Thread: 2010-2011 Season Tickets?

Default 2010-2011 Season Tickets?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section)

What's up?

Lakers fan living here in Indy, and I want to buy season tickets next season.

Would any of you know when they go on sale? Searched all over the Pacers site and couldn't find a date.

Thanks for any help

Lefty

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2010-2011 Season Tickets?

I think right now they're just doing renewals for current season ticket holders. I'll call my ticket rep once the Conseco offices open in the morning and see if she can give me a date when they go on sale for new accounts.

P.S. I'm diggin the avatar. Nick the Quick was one of my favorite players back in the day.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think right now they're just doing renewals for current season ticket holders. I'll call my ticket rep once the Conseco offices open in the morning and see if she can give me a date when they go on sale for new accounts.

P.S. I'm diggin the avatar. Nick the Quick was one of my favorite players back in the day.
    Thanks man.

Yup, Nick was a huge reason I became a Lakers fan.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You can purchase season tickets any time (to the best of my knowledge).

You can call the season ticket office at 317-917-2500 and the website is http://www.nba.com/pacers/tickets/home.html (not sure if you can buy tickets for next year just yet, but I bet if you call they would be willing to work with you)

One thing thats really pissing me off about our mini season renewal is that they won't guarantee us our seats. We actually really like our seats. I would be hard pressed to pick out better ones in the Balcony, I find it bizarre that they won't give us these seats for 10 games next season. Its not like people are just up and buying season tickets. I certainly won't upgrade to a half season with the team under JOB, and im' not sure I could stomach 20 games of Dun and Murphy next year. But it just makes no sense that if you have people who want to already bought tickets and want to renew, why would you not let them keep their seats.

What are the operating days/hours for that number?

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing thats really pissing me off about our mini season renewal is that they won't guarantee us our seats. We actually really like our seats. I would be hard pressed to pick out better ones in the Balcony, I find it bizarre that they won't give us these seats for 10 games next season. Its not like people are just up and buying season tickets. I certainly won't upgrade to a half season with the team under JOB, and im' not sure I could stomach 20 games of Dun and Murphy next year. But it just makes no sense that if you have people who want to already bought tickets and want to renew, why would you not let them keep their seats.
    Your loyalty to them is irrelevant, and I am not even totally joking. They are hoping, beyond all sense of reason, that someone else will come along and buy a half or full season of your seats with a lower overall cost to them per ticket for whatever "credits" they are giving out to people who have not been ticketholders for as long as you have, and possibly never have been before due to their "tier" reward system.

They may even believe that they don't want to "Lock In" what you have paid on your seats for two years because they feel they can get more from them by leaving their options open. If that is the case, they must know a lot more about the future and anticipated ticket price increases than we do.

Also, per my former ticket rep last year, a lot of the promotional heavily discounted seats are actually being subsidized by advertisers on a game by game basis. It might be that the Pacers think that they have opportunities to get more for your seats that way than they can from you even though you have already renewed, but that is just speculation on my part.

IMO, it is totally backwards thinking on the part of the franchise to do things that way, but for them, in my experience, once they have you as a customer they feel like they have control of the relationship and will do whatever it takes to make the money you spend with them as profitable as possible for that particular season, with little to no regard for customer complaints about mistreatment because they believe that most who buy season tickets are almost addicted and will continue to renew as long as they don't feel TOO upset about their mistreatment.

I stopped being a STH after last year, and at the level of commitment I had then, and had actually had for several years, it was a very wise decision on my part because of the way this year has gone, both on the floor and because of the continuing promotions.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brad, for your sake there haven't been any comped tickets through facebook or any of the sponsors' websites this year. Now @indianapacers has been holding a ton of trivia contests on twitter this season for free tickets, but they haven't been consistant.

I hope you find that welcoming.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Thanks for the info, Duke.

The few games I have attended this year on $5 balcony tickets suggest that promotions are doing the job of increasing both announced attendance and bodies in seats during a worse year than any have been since the 1980's despite apparently reducing the reliance on Facebook or sponsor websites for those promotions. Congratulations to the franchise for figuring out that the efficiency of Twitter as a promotional tool is higher than that of other promotional tools overall.

It will be very interesting to see if they are able to get people to pay the big increases which amount to forced spending on merchandise and concessions or additional tickets for STH's next year. I know that you and several others renewed, and I thank you for supporting the Pacers.

I just know that with tight money right now, that will stop a lot of people in their tracks, especially those who would go to games consistently who save money by eating before they come to games and might only spend money at the gift shop once in a great while. If the Pacers were to treat these people well now, who knows, when their economic situation changes for the better they might become money spenders who appreciated getting to go to games when times were tougher for them.

Obviously, I still am upset by what happened to me, and that does impact my perceptions of what the franchise does with respect to this issue, and likely what it does in general.

Amazingly, though, I still want the team to improve both on the floor and financially because ultimately I am still a Pacers fan despite everything. Otherwise, I sure would not bother to follow them, let alone spend the time I do here at PD.