the second best point guard in the draft. And PG is by far our biggest need. I'd be thrilled if he were the pick.

He is uber-atheltic, a good passer, and a solid shooter. He could be a smaller, better shooting Russell Westbrook. There's a chance he could be nothing more than a better shooting T.J. Ford but he doesn't seem nearly as selfish to me. I would much rather have a project PG than another backup PF.

I'm hoping the Pacers draft board looks something like this:

1. John Wall
    2. Evan Turner
    3. Demarcus Cousins
    4. Derrick Favors
    5. Wesley Johnson
    6. Eric Bledsoe
    7. Al-Farouq Aminu
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Mood

Why Wesley Johnson before Bledsoe?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Why Wesley Johnson before Bledsoe?
    Simply, I think he's just a better player. Wing certainly isn't one of the bigger needs of the Pacers but he's the fifth best talent in my opinion.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Banned
    Mood

I'm fine with taking Johnson if he's available. Outside of the "big 4" I think he has as much star potential as anyone, and with Brandon Rush not exactly lighting the world on fire and Dahntay being a 29 year old career backup, I think SG is an area of concern.

Take Johnson and use our 2nd(s) + $$$ to move into the mid-to-late 1st round (where it's not inconceivable Bledsoe could be available) and I'd be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Bledsoe, assuming he comes out, will be the second best point guard in the draft. And PG is by far our biggest need. I'd be thrilled if he were the pick.

He is uber-atheltic, a good passer, and a solid shooter. He could be a smaller, better shooting Russell Westbrook. There's a chance he could be nothing more than a better shooting T.J. Ford but he doesn't seem nearly as selfish to me. I would much rather have a project PG than another backup PF.

I'm hoping the Pacers draft board looks something like this:

1. John Wall
    2. Evan Turner
    3. Demarcus Cousins
    4. Derrick Favors
    5. Wesley Johnson
    6. Eric Bledsoe
    7. Al-Farouq Aminu
    I think PF is arguably just as needed.
    We have Troy who we'd like to get rid of, Tyler, who we don't know if he'll be back, and Josh..who probably won't get to play next season.

At PG we've got TJ, who we'd like to get rid of. Watson, who would like to keep but probably can't afford, and Price..who, has a better shot at playing next season than McBob does.

neither position is doing well, but in a PF draft, when we do need PFs, we'd have to think about who we want to take.

That being said, Bledsoe, I think would be a good pick. But that pick means we'd enter the season with TJ/AJ/Bledsoe. With Bledsoe as a project, and looking to get rid of TJ. Personally, I posted before, I'd prefer to pick up a PG in the second round, get rid of TJ and have three really cheap PGs. And yes, they'd be really young, and they'd struggle at times, and IMO, it puts a ton of pressure on AJ, but it also speeds up their progression..and at somepoint you just have to throw the younger guys at the wolves.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Simply, I think he's just a better player. Wing certainly isn't one of the bigger needs of the Pacers but he's the fifth best talent in my opinion.
    Is he good enough to where, if he and Danny can co-exist, we wouldn't need a PG better than Price?

If the answer is no, then I'd still take Bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillman's 'Fro' View Post
    I don't necessarily have any problem with taking Bledsoe at #10 or so.
    But when watching the posted clip (I've seen him play on TV too), what
    I see is a shorter version of Fred Jones who (contrary to Fred) can go
    to his left.

What I don't see is any indictaion that he's anywhere remotely close to
    ready to even begin to man the PG spot at the NBA level on a consistent
    basis.

Again though, since the Pacers can use an explosive, combo-type G
    off the bench (for whatever reason, Head certainly hasn't filled that
    roll), taking him at #10ish makes some sense.

As for the Aldrich-Foster comparsion, there isn't one. Foster has (or
    had) MUCH more lateral quickness/agility than Aldrich does. At the
    NBA level, Aldrich is strictly a C. A backup C is to far down the priority
    list to waste a high pick on him this year.
    You don't see that because he is not running the point on a consistent basis now. He was never meant to play sg at Kentucky but since Wall signed he was forced to play it for the teams sake. Mind you he has done a really good job of that too. I should also mention we are not talking about converting a sg into a pg like Westbrook. Bledsoe is a pg plan and simple. Fred Jones was a scorer and that was about it.

Bledsoe is starting to grow on me, especially if he's projected to be Top 5 next season. The PG position seems to be our biggest need. We can always use Ford/Dunleavy/Murphy to get a solid PF.